SFG

Invasion 1944 v2.6 (CO)

MAPEU is part of the standard DAC v3c download. In any event Lester told me some time ago he would have no problem with me including the pbo in a package as long as it's unaltered (or did you mean there's conflict between i44 & MAPEU classnames?).

As for grasscutters - that hadn't occurred to me, LOL Duh! OTOH B-17s & even B-29s as well as Lancasters, Halifaxes, & many types of smaller aircraft flew from grass airfields such as Rougham. BTW, there's a brief but very interesting account of one B-17 airman's experiences in WWII Europe (including taking part in the 2 key raids that destroyed the Nazi's attempts to build an A-bomb) here:

http://aafo.com/library/history/B-17/thisisit.htm

Dunno if there's a model that might pass for the metal mesh used to support the planes especially in wet weather.

BR

Well I haven't messed with the DAC in a while so that explains that. Your talking maybe a year I had some issues with lag from it so I kinda just leave it alone. The grass Airfields though Something you may not or may already know,these Aircraft in I44 don't like the Grass they bump and bounce constantly and are very hard to keep on a fixed heading for take off , that's why I choose to pave the runway on my Airstrips. And the grass even though I put down cutters what parts of the runways are off the actual map area ,are covered with grass even though I put down cutters. NOt sure why.. Its like the cutters have no effect on the Outskirts of the map. but the Airfield itself sits in the best spot I could find on Merderet River. I tried many other spots but this one just suited me best.

Only may 25 meters of runway is grass and the rest of the airfield is flat and paved. As for the B-17 Metal there's a silver p-47 and green P-47 so its gotta be possible to get the Silver. In FS2004 we had Repaints and that was fairly easy. I don't know how they do it in Arma2 though. The B-29s I believe were the Pacific theater so I'm not sure I44 is the place but you may see one in the "Hell in the Pacific mod" coming out soon. The Lancaster ah what a great plane...If you get the Lancaster then you have to build a dam and a think you know where I'm going with that one hehe.

I thought I might make mention after looking at THIS IS IT page you sent that this may make good reading for you as well http://www.homeofheroes.com/wings/part2/09_ploesti.html Its a page dedicated to Operation Tidal Wave ,The Ploesti Raid. I read it years ago because of my love for the B-24D but if you like vintage and read the Stories you'll love it as well ,not quite as long as "This is it" though. You know Im surprised Ive never heard of "This is It".

Also YouRek it would be great to see the Horsa Gliders considering they were a huge part of the UK Involvement in D-DAY right along side the C-130sI believe they took off from Lincolnshire Airfield. Bunches of them crash landed though and alot struck power poles.

Edited by Eaglezero6205

Question for the I44 team and anyone that plays or has played the I44_C&H_Battleground Mp missions.

I recently tried the missions (hosted them on my own computer) and fell in love with them, made me feel like I was playing old Red Orchestra but better.

Missions play fine when I host them but when i put them on my gameserver (NFO), the mission starts and im sitting in a field with nothing, I mean nothing, no tanks, no AI, just me and the green grass, its like i created a new mission without a mission, like I just put down a soldier and theres the mission. WTF?:eek: :(

Has anyone tried these missions on a dedicated server, or uploaded them to your own public servers?, and do you get the same issue, or am i the only one.

Im pondering it might be the 1.60 patch as since I update my server to 1.60 none of my briefings show now when before i had no isssues.

Anyone?

As far as I'm aware there aren't any issues with the Battleground missions I think I had the chance to try them all out on a dedicated server without issue. I would guess you have an installation/loading problem with the mod on your server.

Well I haven't messed with the DAC in a while so that explains that. Your talking maybe a year I had some issues with lag from it so I kinda just leave it alone. The grass Airfields though Something you may not or may already know,these Aircraft in I44 don't like the Grass they bump and bounce constantly and are very hard to keep on a fixed heading for take off , that's why I choose to pave the runway on my Airstrips. And the grass even though I put down cutters what parts of the runways are off the actual map area ,are covered with grass even though I put down cutters. NOt sure why.. Its like the cutters have no effect on the Outskirts of the map. but the Airfield itself sits in the best spot I could find on Merderet River. I tried many other spots but this one just suited me best.

Oh.. I wouldn't have noticed as I fly like a submarine. I'll see if the AI has the same issues; if not it's still worth having a go. P-51 lovers might like to fly missions mimicking the useful work the P-51s did (IIRC mentioned in the link I posted) of flying ahead of the bomber formations & trying to catch the Jerry fighters before they could get airborne.

Thanks for the link, I'll take a look at the weekend.

As far as I'm aware there aren't any issues with the Battleground missions I think I had the chance to try them all out on a dedicated server without issue. I would guess you have an installation/loading problem with the mod on your server.

