Sign in to follow this  
chitanblue

"Battleye: Unknown Game Version" Please assist!!!

I have the disc version of ARMA so I have to manually patch my game etc. My brother and I have recently patched to 1.60 and we are unable to join online multiplayer games whilst receiving a message "Battleye: Unknown Game Version." I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling solely BE without change. I have also tried multiple "Beta hotfixes" with still the same error. We played the game fine in 1.59 -- it's just when we patched it had we this problem. Thanks!!!

Maybe you accidently got the 1.60 release candidate patch version? This one is out dated and should not be used / allowed on the server anymore. Go to http://www.arma2.com/home_en.html > latest downloads or the "downloads' button on the page and (re)download the hole patch. And if that don’t work please tell us what version number you see in the bottom right of your Arma2 startup screen and what server you are trying to connect to etc..

Maybe you accidently got the 1.60 release candidate patch version? This one is out dated and should not be used / allowed on the server anymore. Go to http://www.arma2.com/home_en.html > latest downloads or the "downloads' button on the page and (re)download the hole patch. And if that don’t work please tell us what version number you see in the bottom right of your Arma2 startup screen and what server you are trying to connect to etc..

I just re-installed been playing ArmA2/OA off an on since release an nvr seen this b4 i'm running ArmA2oA 1.60 an ArmA2 patched to 1.11 an i get same error message. Have no Idea what to do, other than reinstall an or redownload all patches which i really dont want to do with a dsl connection. Any help.

---------- Post added at 12:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:32 AM ----------

Mod pls delete wrong area moving to MP BE section 8)-

you most likely don't have 1.60 final

tell us please EXACT build number (right corner) of the game

I have two friends who are getting this exact same problem. I really wish I knew what to tell them.

read my previous post ... first step, determine what game build they have 1.60.?????

if it's older than 1.60 final then problem is clear, they using obsolete 1.60 Release Candidate

Redowloading an reapplying 1.60 fixed. Dunno maybe saving the file to portable storage somehow corrupted it maybe. Been playing since ArmA 1 German release an never seen that b4.

Hey everyone, Im getting the same error as that guy, the game version I am running is ArmA2 CO 1.60, no mods running, cant figure it out. Please help.

Did you apply 1.60 again?

Did you apply 1.60 again?

..especially after checking that the MD5sum of the downloaded zip file matches exactly the value on the download page. If it doesn't, bin it immediately.