Sign in to follow this  
rubberkite

Rubber Wargame Warfare (CTI-PvP)

After a long period of testing, the mission is polished and ready to be shared.

Main differencies compared to standards warfare:

• Less arcade
  • More Dynamic gameplay
  • Need lot more teamplay
  • Need lot more strategy
  • Less dispersive fight
  • More intense PvP battle
  • Can end in a reasonable time or timer can be set by parameters
  • Based on more real economy
  • Lot more Balanced SIDE
  • Improved AI (they fight inside and on roof of building, use smokes grenades, place mines, and lot more UPSMON 5.09)
  • Updated and Tweaked/Tailored Mando Script suite 2.4b102

current version: v 1.9 - 05 march 2012

download link: http://www.mediafire.com/?5mtao19hh4c43yn

Armaholic mirror:

- Rubber Wargame Warfare (CTI-PvP) v1.9

changelog:

v. 1.9 “final testâ€

- End of game GUI Improvement ( stats )

- HUD injury and vehicle crew ( will be improved )

- US army uniform for all bluefor player slot

- ZSU ins(Shilka) added to redfor HF

- 011 TnT loading screen tribute

- Mission adjustable length timer parameter.

- Mando: Apache monocle small tweak for more visibility removed brown blur circle

- Apache price raised

- T90 price raised

- Metis - Tow - Spg9 pod price raised

- BRDM ATG price raised

- Some Assembly bag for powerful pod price raised

- added Param: End of game condition Time Out

- Param: 30 min empty vehicle timer instead of 20 min

v 1.8 “pre final testâ€

- Param: VD 4000

- Param: Dead timer 30 sec

- Param: Reinforcement param fixed off

- Param: Town occupation set to medium instead of high

- Param: Keep AI unit if disconnected ( TEST )

( works but you lost the marker with numbers because they are created when unit is builded )

- Town config tweak Less Vehicle more infantry in large towns

- Jilavur and Mulladost now are linked neighbour

- MEDIC 720 sec delay for deploy medic tent ( instead of 900 )

- SABOTEUR 15 sec delay for lockpic action ( instead of 25 )

- Paradrop Repair truck 60.000$ instead of Ambulance

( so team that loose all factory and mhq can have a chance to fight again instead of just waiting the end of game)

- Mando: score points tweaked improved ( to lower chance of strange score table )

- Mando: TV Missiles launch position lowered to avoid self destruction on missile shot. I reccomend at least speed 350 and orizzontal flight, missile tend to raise its altitude to engage target so if you’re with nose down and with low speed/altitude when you shot from TV camera you have a big chance of self hit, positive pitch and speed over 400 is more safe. I’ve mod the launch position of TV missiles but it’s not enought to avoid slow speed, negative pitch missile launch self impact... so be careful plane are expensive!

If you're new to mando please watch those

really good Mando Missile tutorial by Qazdar: youtube link

This mission is based on BE 207x used like a framework to create a very customized version that enhance teamplay and pvp fight.

I've reach this goal testing different parameter combination until I've found a good compromise.

I've disabled AI squad, Commander, in order to have a smoother gameplay with less server load, player can control AI using client resources instead of overload the server.

Best way to enjoy this mission is to play with a good group of friends ( allied / opponents ) and use a good strategy!

special invite:

All player that like to play organized with teamplay are welcome on European BOB server.

host filter: bob

were a new Rubber Warfare starts every day at 21.30 UTC+1

Mission briefing and description ( included also in mission note on game map )

1 - Mission Goals:

Main goal of this mission is to allow good team to pratice different strategies and massive team play, in order to give a big advantage to well organized team, lot of “Arcade†feature of standard Warfare are removed. Playing this mission cooperating with friends and with good strategy will be really rewarding. Also if the map is big with the tweaked mission rules you will fight really intense pvp battle!

All default Mission parameters are studied according to the mission goal read them to know all mission settings.

2 - Mission Rules:

[] No upgrade tree ( all upgrade set to max )

Instead of base the strategy with arcade style upgrades, I’ve tweaked the mission to base on territorial conquest and economy.

[] Mission Economy and vehicle price tweaked and increased

Economy and Territory are the CORE of this mission, vehicle prices are well balanced, after a lot of attempt Red and Blue are now well balanced.

During the mission progress you will be able to use more advanced and expensive vehicles, Play as team and get the town capture reward!

[] Airport Hangars ( Planes can only be buyed there )

Airplanes are not 4x4 jeep so you will need a runway to takeoff

[] no camps for unlimited rearm and respawn:

Medic can deploy mobile respawn tent (multiple without autodelete) so respawn will be dinamyc and destructable this increase teamplay and global gameplay compared to static camp, that often are campered and allow to rearm in real unreal way... game offer more real, work around to have AT-ammo without just run with a vehicle close to a camp capture to have unlimited weapons/ammo and respawn. you have to play closed with other player ( medic and other classes ) and use support vehicles, backpack and all features that can help your side to advance in this hostile territory.

[] restricted gear

Is not possible to equip heavy sniper rifle / mg with AT weapons, as in real life you can’t carry so much

Medic will have less gear space due to medikit.

