Sign in to follow this  
bboy

[SP-Arma2] Tears Of The Sun

bboy proudly presents...

TEARS OF THE SUN

2946e642c6a2031d5542a9702bfb0025.jpg

Description:

Inspired by the same name movie, i decided to make a single player Arma2 mission at least similar as the movie story is... First of all, i wannet to add a HALO jump in one of my mission. Also I was inspired by the great campaign Operation Red Star and the mission "Reconnaissance", so from there is also an idea... Then, also from Blood Of The Sand campaign and "Pre-Emptive Strike" mission i took some ideas... So, in any case... thanks to them! :) p.s. Sorry if i make mistakes in english... ;)

Story:

Chernarus has fallen into civil war. Radical insurgents do not accept the newly elected democratic government and fight for the return of the dictatorship regime eliminating anyone who is not of the same opinion. Before the war United Nations sent there a lot of workers who were helping the local population. Most were drawn before the start of the conflict but there were those who refused to leave without knowing what will happen. One of them is Dr. Lena Fiore Kendricks. She was captured by the insurgents and taken to unknown place. Our job is to find her and bring home...

You need to lead 3 men team and to paradrop behind enemy lines from 10000 meters using HALO technique, find the doctor, reach the LZ and extract...

And that's all what i'm gonna tell you about this mission! :D For more, you need to play! ;)

Required game version:

Arma 2

Type:

SP Mission

Required addons:

None

Features:

- player is leader of 3 men team (Razor boys...)

- HALO insertion

- "Move" and "Stop" commands from the action meny to lead the doctor

- original sountracks from the movie ;)

Any feedback is strongly recommended and appreciated! :)

Have fun and good gaming!

bboy

Downloads:

Mediafire

Uploading

Armaholic

Edited by bboy

It's a pity that it's not on Lingor... would fit the storyline a lot more.

Bboy I loved your previous work, and will definitely try this one out.

Congratulation on the release!

---------- Post added at 00:10 ---------- Previous post was at 23:57 ----------

I get a "bad link to static object" error, and the mission loads Utes instead of Chernarus. auto-eject occurs on an off-map position.

Oh, and mission is ticked as complete even before I tried it.

I guess you can fix all that :)

It's a pity that it's not on Lingor... would fit the storyline a lot more.

Yeah,Icebreakr will soon release the new updated Lingor map its a beautiful island,if you could port the mission to Lingor,that will be awesome..(Sorry for my bad english..)

I get a "bad link to static object" error, and the mission loads Utes instead of Chernarus. auto-eject occurs on an off-map position.

Rename the PBO -> SP_TearsOfTheSun.Chernarus.pbo

Good mission.

No bugs found.

Thanks for this mission!

Unfortunately my men and I are in need of medical attention. I politely asked Dr Kendricks for help but she doesn't seem to notice our situation. Is there any chance to send one of the Razor boys to a first aid training course?

I renamed file to SP_TearsOfTheSun.Chernarus.pbo

1) when i dont take chute i jump at high altitude(without chute)

2) when i take chute i jump at very low altitude, chute auto opens then i hit water and die?

This mission is giving me tears

Thanks for this mission!

Unfortunately my men and I are in need of medical attention. I politely asked Dr Kendricks for help but she doesn't seem to notice our situation. Is there any chance to send one of the Razor boys to a first aid training course?

Thanks for playing my mission... Well, Dr. Kendricks is there to be extracted, not heal wounds... :D And you have your man O'Hara... ;) He is professional, believe me... :) I didn't wannet to put first-aid module... i personally like to play like this...

---------- Post added at 12:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:05 PM ----------

I renamed file to SP_TearsOfTheSun.Chernarus.pbo

1) when i dont take chute i jump at high altitude(without chute)

2) when i take chute i jump at very low altitude, chute auto opens then i hit water and die?

This mission is giving me tears

Try to download from alternate link...

---------- Post added at 12:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:06 PM ----------

Download link fixed... :)

bboy,

thanks for the reply. Meanwhile I have finished the mission. I am sorry to report that I lost Miles and O'Hara. It is hard to say what I liked best without spoiling. The way the plot develops was definetely a highlight. (I don't know the film, so every twist of the story came as a surprise.)

bboy,

thanks for the reply. Meanwhile I have finished the mission. I am sorry to report that I lost Miles and O'Hara. It is hard to say what I liked best without spoiling. The way the plot develops was definetely a highlight. (I don't know the film, so every twist of the story came as a surprise.)

Since you have been soo generous to write me a great feedback, i decided to publish your text message and share your experience with this mission :)

alpha-kilo:

bboy,

as I already posted in the forum I really enjoyed your mission. I will recommend to my squad mates.

I respect your decision not to add the first aid module. I had to save more often to compensate (something I normally don't really like but the story was gripping and I didn't want to loose too much time with long replays).

Just an idea: Perhaps this mission would make good COOP material for a team of three human players.

There are two negative negative remarks I'd like to make:

1) It was very easy to plant the satchels by the radio tower and the ammo storage in the village. There was a patrol in the forest near the radio tower but I could evade it. The village was empty. I moved carefully through a deserted settlement but nothing happened. just two guards inside the building but no activity outside. Not very believable if you ask me. Anyway, after planting both satchels I moved to a place where I could touch both of them off and after the explosions Vishnoye was swarming with enemies and hell broke loose. I made good use of the Goshank I had found earlier. I suggest to place 2 or three guards near the radio tower, and one or two patrols walking through Vishnoye. A few unarmed civilians might be a good idea, too.

2) After killing everybody in the village I walked around endlessly looking for the Militia leader in his blue jacket. I literally made a house-to-house search, but no luck. I searched the area around the village and searched every house again, this time marking each house, barn, shed and outhouse on the map. Just by co-incidence i stepped on the ruins of the house which had served as ammo storage and only then I triggered the dialogue which told me to visit the farm near Zub castle. Difficult to make a suggestion, but perhaps you could let the guards in the ammo building talk about the safe house near Zub. But then the player could leave the village without fighting. You could also "hide" an object (a suitcase, a document or similar) in the ruins to give the player a reason to step on the ruins which activates the trigger.

Regardless of whether you decide to update your mission or not, it is a very challenging and entertaining piece of work. Thank you very much for sharing.

Regards

A K

bboy:

Maybe is funny to say, but i don't play COOP... :) In the past i had bad internet conection so i did't used to do... because of that, i make only SP missions...

It's a good idea to complicate a lil' bit situation around radio tower... i was thinking about that... I had idea that you need to finish task for task... in order. If you doo that, everyone will be in place... ;) and i was thinking that is normal to enter inside house to take a look before you destroye it! :D

In any case, this is first version of this mission... and i will upgrade it by time... Just you all continue to send me feedback! :)

Thank you for playing! I'm glad that you had fun... cos' i spent a lot of time to make even like this... :)

Simple question why did you not base your mission on Tigeria or Duala?

Simple question why did you not base your mission on Tigeria or Duala?

I dont use that much addons... For those who are lazy to download... ;)

Right now i have bad internet conection... so i can't download nothing... But i'm gonna try those maps in the future... :) Did you play the mission?

Yes I did it's got good ideas. but I edited it so the healing was a bit easier...

bboy,

the only reason why I sent you a PM is that i didn't want to give too many details away. But we have spoiler tags for a reason.

Regarding your comments:

COOP: No problem.

Task Order:

When I play a mission, I usually think: What would I do if I was faced with this task in real life? In this case: Would it be wise to blow up the radio tower if the next thing I have to do is a sneaky mission just a few hundred meters away? That's why I originally planned to plant both satchels first, shoot the militia leader, leave the village, blow up the satchels and get away. So i planted the first satchel and went to the village, which I found empty. I inspected the house with the ammo dump from the outside, but I didn't see anything suspicious. Then I quietly slid into the entrance. The guards were already aiming, so I quickly shot them with a silenced pistol. If they hadn't been aiming, i would have waited a while in case they say something. But I thought they had noticed me and fired quickly. Then I placed my satchel next to the ammo boxes and left. As the village was empty I walked to a position where I could blow up both targets at once. That obviously triggered the fight and allowed me to continue. (Another plan that didn't work out.)

A new idea:

If you want to increase the difficulty, you could leave out the "mission completed" hints. For example: As soon the militia leader is dead, a sign pops up. So the player doesn't really need a description of the target. All he has to do is shoot the bad guys. Without this hint, however, he would have to visually identify the body. You might even put a picture into the briefing, if you like. If the player has actuallly seen the person in the blue jacket he could call the extraction by radio. Does this make sense?

Thanks man! I appreciate this... :) So... did you solved the problem? and did you play the game?

very cool mission, i enjoyed it.

Thanks! :)

Bboy

If I hadn't spent so much time trying to figure out What you were thinking ,I wouldn't be commenting. However I believe you may have very well had great intentions for this mission but, Its not very kind to upload and release a mission for the community that they 1.)have to download

2.) install

3.)launch game.

4.)see Error and be told to re save the mission.

5. Un PBO your mission just to get the Raw data to put int he editor!

6.)then relaunch the game only to find out your mission doesn't show up in the editor.

Before I posted this I thought I would give another check to see if this was jut for Arma2 but after launching YET AGAIN. I see it requires ad dons from Arma2CO. I'm very disappointed I had high hopes, this mission would at least work in one of the 2.

What you upload reflects on you. Please be more considerate of your fellow community members next time. Some of us are very busy and to waste Our only game time with errors you could have fixed by now is very painful and doesn't reflect well on you.

If at first you don't succeed try again. I gave it my all to get it working and cut ya some slack but my patience is worn thin. I hope you understand what I'm saying.

Please send me a PM when you have it fixed this was a great movie and I'm sure it would have been a great mission.