Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: What Mods Will You Expect/Create?

What Mods Will You Expect/Create?

Im always interested in mods people will make and what future applications will be made with Arma 3. Are some of you creating mods already?

I personally see ACE3 making its way into Arma 3. Possibly also a modern warfare mod [not the game], so we have more up to date weapons in game.

I also hope to see a thirsk winter style map along with winter camouflage. A complete city map? Being able to blow holes in walls/bunkers etc. Chinese weapons.
    A naval warfare mod possibly with drivable aircraft carriers, subs, destroyers etc along with an open water warfare map. An F-1117 Nighthawk, B-2 bombers. Fishing mod?
    Destructable vegetation.

What mods do you expect will crop up after Arma 3 has been released?

Some sort of racing mod I can expect because vehicles will actually behave like vehicles now and are more detailed and immersive.

ACE 3 definitely!

DayZ for Arma 3

Battlebus 2.0 for teh lulz

All kinds of crazy shenanigans like people being dragged by a 7 ton or tanks being lifted by little birds you know that sort of stuff.
    *HAF 922 Cooler Master case
    *ASUS Maximus VI Gene Republic of Gamers Motherboard
    *Intel Core i5 4670k Haswell @3.8ghz
    *Corsair Vengeance 8GB DDR3 @1600mhz
    *EVGA GTX560 Ti 2048MB DDR5 memory Factory clocked
    *Seagate 1TB 7200rpm HDD
    *Hannspree 22" Widescreen Monitor 1680x1050 @60hz

I think it may be too early, but I do hope that perhaps there's some support for "transferring" projects and mods to ArmA III with ease. The transition from ArmA I to II seemed to have required mods to be redone all over again, and considering with the ArmA II mods we have super comprehensive features, it would be painful to imagine that work has to be done all over again for the new game. Take ACE, for example. I hope they don't have to make it all over again for III, but can simply transfer over what they have for II, and build upon the new features III offers.
    Last edited by Foffy; May 15 2012 at 02:39.

Gunnery Sergeant
    Quote Originally Posted by Foffy View Post
    I think it may be too early, but I do hope that perhaps there's some support for "transferring" projects and mods to ArmA III with ease. The transition from ArmA I to II seemed to have required mods to be redone all over again, and considering with the ArmA II mods we have super comprehensive features, it would be painful to imagine that work has to be done all over again for the new game. Take ACE, for example. I hope they don't have to make it all over again for III, but can simply transfer over what they have for II, and build upon the new features III offers.
    On the contrary, the more you have to "redo" the mods the better IMHO. This points to the fact ARMA 3 would be a completely new game and not just an "addon" like other developers do with their titles. (hrm hrm CoD hrm hrm Battlefield, though BF did get an engine makeover since BF2)

I'm not saying modders should have to re-write everything and there will be some sort of familiar territory (OK, plenty) that allows them to port their mods after a few tweaks here and there.
    But in essence, new features need to be exploited. New ways of doing things need to be adapted to for the better. They won't have to start from scratch because they have a working concept already and have ironed out most of the "how to solve this" issues in titles past.

----------

The very first thing i hope for in terms of ARMA 3 mods are:

• Bringing the time back to the modern era (weapons and vehicles etc) between the years 2000 - 2012. I am not too fond of railguns and lasers. (I know it isn't THAT but I'd just like to have something i can relate to)
    • An ACE style mod, I.E ACE 3.
    • Controlling (input), Physics and Graphics tweaks (performance and visuals) etc that work better than what we would get at release. Sure BI is good but the community are more numerous and have more data to go on.
    • And anything that adds to the general content and complexity of the title.

Quote Originally Posted by Meester View Post
    I personally see ACE3 making its way into Arma 3.
    Yes new ACE mod is for sure the one I'm most excited about, also any mods that will improve AI behaviour, particularly the AI's ability to use cover and to fight from inside houses.

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by PLRSniper View Post
    On the contrary, the more you have to "redo" the mods the better IMHO. This points to the fact ARMA 3 would be a completely new game and not just an "addon" like other developers do with their titles. (hrm hrm CoD hrm hrm Battlefield, though BF did get an engine makeover since BF2)

I'm not saying modders should have to re-write everything and there will be some sort of familiar territory (OK, plenty) that allows them to port their mods after a few tweaks here and there.
    But in essence, new features need to be exploited. New ways of doing things need to be adapted to for the better. They won't have to start from scratch because they have a working concept already and have ironed out most of the "how to solve this" issues in titles past.
    [/LIST]
    This is true, but what of older campaigns and addons not re-released for ArmA III? It would be pretty cool to be able to port them over, even if it meant they lacked the bells and whistles of ArmA III. I'd love to be able to play all of my ArmA content in the newest release, seeing as the engines add so much that makes it hard to go back.
    Last edited by Foffy; May 15 2012 at 06:23.

- Dayz
    - Project Reality
    - All the popular Arma 2 maps ported

- Hopefully someone will build a persistent world like Dayz but a different style like insurgency or something

A friend and I have been fantasizing about an open world "wild west" mod, inspired by Red Dead Redemption. Not that we'll ever find the time to make it, but you can dream...

Gigabyte P67X-UD3-B3 Motherboard | Intel Core i7 2600k @ 4.0GHz | NVidia GeForce GTX770 4GB
    16GB Corsair XMS3 1600Mhz RAM | Kingston HyperX SSD | ASUS Xonar D2X
    sound | be Quiet! 700W PSU | Windows 7 x64

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnister View Post
    - Project Reality
    Don't believe that mod is that popular on Arma 2 compared to its success on BF2.

I even forgot about the mod till very recently.

First Lieutenant CameronMcDonald's Avatar
    ACE3, RHS, CSLA, FDF, BWMod, AAW, ah, the potential!
    Everyone tempted to post another inane/useless/whogivesatoss topic in the A3 forum - here.

Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast