Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sound Problems in OFP

Sound Problems in OFP

Help! I have sound problems in OFP game. When I start mission music and all sound stop.
    My other games work just fine but this game locks up every time.

My hardware config is:

Ram :2048MB (2GB)
    Display card :ATI Radeon HD 4600 Series
    Sound card : Creative SB Live! (CT4620) Sound card
    Motherboard :ASUS P4S533-MX
    Chipset :SiS 651

I hope this info helps for solving this problem.

---------- Post added at 06:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:08 PM ----------

Sorry for double posting but in some other sound threads contain this advice:
    If you install new sound card or display card you have to re-install OFP.
    Dang! Is this ONLY hope here?
    YO! I remain OFP fan forever. But now I will also start playing these ARMAS because I have new machine.

33B0

It could be related to directX. Click the start button and select run. Then type in the box "dxdiag". This will run the diagnostic tool, when it finishes click the sound tab and see if it shows any errors.
    System Specs: [Intel i5 655k 3.2ghz unlocked]...[8gb ddr3 1344mhz ram]...[evga GTX660sc 2gb gddr5]...[Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme]
    Worlds largest collection of OFP files known to man.

Author of the Thread
    Zulu1:
    Dixdiag test runned. No errors there.
    Last edited by 33BO11OF00; Mar 4 2012 at 17:37. Reason: word added

Did you change any hardware in your pc and/or did you install new drivers for the hardware? If so, have you tried the "Autodetect" button in the preferences executable?
    Creating ArmA:CWA addons at a snail's pace and newsposter @ OFPr.info.

Author of the Thread
    New errors on screen. OPF won't run only showing this text:
    Bas_o\config.cpp/CfgVehicles/BasAgs_Whouse2.ladders : "," encountered instead of ";"

What does this means?

---------- Post added at 09:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 PM ----------

What is difference between these four .EXE files
    OperationFlashpoint.EXE
    OPFlashPreferences.EXE
    and
    FlahpointPreferences.EXE (With this EXE all sound problems corrected.)
    FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE.EXE

Question:
    Does OFP run on windows 7? Because I'm getting a new computer soon.
    Last edited by 33BO11OF00; Mar 4 2012 at 18:58. Reason: Crap! Typo!

Quote Originally Posted by 33BO11OF00 View Post
    New errors on screen. OPF won't run only showing this text:
    Bas_o\config.cpp/CfgVehicles/BasAgs_Whouse2.ladders : "," encountered instead of ";"

What is difference between these four .EXE files
    OperationFlashpoint.EXE <CWC 1.46, pre-Resistance expansion>
    OPFlashPreferences.EXE <CWC 1.46 preferences, pre-Resistance expansion>
    and
    FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE.EXE <1.75 and upwards, Resistance expansion>
    FlashpointPreferences.EXE (With this EXE all sound problems corrected.) <1.75 and upwards, Resistance expansion>
    BAS_O is related to a BAS addon, BAS_O comes with the Tonal mod if I remember correctly. Either you are missing a required addon, or you tried to edit a file from BAS or a mission and forgot to properly close the syntax (either forgot the ";" or something was added after the ";"). It could also be a bug in that addon, but I have played with BAS addons for years, so I am fairly sure that it's not a bug in the addon itself. Could also be that you're trying to run Resistance-era addons from BAS with just CWC, although you should get a mention about the version before any error message that you are getting.
    Last edited by JdB; Mar 4 2012 at 19:09.

Quote Originally Posted by 33BO11OF00 View Post
    Question:
    Does OFP run on windows 7? Because I'm getting a new computer soon.
    Yes, no problem.

I don't want to hijack some elses thread, but I've been battling a sound problem lately.

The problem is internal vehicle sounds are like being underwater and the timming is slowed down (like slow motion). After playing around with drivers I can now get the proper sound if I switch to an external view then back to internal. This could be a problem with 3rd view being disabled in MP play.

What does anyone know about video cards with high definition audio? I recently switched to an ATI HD5670 and it adds an AMD HD Audio driver which I currently have disabled. Would this be related to the problem at all?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zulu1 View Post
    I don't want to hijack some elses thread, but I've been battling a sound problem lately.

The problem is internal vehicle sounds are like being underwater and the timming is slowed down (like slow motion). After playing around with drivers I can now get the proper sound if I switch to an external view then back to internal. This could be a problem with 3rd view being disabled in MP play.

What does anyone know about video cards with high definition audio? I recently switched to an ATI HD5670 and it adds an AMD HD Audio driver which I currently have disabled. Would this be related to the problem at all?
    I've had a similar problem for years, ever since I switched to a surround sound capable card (I have the relevant settings disabled ingame, they don't sound any different). Single fire mode on any weapon in the primary slot is soft, then I switch to another firing mode, hit the fire button at least once and then my sound is the volume it should be from then on until I restart or retry. Sound in OFP is just weird sometimes ...

Well at long last after many hours of frustration it seems I have narrowed down the problem. Something in my Zulu1 profile was affecting the sound. I tried playing using a different profile and the sounds all worked correctly. I could not spot anything in the user.cfg file that looked odd, so I just deleted it for Zulu1 and made a new .cfg file now it seems to be OK.

edit: Ok now I have pin pointed the souce of the problem, the only question now is why? With sound/hardware acceleration enabled the sounds get muted and go into slow motion. With it disabled it's fine.

I used to be able to run with this enabled and I just can't figure out what has changed so that I have to disabled it now.
    Last edited by Zulu1; Mar 6 2012 at 00:35. Reason: more info

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast