Sign in to follow this  
vilas

strange problem with Bulldozer, when i zoom, than object is... cut away

sometimes it happens when i zoom to make screen:

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg822/scaled.php?server=822&filename=rpgdezametpgo.jpg&res=medium

i have no idea why it happens, it happens since last tools version

restarting not helps, changing model properties not helps, anyone had it ?

when i zoom out - all is okey, when i want to see detail, it happens

maybe something wrong in model ? it happens for me for example with backpack (BIS Arma1 backpack ), i wanted make Backpack - there is problem in Bulldozer, when backpack is on soldier, all is okay

similar problems i have on some of my RPG (i used Arma1 RPG7 + i made PGO7 scope for it)

it happens on some other models too

cannot say why , i had no problem in previous version of tools (not last one 2.51)

what's more funny, when i scale object - for example scale 2.0 - there in no problem in 50% or on some model still problem

when i copy-paste mesh to new P3d, still problem remains

in game models work okay, problem is only in last Bulldozer

i happens like there was "virtual alpha channel wall"

Edited by vilas

this happens to me too (problem is only in buldozer , when you put this ingame it is ok , no bugs) - i fixing that with adding some random proxy and it is fixed :D

Like RH said, the problem is only bulldozer.

I usually scale the model up 10 times, just for viewing in bulldozer, which will solve it.

that is because of the cutting plane for the camera that seems to be farther away that it used to. That said, there is no way to control its distance afaik

As Pufu said, it has to do with the near clipping plane for the camera. You can control what is cut away by balancing the distance of the camera from the object with the zoom level. There appears to be a sweet spot.