Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: What languages do you know or want to know.

At last time i learning some Latin phrases. Of course, usually this language learning medicine students ( because their patients must got accustomed to "dead" language ), and i'm not from their "alma mater", but just this very useful for memory training. Besides, it's very useful, when you want to add some pathos

lingua latina non verpa canina est

cause Russian, Polish have a lot of words from German language ,
    Not only. The history of nation have an influence. For example, Russia took his religion from East Roman Empire, was under Mongolian feet 250 ears, that's why lot of russian words was taken from greek (like "krovaty, "vor") and mongolian ("saray","bazar") languages. The long wars and trading with Turkey gived their words too.
    At the all, the russian alphabet - the greek alphabet with addons .
    With Slavic nations one of the most funny story at the world - the common language base, but very hard division by culture and religion, because we live on civilization's boards. And all wanted to build their "common" empire with different degree of activity (with their nation lead, of course). That's why we fighting with Poland third century, but taking the Berlin together

Yes the slavics origins are quite funny. I did some research on this and read some books. It seems that the croatian people have their origin in the region today known as poland. There was a croatian empire until many of the people decided to search for a better place. They found the most beautifull place of earth where croatia is today and formed a Kingdom there. At this time there were two croatian kingdoms, the white croatian kingdom in the polish region and the red kingdom where croatia is today. the white kingdom crumbeld and the people mixed with germans and slavs from the Don region. That explains why the polish and the croatian languages have so much in common. The russian language seem to be based on this old croatian language too but people aren´t sure about that.
    Teach the AI how to drive. Give us supression effects for AI. Make AI ragdoll if they get hit. Give us proper animations for throwing Frags. Give us a proper wounding system. Fix the armored vests so that they don´t protect the whole torso. Give us inertia influenced movement depending on the Weapon you have. Make every weapon have a collision model so that players prefer to clean houses with their pistol instead of their heavy MG. Introduce auto lowering of the weapon if it collides with the wall. www.Brigade2010.de

i wonder if we had such indo-european language thousands years ago, does it mean that Hindu (people of India) are our far far far cousins ?
    i read some time ago article proving that indo-european language gave etymology to both Hindu and European languages

Master Gunnery Sergeant Sudayev's Avatar

This image show the 'heart' of Indo-Euro thing, this isnt exact location. Some say Black Sea region, some say today Iran, nevertheless the cradle is situated somewhere between Black Sea and modern day Iran. By the way the Hindus culture is much older then ours.

Evil man make you kill me - Evil man make me kill you...
    Arma: Cold War Assault - Strong

Master Gunnery Sergeant OnlyRazor's Avatar
    You know, I've been thinking - I've been playing so many games that involve shooting (evil commie) Russkies for so long that I could probably command a tank with the line snippets I learned from Arma.
    On the other hand, three years of German lessons and I still don't understand people. Something wrong with that
    Quote Originally Posted by W0lle View Post
    But obviously it's very hard for people these days to make use of BRAIN v1.0.

I know Portuguese (native), English, Castellano (Spanish) and a bit of French.
    Already had classes in Modern Arabic and German, but can't remember a thing.

I am in the process of learning Suomi, thanks to years of playing FDF and probably most of my e-friends being Finnish. Also, it is quite a challenge as there are very few languages alike.

Fluent in Dutch, German and English and due to the similarities between Germanic languages I can understand some Nordic languages as long as the sentences are simple.
    I can find my way in French and Spanish. And I'm eager to learn Russian and Turkish, so far I can do simple things like counting, greeting and swearing.

"A generation that has taken a beating is always followed by a generation that deals one."
    - Otto von Bismarck

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678