Sign in to follow this  
csb

Can not activate DVD version.

Just bought the DVD box version.

After install I am asked to activate online with the serial number.

I can't find a serial number so I entered the Installation key, on the back of the manual, that I had to enter for the install.

But I get a Failed Activation message: "Activation process has been terminated. Pease make sure the serial number has been entered correctly . . . . . . . The serial was not found in the database. . . . ."

Is the Installation Key (for installing game) the same as the Serial number (for activation)?

I included the dashes between the character groups and also did it without the dashes. I also did a complete reinstall.

Note that the error message above states the number I entered was not found in the database.

Where did you purchase the DVD box version? Please contact the vendor for support, as we don't have direct control over how they deal with these activations.

Thanks. I posted mainly to verify that I was entering the correct number.

I have contacted Securom (they operate the server that verifies activation) and they have requested an image of my Installation Key.

Their website is very helpful with faqs that cover some very specific problems including the error message I get.

My CDKEY why activation can not

the key is xxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx or other?

i post my cdkey and activation failed like this

Activation process has been terminated. Please make sure the SERIAL has been entered correctly.

Press BACK to attempt another activation, click MANUAL ACTIVATION to activate manually or press CANCEL to abort. In case the problem still persists please contact mailto:support@securom.com.

The SERIAL was not found in the database. Most likely the SERIAL has been entered incorrectly.

---------- Post added at 17:43 ---------- Previous post was at 17:28 ----------

my cdkey is xxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx it's right??

why can't activation

---------- Post added at 17:44 ---------- Previous post was at 17:43 ----------

my cdkey is xxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx it's right??

why can't activation

Are you actually adding all those xx's? If so, thats the problem! That is not a legit CD-key. A CD-key consists of a combination of numbers and leters.

Where did you buy the game from?

is a digital version

i know xxx is numbers

i mean the CDKEY the format

Edited by CHN131
Optional

The format look correct to me.

Sent Placebo ( placebo@bistudio.com ) a mail with your key and ask him to varify if it is a legit key.

He might ask proof of purchase as well which is easy to show since this is a digital version.

Let me know if contacting placebo fails.

Maybe he is busy with his work?

Just be patient and give him some time, you surely are not the only one sending him an email!

OK thanks for help

but i just have the key

it's need email to activate game?

it's need email to activate game?

No, this is not normally how it works. The key should work. But really you should be contacting the shop you bought the DVD version from. Was it online or at retail?

it's online

should i need something for online activate?

If you mean EBAY, the chances are either that the key you bought has already been activated, or it's not a genuine key. Your best bet would be to try and secure a refund from the seller. I very much doubt that BI can help you here.

The safest way to buy Take on Helicopters is direct from BI here or from a reputable online reseller such as Steam.

Hi CHN

I got the same message too. My problem was typing the number 0 as the letter O

So check for any O/0 B/8 l/1 in the serial key. There may be other letter/number combinations that look similar.

If this does not work goto securom.com who have the activation server for this product. They also have a faq which talks about that error message. If that is not the problem then you can to send them a help message from their website.

And look carefully - AFTER reading the faq AND checking my serial key, I sent a help message to them but then 2 days later I noticed IDOD have a 0 in my serial key! :icon_rolleyes:

Edited by csb

i buy it from EABY

You told me you bought a digital version but ebay does not sell any digital versions at all (at least not to my knowledge)

Do you have the DVD's or did you have to download installation files? If the seller at ebay told you to download installation files you were probably scammed.