Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Arma2 Detail loading issue from distances.

Angry Arma2 Detail loading issue from distances.

Take a look at my this video. It will show you exactly what is happening. http://youtu.be/XYyLB3dwIt8
    So as you can see, from a short distance the level of detail flickers quite badly. When I zoom in from a distance also it takes a long time to render.

I never had the problem before I upgraded my graphics card from a nVidia 9800GT 1GB to a nVidia GTX560. I also moved the game directory with all my steam games from Disk Drive C to D. The game run perfectly fine with the old card but was at a low graphical setting. In the video I was running everything on normal. My PC can run it on high but I just turned it down for the video. I've selected every setting for the video memory option and it doesnt fix it. During the video it was set to default.

I've also defragged my whole PC, defragged the game via steam and verified the game cache.

To some people it might not be a big deal but it is annoying the hell out of me. In my eyes the game is now unplayable because of how annoying it is.

I look forward to your responses.

P.S. First youtube video.

delete your (backup first) arma2.cfg and let the game create a new one. might want to put the video memory on default btw.
    Last edited by PuFu; Feb 18 2012 at 13:15.
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by PuFu View Post
    delete you (backup first) arma2.cfg and let the game create a new one. might want to put the video memory on default btw.
    Thanks for the quick response.
    I had no luck with that. Also I already did have my video memory set to default.

what is your ATOC value?

what is your ATOC value?
    It is at 7

try with 0 see if you got the same behaviour

try with 0 see if you got the same behaviour

It made it even worse

Staff Sergeant
    try increasing your pagefile size (virtual memory) in windows. are your C and D drives different physical disks or 2 partitions on the same disk? may i ask why did u need to move the game directory to D drive?
    http://taw.net
    The Art of Warfare - join our Arma III team (Maturity, Microphone & Teamspeak 3 required)
    We have an ACE+ACRE public server now too!

Quote Originally Posted by DukeNukeM. View Post
    try increasing your pagefile size (virtual memory) in windows. are your C and D drives different physical disks or 2 partitions on the same disk? may i ask why did u need to move the game directory to D drive?
    Its the same disk with 2 parts to it. I didn't make the disk do that, it was like that when I got my PC, I dont know how to change it (if there even is a way) and it had more space so I moved all my steam games onto it.

Watching the video, i'd say this lod switching is quite normal. The thing is that as you played on low level details since, you didn't really notice it.
    Last edited by ProfTournesol; Feb 19 2012 at 15:03.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast