Our alpha is intended to be a public build of Arma 3, offering a limited subset of content and features, with the fundamental goal of improving Arma 3's full retail launch.
Since our initial declaration of intent, development has continued apace and we've responded to some quite unexpected circumstances. Right now, our team is focused upon reviewing and executing the tasks identified as being key to the release of our public alpha. We consider it to be our next public milestone.
Here's what we know at the moment, with more details to be announced more formally as soon as we can.
- We want to improve the core stability of the game and test important new technologies on a range of hardware
- We want to enable the community to work on their own mods before launch
- We've delayed its initially planned release, due to a variety of unexpected circumstances
- We want to update our community and partners with the release plan for the Public Alpha as soon as we can
- The alpha will take place on Stratis, a smaller additional island for Arma 3
- It'll offer a quite limited set of content to begin with, offering the potential for more to be released, as we see fit
- The showcase at E3 2012 and additional advancements included in the GC build gives you a good idea of the basic content that we'd hope to package with the initial alpha release
We're still actively working on the details of what will be on offer, when it will be available, and how it will be accessed. It's important for us to be clear and concise about what we're offering. Expect a formal announcement with simple, clear details as soon™ as possible We've not wanted to jump the gun (any more than we have already), and instead are focused upon releasing the most solid and accurate plans as soon as we feel we can.