I also rotated them on my server for a few weeks and did not have any issues.

I agree with Gunter on one thing though - they did remind me of the old RO and they were also much more fun than the latest RO offering too! I can't say it enough really, but you boys really done good this time!

I would guess you have an installation/loading problem with the mod on your server.

Thanks for the replies Pac and jedra, Ya thats very possible but what is weird is I've done the same thing since we had the server, now 2 years, and never had issues with loading mods.

I mean all i did to put I44 on the server was transfer what I had from my computer to the FTP, and then run the command line with the @CBA;@I44 in it, I dont see how anything cannot load.

All the other missions I have on the server play fine, except for the ones I built, as before my briefings worked, but now they dont show up,

and now just those battlefield missions dont show, all the other mpmissions for I44 show np.

I agree with Gunter on one thing though - they did remind me of the old RO and they were also much more fun than the latest RO offering too!

Ya! I played RO since the beginning, and this was like playing an Arma2CO version of RO, except instead of stupid bots,

you actually are going againsted somewhat intelligent AI if thats correct to say >D

Is it possible you guys can make more of those missions, or can I use anyone one of those missions and just copy and paste and then make adjustments accordingly?

Last question, just an opinion i suppose, but was there any reason why you guys didn't use authentic sounds for the infantry weapons?

I mean you guys seemed to have the sounds like right on in the 2.5 version, even in the Arma1 version they seemed pretty good, sounds sound rather off,

is the DAC sounds file the cause of that or reason, or are the sounds made that way, I just feel out of sinc with the game when i know what the

real sounds are then I go and shoot and the sound is something else.

We have run the Battleground missions on our dedi with no issues (Bulge and Merderet for sure.. probably others as well).... and I agree they are a ton of fun. In fact those missions have brought in a few new Arma players to our group as it seems to be similar gameplay to RO, FH2, etc. Hopefully we'll see more of these done in future releases.

Is it possible you guys can make more of those missions, or can I use anyone one of those missions and just copy and paste and then make adjustments accordingly?

Frizy and Fasut have made Battlegrounds so that it is SUPER easy to covert them to other maps, its pretty much a matter of copy and pasting everything to the new map you'd like, changing the flag reference names, and you're done. Currently I believe we only have setups for certain factions though so if you want to do one with a different faction it MIGHT require a bit mor work (e.g. Brits don't have a weapon set/class set to work with them yet). If there's time we'll try and get a quick guide to point you to the files that need altering somewhere down the line, but anyone familiar with mission editing should be more than capable of converting them.

Last question, just an opinion i suppose, but was there any reason why you guys didn't use authentic sounds for the infantry weapons?

Any new sounds were sourced from footage and samples of the actual weapons being fired and all taken from a vasty superior source to previous versions of the game so I'll have to put this down to personal opinion.

Glad everyone enjoyed Battlegrounds, hopefully we'll get a chance to add some more features and expand the gameplay options further in future, there's a number of things we'd still like to incorporate to make it a more exciting engaging and active gameplay mode.

I44 mission with Battlezone is coming ...... just dedi testing now :) Once Zonekiller has completed last bits of tweaking it will be available on all the maps that I have ported so far.

Frizy and Fasut have made Battlegrounds so that it is SUPER easy to covert them to other maps, its pretty much a matter of copy and pasting everything to the new map you'd like, changing the flag reference names, and you're done. Currently I believe we only have setups for certain factions though so if you want to do one with a different faction it MIGHT require a bit mor work (e.g. Brits don't have a weapon set/class set to work with them yet). If there's time we'll try and get a quick guide to point you to the files that need altering somewhere down the line, but anyone familiar with mission editing should be more than capable of converting them.

Ausome! I convert missions all the time, but atm i got to figure out what the issue is why the missions aren't showing up on my server as in when you get on them.

Any new sounds were sourced from footage and samples of the actual weapons being fired and all taken from a vasty superior source to previous versions of the game so I'll have to put this down to personal opinion.

Ok, np, what source did you guys use btw as in footage or what not?

I have WW1 and WW2 history website that has 100+ documentaries of mostly German WW2 footage, as well as american, and british, full movies, and other stuff too, maybe that can help for future updates:

http://3rdpanzergrenadierdivision.webs.com/apps/videos/channels/show/1576112-ww2-videos

website ahsn't been updated since last year, I will be updating it when i get my latest mod updated and released.

Ok, np, what source did you guys use btw as in footage or what not?

I have WW1 and WW2 history website that has 100+ documentaries of mostly German WW2 footage, as well as american, and british, full movies, and other stuff too, maybe that can help for future updates

Most sources are from high quality youtube sources for weapons, while vehicles in some cases were recorded directly from real sources where possible. I would't trust too many of the original documentaries to have 100% authentic sound effects most at the time were dubbed over later which is often why the stuka dive siren is used for any type of plane footage ;) We'll definitely take a look over the website though, always nice to have new stuff to watch!