[] Territorial conquest

To capture towns you need a “territorial link†here it’s really important to play with a good team strategy

On mission startup the closest town to MHQ can be captured, then you need a “road clear†link to other town

you will see capturable town in the map with an orange circle marker, plan your advance in territory and try to move your frontline as

deep as you can..

3 - Players Skills

1 Commander ( only 1 for side (slot 1-1-A)) * Commander +20 group Size + Advanced Repair

2 Medic * Mibile Respawn Tent 60 sec to undeploy 900sec to deploy new one without remove last deployed

3 Team Leader ( Rus Officers ) * Team Leader +10 group Size

4 Engineer ( Rus Team Leader MVD) * Engineer + Advanced Repair

5 Engineer (RUS Team Leader MVD) * Engineer + Advanced Repair

6 Saboteur / Demolitor * Saboteur + lock pick (resistance and occupation vehicle are locked .. )

7 Sniper * Sniper/Marksman + Spot (will not included in Tournament edition )

8 Marks Man * Sniper/Marksman + Spot (will not included in Tournament edition )

4 - Vehicles Skills

- Mobile HeadQuarter (MHQ)

Commander can build base structures and defense with deployed HQ.

warning: There are enemy patrol AI around and enemy player will try to destroy your MHQ so use the brain whe you move MHQ and protect the BASE with AI and defenses, ( same for factory )

- Repair Truck - Support :

MHQ repairing ( 7000 supply + 7000$ )

Rearming - Support Menu - Repairing - Refueling

Build Static defences and Fortification (construction interface)

- Salvage Truck:

Wreck salvaging (35% of savaged unit price back)

- Supply Truck

You will need supply truck to raise town SV value ( with param supply instead of time )

- Ambulance :

All ambulance vehicles (heli ambulance included) works as mobile respawn with 500m range

5 - Other Mission Features

[] Mando Missiles script suite incluede in mission (customized)

Mando missile 10.2 suite allow a fantastic warfare with advanced script for each guided missile

there are good tutorial and complete readme to learn how to get the best from mando systems on bis forum thread.

MMA Rearming system used instead of EASA - MMA rearm avaiable next to: Airfactory, Supply Point, Ammo truck.

[] Other features

- all mission parameters tweaked according to mission goal

- improved AI with UPSMON v5.09 ( ai will fight also inside and on roof of buildings, mines, flanking, smoke grenades and more )

- resistance patrols around resistance towns

- base area and building number limited ( instead of search and destroy ) plan your base location and protect them

- TNT special victory condition and town layout ( in order to win you need to conquest half map town + 2 ) 10 on 16 town layout

- Special Advance And Secure Warfare Layout ( Band Of Brothers IDEA )

- Special Berserk massive fight Warfare Layout

- Respawn and rearm allowed in city owned depot but in case of enemy near you respawn will not work

- Respawn in owned town allowed in case of MHQ and all structures lost

- Custom mission HUD with money supply and n. of town held

- Custom GPS overlay

- Custom GUI for end of game stats

- Custom MAP team marker

- Removed HE ammo from AA12 RPG MAVS SMAW

- Removed Paratroopers

- Ambulance paradrop instead of vehicle and low timer for para support

- No artillery with GUI but allow artillery computer and artillery with arma AI

- Tweaked town resistance and occupation groups

6 - Tips

- Start the mission with a strategy and organize your group, don’t go alone! found a medic for respawn tent, or use ambulance carefully.

- Try to capture the town in group so you will earn mission reward togheter and you can share money to recuit AI or buy vehicles.

- Defend the base and move mhq in a smart and protected way

- Don’t let enemy control the sky!

- Try to extend your territory and fight hard in town vs other players

- Use all ArmA features to improve your fight

- Play if possible on teamspeak

- Savage vehicles wreck to earn money

- Have fun!

7 - Special Thanks

Big Thanks to everyone who helped me in mission test and development:

Benny and all Benny Edition crew

Mandoble

=BoB= ( Band of Brothers ) Team

Jolly Team

Included in mission there are different "Game mode":

you can try with different starting founds / supply

Parameter TOWN AMOUNT:

default (TNT 16) ( for every day battle )

n. of Towns 16 ( with this number and geographic placement of town we have a nice fight every evening )

large / full ( for long battles )

n. of Towns 25 / 33

AAS Warfare BOB Edition

n. of Towns 8 ( works like an AAS but with all warfare goodies )

Berserk Tribute

n. of Towns 4 ( great PVP battle )

CUSTOM VICTORY CONDITION: TNT TOWNS ( hold half map town + 2 )

this is to allow massive fight and have some chances that mission will end in a reasonable time.

Tournament Edition 012

I've think about tournament organization in order to give motivation to myself and my team mates, when you have a goal you can start your training... I hope that this works also for other ArmA groups, ArmA World offer a lot of game mode and contents and the community is a lot fragmentated.

Whit a fixed match every week you've a fixed day to play against good opponents and see your individual and team progress.

Tournament post for info and requests:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?131667-Warfare-Tournament-012-Edition-10

Edited by Rubberkite
Update for 1.9 Release

Nice,i will give it a try later,but why ?

