Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first Developer post in this thread.  

Thread: Take On Helicopters Beta Patch 89942

Quote Originally Posted by DnA View Post
    Since the cockpit flickering is again one of those issues we don't see happen a lot in-house, let's try to find a pattern in hardware and software. Please can those who see this happen post information about HW, SW and settings in TKOH (in the CIT ticket or here)? If we can link it to a specific settings (e.g. PiP), it will be more feasible to track down.
    I see the occasional cockpit flickering. See signature for settings.

I'm not sure if 'collective bug' is related to my 'spinning bug', but my problem is still there. I can easily reproduced it in every betapatch since then.
    I would not call it collective bug, because everything is very sensitive, collective is still working, but helicopter is spinning (same behaver like already fixed 88779 bug ), what help is turn off motor, even when I fly, then helicopter stop spinning and I can land with autorotation (usually it ends with crash ). It seems that flight model goes crazy. I even reinstall game, no change .
    My Computer:
    MSI Z68A-GD65 G3 | i5 2500K @4.5GHz | NVidia MSI N560GTX-TI TWIN FROZR II
    16GB Kingston HyperX Genesis Grey 1600Mhz | SSD 128GB Crucial M4 | Enermax PRO82+ 525W | Windows 7 x64 | Logitech WingMa​n Extreme 3D Pro

Take On Helicopters - video options #.

WRT cockpit flickering, see spoiler for profile, cfg and system settings...
    Once thing worth pointing out - I don't emember any flickering from patch 1.03 (or if it was there it was rare enough that I didn't notice it) so this appears to be an effect that was made worse during the beta tweaking. Tweaking with the graphics settings doesn't seem to do much to affect it either.

Spoiler:
    Last edited by sbsmac; Feb 29 2012 at 17:23.
    Author of PVPmissionWizard ArmA2FPSAnalyser AddonChecker and ... squint

Tools homepage

Crosseyed and Painless - a blog about my ArmA2 developments

Quote Originally Posted by BoboCZ View Post
    I'm not sure if 'collective bug' is related to my 'spinning bug', but my problem is still there. I can easily reproduced it in every betapatch since then.
    I would not call it collective bug, because everything is very sensitive, collective is still working, but helicopter is spinning (same behaver like already fixed 88779 bug ), what help is turn off motor, even when I fly, then helicopter stop spinning and I can land with autorotation (usually it ends with crash ). It seems that flight model goes crazy. I even reinstall game, no change .
    I have reported the spinning problem several times, and it still exists in this beta. It is rather rare, but I think it occurs when slowing down to land and the analog collective controls are used to reduce collective to 0 temporarily to lose altitude. If that control is held too long, the heli (medium only) goes into hard right spin which can sometimes be stopped by autohover or by holding down left pedal. The heli is completely unflyable when the spin happens, and you will either crash or spin in place forever at ~1 rev/sec. This never happened before 1.04 betas, and is obviously related to the 1.04 RTD FM for medium heli. I have vids of it, but haven't uploaded them.

Is this spin a bug or a feature? Seems like a problem to me. Does the spin result from the heli becoming damaged in some way?
    Last edited by OMAC; Mar 1 2012 at 03:56.

I can re-create the spinning bug every time:

1. In the editor, place a medium civil helo anywhere and set it to flying.
    2. Raise the collective slowly to full to gain some height.
    3. Lower the collective all the way down - slowly, maintaining control with pedal.
    4. Bring the collective all the way up again - the helo will start to sping wildly and no amount of pedal can counter it. There seems to be a 'trigger point' during the collective raising manouver that sets it off - for me this is just before 100% collective up.

EDIT--> Tested with a Logitech G940 Joystick/Throttle/Pedal system.

Did someone raise a ticket for this? I can't see anything related at dev heaven.

Not sure how often this would manifest in real situations - it seems that normal approach and landing are OK
    Last edited by Jedra; Mar 1 2012 at 13:45.
    Jedra's Addons
    Arma 2 : Enhanced Skills Slider
    Take On Helicopters : Take On Taxi | Jedra's Time Trials | Weapon Indicators | No Radar

The use of analog collective controls can apparently cause the spinning more readily, as it instantly sets collective to max or min temporarily, as long as the keys are held, which may jar the system in some way, causing damage or a bug. Such keys have been vital for me to speed or slow descent on landings w/o autohover. I've never seen a ticket for this issue either, but it has been present since the first 1.04 beta, yet in varying degrees of severity.
    Last edited by OMAC; Mar 2 2012 at 00:41.

Unfortunately this version breaks compatibility with the latest Linux DS (the beta is now marked as 1.04 whereas the Linux DS is still 1.03). Any chance we might see an updated Linux DS beta soon™?

"Nothing is so firmly believed as what is least known." - Michel de Montaigne

8.   This is the last Developer post in this thread.   #18
    Author of the Thread
    Yes, Linux server to be distributed once the final patch is released
    Bohemia Interactive
    Arma 3 - Project Lead
    Watch us, tweet us, poke us

Take On Helicopters - Project Lead
    Take On Noisecontrollers!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12