Hey PacUK,

you guys remember when i posted a ton of screenshots on the I44 thread 1.0 for Arma1:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?73347-Invasion-1944-D-Day-v1-0-released/page7 and continues to the next few pages.

I was thinking of doing that again for everything for the current version, and dividing the pics into categories, like units, weapons, vehicles, tanks, planes ect,. basically everything,

i was thinking since theres alot more content in your current version that either I set it up on my website-->http://warmod.webs.com/

or somewhere else that would support you guys, I'm thinking with the pics you guys could have a pic related archive with the class names tagged along each pic,

that way they would not only be pretty but useful.

Your thoughts.

ps. I forgot to ask and as well as test it but can the commander of the German tanks use binocs? If not, are you guys going to implement them?

I was flying around and dog fighting with the Allied axis aircraft last night and my friend and I noticed that the P-51 Out does them all Bar none. Now I know you guys didn't do the aircraft as you have stated pac and are working on updating i guess gnat is.

but I thought I would ask will you guys be implementing G effects into these? Also i might add that I saw a post where someone was saying the P-51 should be fixed ,I disagree I think the p-51 for the most part is right and that the others should be brought up to par a bit more with it,as it out turns every fighter in I44. Also my friend and I got a laugh out of the Me 262 because it leaves a black sky writer sort of contrail so much that we cant tell if we got a hit or if it the burners. Lst but not least the Radars should go. the B-17 doesn't have them the Me262s do and other fighters like the P-51 do but we didnt have radars in the fighters back then. So those are my compliments complaints and suggestions for when gnat or whoever does maintenance on the Air configs. Thanks again for a great mod I44 team. PS gnat... Fw190?? lol

Edited by Eaglezero6205

*wall of text* again Eagle .........

P-51 is not balanced with other (CSJ) fighters and will need some adjusting otherwise the usual will happen in MP gaming .....

G-effects? No I don't think so.

Me262, yes, few tweaks needed.

Fw190, we'll see.

Gnat;2135037']*wall of text* again Eagle .........

P-51 is not balanced with other (CSJ) fighters and will need some adjusting otherwise the usual will happen in MP gaming .....

G-effects? No I don't think so.

Me262' date=' yes, few tweaks needed.

Fw190, we'll see.[/quote']

lol thx Gnat

but I thought I would ask will you guys be implementing G effects into these?

Please just NO! One of the reasons I don't ACE2 because of the stupid G-force effects. Yes I just love to have my view restricted and turn red when I'm dogfighting.

Kremator,

you know you can remove that file in ACE2 if you dont like it, I did and I play without it, for ACE2 (sorry off topic wrong thread not like me)

just remove the ace_sys_g_effects , back on topic, if I44 team would implement it, surely it would be a separate

pbo that isn't dependent on any other files (maybe).

Most mods are not set in stone, best way to find out is to remove a file that has a feature you may not like and then try the game,

if the game dont crash or spit up an error then your good to go.

Love the mod and especially the armor penetration module. It adds so much more realism to gameplay.

Have you thought of making it customizable to give the mission maker the ability to add other vehicles with simple config changes or via the init for vehicles in the editor?

I would love to have the T-34 by BIS in game have the same penetration and destruct effects as the other tanks in your mod.

Probably not possible but it could make playing modern scenarios more fun also if ace isn't a consideration.

Thanks for all your hard work

Edited by rowdied
spelling

Bug: Sometimes when running over or even merely touching "ruins gravel" in Chef-DuPont is fatal.

I was thinking of doing that again for everything for the current version, and dividing the pics into categories, like units, weapons, vehicles, tanks, planes ect,. basically everything,

i was thinking since theres alot more content in your current version that either I set it up on my website-->http://warmod.webs.com/

or somewhere else that would support you guys, I'm thinking with the pics you guys could have a pic related archive with the class names tagged along each pic,

that way they would not only be pretty but useful.

We have considered a visual library combined with a class list, but the sheer scale of work that would entail would basically require one person on the team to stop work on the mod completely to do it, so if its something you'd like to work on, I'm sure we could figure out a way to either incorporate it into our website or at least link to yours if you choose to do it.

I forgot to ask and as well as test it but can the commander of the German tanks use binocs? If not, are you guys going to implement them?

I think most if not all tank commanders when turned out should have a binocular view, accessed by pressing your Iron Sights button (0 on numpad by default I think).

...I noticed that the P-51 Out does them all Bar none...

As Gnat said this is something we've been over soooo many times, 2.7 is the aircraft overhaul with all planes being converted to Gnat's new system. We're aware of the other issues e.g. radar and they will be adjusted with that version.