- Removed HE ammo from AA12 RPG MAVS SMAW

Youre welcome, I will appreciate if you will join one of our furter game :)

I've removed HE ammo for infantry due to several reasons:

some time people abuse vs AI and vs other players,

killing AI with HE rounds is often without challenge

HE round are already included and full used/abused in land and air vehicles with gunners...

and final reason all tweak of the mission are made according to main goal to reward skills and teamplay, firefights without abuse of HE round are more immersive, you have to aim fast and move smart.. )

It's really hard to describe the feeling of the mission, writing down the features... because you've to see the overall effect on gameplay :cool:

An interesting mission, pleased with indicators of health and money, a good thing!: Ура: Will the versions for other cards?

An interesting mission, pleased with indicators of health and money, a good thing!: Ура: Will the versions for other cards?

thank you haki,

I guess that you mean different arma world :)

Yes I will port this version also to Saharani and Podagorks and maybe more

I also plan to release a full Addon Version with carriers and great planes and army :)

Yes, i have to admit that HE rounds are sometimes a cheap solution ... i was just thinking about the situation where you're playing for opfor ,which doesn't have good sniper rifles, and being sniped by a M107 user without any mean to reply ... HE is useful in this case :D

Yes, i have to admit that HE rounds are sometimes a cheap solution ... i was just thinking about the situation where you're playing for opfor ,which doesn't have good sniper rifles, and being sniped by a M107 user without any mean to reply ... HE is useful in this case :D

:D

If you check the equipment of REDFOR you will find a M107 :)

When I've sayd that this mission is well balanced ;)

There is an hard work with a lot of changes during battle I played RED & BLUE and I like to play RED and BLUE side are cross balanced I mean balanced with different opportunities for both side.

For example (for control of the sky )

16 Hellfire 2 Sidewinder - Longbow loadout for AH64 Apache

RAPIER / TOR M1

MMA Rearm with SEAD

Tunguska with SAM radar

Su34 launching position for Ch29 lowered to avoid self destruction ;)

trust me there is a lot of work under that release, worth a try!

21.30 UTC+1 BoB server ;)

New version 1.9 is out ( download link and changelog on 1st post )

I hope you will enjoy!

If you find some price that doesn't make sense please report,

I've checked all core file for prices but I can miss something, so please report and I will change/fix

I hope that a bigger amount of people will test and play this mission, and give me some feedback to improve and or fix stuff

in order to have a very good mission ready for tournament and events.

have fun

Rubber

Hey, Rubberkite,

I just tried the 1.9 v, but it's very stuttering. At the beginning,the fps is 60, but after a while, when starting the first fight in the town, the fps dropped to 20+, then even 10+. Finally I have to quit the game. And it took quite a while to quit. And even the worst thing is the physical memory still was occupied highly. And I cann't find what program occupied 1.3G physical memory. You just cann't see it in the windows task manager. So finally I have to reboot my computer. So I guess there might be some scripts blocking things.

My cpu is 2500K@4.5Ghz, and the original Warfare benny runs smooth in my computer.

Hey, Rubberkite,

I just tried the 1.9 v, but it's very stuttering. At the beginning,the fps is 60, but after a while, when starting the first fight in the town, the fps dropped to 20+, then even 10+. Finally I have to quit the game. And it took quite a while to quit. And even the worst thing is the physical memory still was occupied highly. And I cann't find what program occupied 1.3G physical memory. You just cann't see it in the windows task manager. So finally I have to reboot my computer. So I guess there might be some scripts blocking things.

My cpu is 2500K@4.5Ghz, and the original Warfare benny runs smooth in my computer.

Hi Lao greetings from Italy,

about my edition, fsm scripts related to performace "was" ( Exactly ) the same as original Warfare BE 2071.

the 1.9 is really old, also Benny updated the 2071 with a small hotfix during this period,

I suggest u to run the new build 006: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?133358-WARFARE-BE2-*Rubber-Ed*

About performance:

If u play with AI squads and lot of money on your PC that run as client and server for mission, you will notice a consistend fps drop, due to the CPU bottleneck.. if u try the mission in a dedicated server all AI on map except your squad, are controlled by server and it take the load and client will use less resources.

I wrote "was" on 1.9 because I modded a bit in newest releases.

About build 006 ( 007 is upcoming :) )

compared to default BE there is a difference on occupation an resistance town: on my edition the created team are less random, because we usually play, team vs team (a bit more organized than random players) this means that if our opponents can take a 120SV town with less ai than our 80SV they will have a consistant advantage. For this reason there will be more AI on the map compared to same occupation/resistance param on BE.

I have 2500k like your great CPU mine is rock solid @4.7 with a big noctua cooler ;)

I play almost always this mission, and performance are good like the standard BE ( this thanks to Benny not to me )

lot of money and AI squad can cause problem, this is the same as BE.

please use the new post after u check the mission, I hope u will not notice the same problem

cheers

Rubber

Rubber, thanks for your detailed explaination, I'm gonna give it a shot according to your way. Thanks again.