Page 34 of 116 FirstFirst ... 243031323334353637384484 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Developer post in this thread.  

Thread: Arma 3 Community Alpha - Announcement!

Quote Originally Posted by NeMeSiS View Post
    Well, i think in that case they should have proven their worth to the community by having a postcount of at least 4500 and having created zombie related addons/missions.
    Looks like I need to get my postcount up...

Is charon still around? He had quite a few posts...
    My Twitter = Here|I'm "Craig" ingame| http://www.dynamiczombiesandbox.com

Okay guys, this is the way they should determine who gets the alpha

(Post count / (join date - 2000)^2) x (age + BIS games purchased)

If that sums up to over 1000 you can get the alpha free of charge. Otherwise you must pay how ever much you missed 1000 by to get the alpha. Surely that will get good alpha feed back no?

In all seriousness, I think BI should make it prepaid. I would be willing to give up any amount of money to get my hands on the alpha and I'm pretty sure many other people on the forum are the same way. I would pay more than the price of the actual game to get the alpha. This game is driving me insane.

Only Post count reflection in context of who gets to trial an Alpha is those posts made in the Beta Patch Feedback Threads
    so far i see about 45 unique names in those threads so that would make a nice size group of peole who obviously know how to feedback

Maybe add Cit names too ?

( of course this is in Jest but if serious then thats how i would recruit alpha testers).

Quote Originally Posted by Thromp View Post
    Only Post count reflection in context of who gets to trial an Alpha is those posts made in the Beta Patch Feedback Threads
    so far i see about 45 unique names in those threads so that would make a nice size group of peole who obviously know how to feedback

( of course this is in Jest but if serious then thats how i would recruit alpha testers).
    That does sound ok
    Teach the AI how to drive. Teach AI Tank drivers to turn their front towards the enemy. Give us supression effects for AI. Make AI ragdoll if they get hit. Give us proper animations for throwing Frags. Give us a proper wounding system. Fix the armored vests so that they don´t protect the whole torso. Give us inertia influenced movement depending on the Weapon you have. www.Brigade2010.de

That would definitely be better than post count. but that being said, I am sure plenty of people who don't test the patches would still be very willing to report bugs and features to help shape arma 3. I say make it so you must pay for the alpha. that way BIS will get there money no matter what and we will get to test the Alpha no matter what our involvement with the game or forums in the past is. I am sure there are people who never heard of arma until arma 3 and are very willing to provide quality bug reports for A3. we should be welcoming in these new members.

Will there be a playable beta as well? Because you really don't want to restrict your feedback to your most hardcore fans, who are already on board with your approach anyways. But if there's going to be a beta, then feel free to be elitist with the alpha.
    My Chernarussian Civil War SP missions:
    Enfilade Ambush
    Autumn Siege

@maturin yes absolutely!

It was said there will be the "community alpha" following E³. The aim of it is to give Players the possibility to help shape it up and prepare modmakers for the new engine.
    Some time after that there will be a "more extensive" BETA program. Details on that will follow later.
    You can check the information here

Should alpha be completely public and free, I just hope that they don't start listening to the wrong kinds of people, you know the ones that may want it to be more like battlefield or call of duty with streaks and points popping up on screen to make multiplayer more "exciting". Mind you I don't have anything against that style..much..but if I wanted that I'd go play one of those, no reason that every game has to be the same right.

As far as join date goes, you also have to take into consideration the forum change, for example on the old forums my date shows 04 but here it shows 09.

Master Gunnery Sergeant OnlyRazor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NodUnit View Post
    Should alpha be completely public and free, I just hope that they don't start listening to the wrong kinds of people, you know the ones that may want it to be more like battlefield or call of duty with streaks and points popping up on screen to make multiplayer more "exciting".
    Hah, you must think the developers are some sort of super-ass morons. They're not. I think.
    Are they?
    Spoiler:

Also, the alpha's probably going to be more limited than that, since the wider audience get demos anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by W0lle View Post
    But obviously it's very hard for people these days to make use of BRAIN v1.0.

The Alpha is going to be exactly like Carrier Command's Play & Contribute, wait and see.

Page 34 of 116 FirstFirst ... 243031323334353637384484 ... LastLast