Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Developer post in this thread.  

Thread: New BattlEye features for server admins

Quote Originally Posted by nuxil View Post
    I love the new say command. but it can be hard to read sometimes and easly overlooked. espesialy if there is much chatter going on..
    since its basicly the same color as Global and Direct.

This is a as much request to BIS as it is to $able.

would it be possible to for Bis to define a own channel for BE's Say command in it's own color.
    In example red. this would catch the players eyes much more and the infomation sent isnt that easly overlooked anymore.
    yes please make the Battleye text RED

Quote Originally Posted by $able View Post
    I agree with you. I'm sure we can add a new color for all BE messages in the next game patch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kochleffel View Post
    yes please make the Battleye text RED
    Yes please! That would help admins so much!!

Also perhaps, a command to show which scripts.txt entires are active. That would be just handy to know if stuff laoded correctly

Grep

This seems to be a simplified version of the grep tools that can be used with Windows or Linux servers. With the tool, you are able to identify "who" is giving a command. I would call this an Arma version of grep which is a move in the right direction.

We have been using grep tools in our life mission servers for a very long time. We catch hackers in a matter of a few seconds. The greatest challenge is knowing the search criteria. For example, its easy to catch someone who spawns a tank in the mission when the mission does not even come with tanks... you just grep M1A1. Other cheats are more complicated to find unless you know exactly what script commands to search.

I recommend EVERYONE use grep tools on their servers combined with this new tool. Not a bad combo.

Now, if we can just stop the DDOS kiddies a lil quicker =). They are the worst.

The strength of an army is found in its loyalty to each other!

Clan Commander of Team Deadly Assassins! (Teamda.enjin.com)

BattlEye Developer
    Author of the Thread
    Quote Originally Posted by .da.Trademark View Post
    This seems to be a simplified version of the grep tools that can be used with Windows or Linux servers. With the tool, you are able to identify "who" is giving a command. I would call this an Arma version of grep which is a move in the right direction.

We have been using grep tools in our life mission servers for a very long time. We catch hackers in a matter of a few seconds. The greatest challenge is knowing the search criteria. For example, its easy to catch someone who spawns a tank in the mission when the mission does not even come with tanks... you just grep M1A1. Other cheats are more complicated to find unless you know exactly what script commands to search.

I recommend EVERYONE use grep tools on their servers combined with this new tool. Not a bad combo.

Now, if we can just stop the DDOS kiddies a lil quicker =). They are the worst.
    I suppose you are talking about searching the network traffic?

Sergeant
    i had a player kicked today for what i think might be a false positive?

e=['
    (_this select 1) switchmove "SLX_DraggerCargoDead";
    if(local (_this select 1))then{
    (_this sele
    this is all thats in the scripts.log (yes i know its interrupted in mid-"sentence")

my scripts.txt looks like this:

7 Bo_Mk82
    7 GOD
    7 godmode

7 Bo_FAB_250
    any ideas?

7.   Click here to go to the next Developer post in this thread.   #57
    well cargodead has god in it, so it picking it up ... probably the system need to use for filters something like regular expressions

Sergeant
    oh wow! well spotted
    thanks

Still doesn't work in vanilla.
    When this will be fixed?

I see a lot of admins use that new tool to detect hackers but they lack scripting skills and realy don't know how does it work or functionality of the scripts. Few days ago I visited some of "Life" server (server which runs very badly scripted and non-optimized life mission, ported from A1) and saw a lot of people got banned for "Hacking". I've left the server and tried another one, I was interested what's going on at other server with. Same.

I guess it's new wave of bans in arma community... It is so ArmA-like : to ban all for everything suspicious, ha-ha.

Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast