Page 51 of 194 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101151 ... LastLast

Thread: Invasion 1944 v2.6 (CO)

Quote Originally Posted by Orcinus View Post
    MAPEU is part of the standard DAC v3c download. In any event Lester told me some time ago he would have no problem with me including the pbo in a package as long as it's unaltered (or did you mean there's conflict between i44 & MAPEU classnames?).

As for grasscutters - that hadn't occurred to me, LOL Duh! OTOH B-17s & even B-29s as well as Lancasters, Halifaxes, & many types of smaller aircraft flew from grass airfields such as Rougham. BTW, there's a brief but very interesting account of one B-17 airman's experiences in WWII Europe (including taking part in the 2 key raids that destroyed the Nazi's attempts to build an A-bomb) here:

http://aafo.com/library/history/B-17/thisisit.htm

Dunno if there's a model that might pass for the metal mesh used to support the planes especially in wet weather.

BR
    Well I haven't messed with the DAC in a while so that explains that. Your talking maybe a year I had some issues with lag from it so I kinda just leave it alone. The grass Airfields though Something you may not or may already know,these Aircraft in I44 don't like the Grass they bump and bounce constantly and are very hard to keep on a fixed heading for take off , that's why I choose to pave the runway on my Airstrips. And the grass even though I put down cutters what parts of the runways are off the actual map area ,are covered with grass even though I put down cutters. NOt sure why.. Its like the cutters have no effect on the Outskirts of the map. but the Airfield itself sits in the best spot I could find on Merderet River. I tried many other spots but this one just suited me best.

Only may 25 meters of runway is grass and the rest of the airfield is flat and paved. As for the B-17 Metal there's a silver p-47 and green P-47 so its gotta be possible to get the Silver. In FS2004 we had Repaints and that was fairly easy. I don't know how they do it in Arma2 though. The B-29s I believe were the Pacific theater so I'm not sure I44 is the place but you may see one in the "Hell in the Pacific mod" coming out soon. The Lancaster ah what a great plane...If you get the Lancaster then you have to build a dam and a think you know where I'm going with that one hehe.

I thought I might make mention after looking at THIS IS IT page you sent that this may make good reading for you as well http://www.homeofheroes.com/wings/part2/09_ploesti.html Its a page dedicated to Operation Tidal Wave ,The Ploesti Raid. I read it years ago because of my love for the B-24D but if you like vintage and read the Stories you'll love it as well ,not quite as long as "This is it" though. You know Im surprised Ive never heard of "This is It".

Also YouRek it would be great to see the Horsa Gliders considering they were a huge part of the UK Involvement in D-DAY right along side the C-130sI believe they took off from Lincolnshire Airfield. Bunches of them crash landed though and alot struck power poles.
    Last edited by Eaglezero6205; Apr 12 2012 at 23:08.

Question for the I44 team and anyone that plays or has played the I44_C&H_Battleground Mp missions.

I recently tried the missions (hosted them on my own computer) and fell in love with them, made me feel like I was playing old Red Orchestra but better.
    Missions play fine when I host them but when i put them on my gameserver (NFO), the mission starts and im sitting in a field with nothing, I mean nothing, no tanks, no AI, just me and the green grass, its like i created a new mission without a mission, like I just put down a soldier and theres the mission. WTF?

Has anyone tried these missions on a dedicated server, or uploaded them to your own public servers?, and do you get the same issue, or am i the only one.
    Im pondering it might be the 1.60 patch as since I update my server to 1.60 none of my briefings show now when before i had no isssues.

Anyone?
    A3WarMod for Arma3 (WIP) | IFWarMod for Iron Front Conversion | COSLX for Arma2CO | COWarMod for Arma2CO
    COWarModACE for Ace2 Mod | COWarModI44 for I44 Mod | A2WarMod for Arma2 | A2WarModACE for Arma2 Ace mod | WarMod for Arma1
    Mission Repository Hosting Missions & Files for Iron Front: Liberation 1944 | WarMod Series Website

As far as I'm aware there aren't any issues with the Battleground missions I think I had the chance to try them all out on a dedicated server without issue. I would guess you have an installation/loading problem with the mod on your server.

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglezero6205 View Post
    Well I haven't messed with the DAC in a while so that explains that. Your talking maybe a year I had some issues with lag from it so I kinda just leave it alone. The grass Airfields though Something you may not or may already know,these Aircraft in I44 don't like the Grass they bump and bounce constantly and are very hard to keep on a fixed heading for take off , that's why I choose to pave the runway on my Airstrips. And the grass even though I put down cutters what parts of the runways are off the actual map area ,are covered with grass even though I put down cutters. NOt sure why.. Its like the cutters have no effect on the Outskirts of the map. but the Airfield itself sits in the best spot I could find on Merderet River. I tried many other spots but this one just suited me best.
    Oh.. I wouldn't have noticed as I fly like a submarine. I'll see if the AI has the same issues; if not it's still worth having a go. P-51 lovers might like to fly missions mimicking the useful work the P-51s did (IIRC mentioned in the link I posted) of flying ahead of the bomber formations & trying to catch the Jerry fighters before they could get airborne.

Thanks for the link, I'll take a look at the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by PacUK View Post
    As far as I'm aware there aren't any issues with the Battleground missions I think I had the chance to try them all out on a dedicated server without issue. I would guess you have an installation/loading problem with the mod on your server.
    I also rotated them on my server for a few weeks and did not have any issues.

I agree with Gunter on one thing though - they did remind me of the old RO and they were also much more fun than the latest RO offering too! I can't say it enough really, but you boys really done good this time!
    Jedra's Addons
    Arma 2 : Enhanced Skills Slider
    Take On Helicopters : Take On Taxi | Jedra's Time Trials | Weapon Indicators | No Radar

I would guess you have an installation/loading problem with the mod on your server.
    Thanks for the replies Pac and jedra, Ya thats very possible but what is weird is I've done the same thing since we had the server, now 2 years, and never had issues with loading mods.
    I mean all i did to put I44 on the server was transfer what I had from my computer to the FTP, and then run the command line with the @CBA;@I44 in it, I dont see how anything cannot load.

All the other missions I have on the server play fine, except for the ones I built, as before my briefings worked, but now they dont show up,
    and now just those battlefield missions dont show, all the other mpmissions for I44 show np.

I agree with Gunter on one thing though - they did remind me of the old RO and they were also much more fun than the latest RO offering too!
    Ya! I played RO since the beginning, and this was like playing an Arma2CO version of RO, except instead of stupid bots,
    you actually are going againsted somewhat intelligent AI if thats correct to say >D

Is it possible you guys can make more of those missions, or can I use anyone one of those missions and just copy and paste and then make adjustments accordingly?

Last question, just an opinion i suppose, but was there any reason why you guys didn't use authentic sounds for the infantry weapons?
    I mean you guys seemed to have the sounds like right on in the 2.5 version, even in the Arma1 version they seemed pretty good, sounds sound rather off,
    is the DAC sounds file the cause of that or reason, or are the sounds made that way, I just feel out of sinc with the game when i know what the
    real sounds are then I go and shoot and the sound is something else.

We have run the Battleground missions on our dedi with no issues (Bulge and Merderet for sure.. probably others as well).... and I agree they are a ton of fun. In fact those missions have brought in a few new Arma players to our group as it seems to be similar gameplay to RO, FH2, etc. Hopefully we'll see more of these done in future releases.

Is it possible you guys can make more of those missions, or can I use anyone one of those missions and just copy and paste and then make adjustments accordingly?
    Frizy and Fasut have made Battlegrounds so that it is SUPER easy to covert them to other maps, its pretty much a matter of copy and pasting everything to the new map you'd like, changing the flag reference names, and you're done. Currently I believe we only have setups for certain factions though so if you want to do one with a different faction it MIGHT require a bit mor work (e.g. Brits don't have a weapon set/class set to work with them yet). If there's time we'll try and get a quick guide to point you to the files that need altering somewhere down the line, but anyone familiar with mission editing should be more than capable of converting them.

Last question, just an opinion i suppose, but was there any reason why you guys didn't use authentic sounds for the infantry weapons?
    Any new sounds were sourced from footage and samples of the actual weapons being fired and all taken from a vasty superior source to previous versions of the game so I'll have to put this down to personal opinion.

Glad everyone enjoyed Battlegrounds, hopefully we'll get a chance to add some more features and expand the gameplay options further in future, there's a number of things we'd still like to incorporate to make it a more exciting engaging and active gameplay mode.

I44 mission with Battlezone is coming ...... just dedi testing now Once Zonekiller has completed last bits of tweaking it will be available on all the maps that I have ported so far.

Frizy and Fasut have made Battlegrounds so that it is SUPER easy to covert them to other maps, its pretty much a matter of copy and pasting everything to the new map you'd like, changing the flag reference names, and you're done. Currently I believe we only have setups for certain factions though so if you want to do one with a different faction it MIGHT require a bit mor work (e.g. Brits don't have a weapon set/class set to work with them yet). If there's time we'll try and get a quick guide to point you to the files that need altering somewhere down the line, but anyone familiar with mission editing should be more than capable of converting them.
    Ausome! I convert missions all the time, but atm i got to figure out what the issue is why the missions aren't showing up on my server as in when you get on them.

Any new sounds were sourced from footage and samples of the actual weapons being fired and all taken from a vasty superior source to previous versions of the game so I'll have to put this down to personal opinion.
    Ok, np, what source did you guys use btw as in footage or what not?
    I have WW1 and WW2 history website that has 100+ documentaries of mostly German WW2 footage, as well as american, and british, full movies, and other stuff too, maybe that can help for future updates:
    http://3rdpanzergrenadierdivision.we...112-ww2-videos
    website ahsn't been updated since last year, I will be updating it when i get my latest mod updated and released.

Page 51 of 194 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101151 ... LastLast