Love the mod and especially the armor penetration module. It adds so much more realism to gameplay.

Have you thought of making it customizable to give the mission maker the ability to add other vehicles with simple config changes or via the init for vehicles in the editor?

I believe the module still uses base settings of units config's as the T34 isn't configured by us its doubtful it would really balance correctly. As the system is still in development a number of changes/additions may still take place but only time will tell.

Bug: Sometimes when running over or even merely touching "ruins gravel" in Chef-DuPont is fatal.

Report it on Dev-Heaven with screenshots of the object in question as I'm not sure what of the many objects you're referring too, either one of our custom objects or a standard BI object.

We have considered a visual library combined with a class list, but the sheer scale of work that would entail would basically require one person on the team to stop work on the mod completely to do it, so if its something you'd like to work on, I'm sure we could figure out a way to either incorporate it into our website or at least link to yours if you choose to do it.

Hi PacUK,

thanks for your reply, probably be best to post on your website for the sake of your mod, but I think what i would do is take screenshots ingame, and then compile a link list of all the pics,a dn then send or post it, and then you guys could add the class names from there.

Atm i cannot do the project as Im busy with my mod, so I doubt its any rush for you guys but possibly something in the near future you would maybe like to do.

I think most if not all tank commanders when turned out should have a binocular view, accessed by pressing your Iron Sights button (0 on numpad by default I think).

Oh Ok, makes sense, I will test it out when i get the chance, thanks.

I had reported earlier about my issue with the C&H Battlefield mission where I get on the mission on my server, pic my role, the mission starts,

but Im stuck on a black screen with the word battlefield in the center, after a few min (takes forever) Im finally ingame, but theres no menu or anything unlike when i host the mission.

The Ai is there as well as all the equip and vehicles, but they don't move, if i respawn then they all dissapeer, and i come back same spot and basically in an empty field.

Nothing wrong with the server as Jedra joined my server played the same mission and said its fine, so Im at a loss as what it could be,

and only the C&H Battlefield missions do it on my server, all the other MP missions work perfectly.

Also the briefings dont show for the 5 C&H Missions, nor for my custom ones I built and have on the server,

yet when Jedra joined my server I had him try one of my small coop, custom ones and the briefigns work np.

When i host on my end all missions work np.

Any ideas of what that could be, its got jedra stumped too, and we tried all sorts of stuff.

-i have the latest CBA both client and server (8.3,178)

-latest patch 1.60, tried with and without beta, makes no difference

-deleted mpmission cache, dont do nothing

-took out my arma2 profiles, didn't do anything

-reinstalled Arma 2, and Oa, repatched, even deleted registry keys, still same issue, re uploaded a fresh mission, still same problem.

-Im just running @CBA;@I44

-game runs fine, no crashes, no freezes

Im at a loss of what it could be, any ideas?

Report it on Dev-Heaven with screenshots of the object in question as I'm not sure what of the many objects you're referring too, either one of our custom objects or a standard BI object.

Done.

thanks for your reply, probably be best to post on your website for the sake of your mod, but I think what i would do is take screenshots ingame, and then compile a link list of all the pics,a dn then send or post it, and then you guys could add the class names from there.

This really is still to huge of a job for any team member to really undertake, getting the current class list working just as a plain list took a while to sort out and we're still looking to making a better list. If someone from the community has time to do it we could host it, but really do not have the time to produce by hand ourselves at this stage. If we were to do it ourselves it would be basically stopping production on the mod, to produce a wiki for it.

Im at a loss of what it could be, any ideas?

At a guess a corrupted download of the mod could be possible, as we've had no one else report the same issue with Battlegrounds and every server I've tried it on has worked without issue I'm pretty confident its an issue on your end sonewhere, most likely with your dedicated server setup parameters. Perhaps trying to get a hold of another host's server.cfg etc and try using that.

Alright just forget then.Wasn't important

But one thing How do you add an I44 Parachute to a unit that doesn't have one by Default? Im working on my bomber mission and Group eject.sqf only gives 3 people chutes oddly.

Edited by Eaglezero6205

@Eaglezero6205,

Not to pick on you but trying to read your posts are hard and makes one not want to read it as it feels like work,

please use proper English paragraph etiquette when posting, space after 2-3 sentences.

The enter key is your friend.

This really is still to huge of a job for any team member to really undertake, getting the current class list working just as a plain list took

a while to sort out and we're still looking to making a better list. If someone from the community has time to do it we could host it,

but really do not have the time to produce by hand ourselves at this stage.

If we were to do it ourselves it would be basically stopping production on the mod, to produce a wiki for it.

PAC I'll do it for you guys, but I got to finish and release my mod, its been dragging on for me for the past 4+months, once Im done,

I will get on it, plus It be cool to see everything.

Its very understandable, best keep on the mod, mod is priority.