Sign in to follow this  
NaturalFlying

Think i can play this game?

As a 13 year old you may think im like Mom can i have this......well it is like that......but not all the time,im saving up money every month for a PC (And some assistance from parents,take opportunity:p the Gaming PC will be 600£ (6000kr) or something,right now im at an new (Not mine,former PC crashed)Presario CQ67 Laptop (COMPAQ) :/ And i wont build it myself,this PC im buying has standards as the things you do your self,it can run BF3,all i know,will it run ARMA Games,i think so (Just me thinkin here folks) And nevermind the questions about ARMA 3 ,just watched all the gameplay or so :)

Suprised this thread got like 600 views or so in like...not so manu hours still im tired of that captcha type in random word all time :):p

^^I wouldn't agree on the realism part about flying, Flogger23m pretty much nailed it, like it or not, Arma's system is worse than BF3's...

Its easier, not worse. If you take time to set it up correctly its very good. Except for the lame physics, but that's something that will get fixed in A3

Better question is, will you -like- this game.

Arma is an entirely different experience, so far, than other games. It´s tough to get into. It´s more of a hobby than a game of itself.

It´s a journey.

Best start with CWA and go from there ;D

If you can deal with the original, you can deal with anything. And if you like the original, you will like everything that comes after. That´s the way its been for me, at least.

I was 14 when I got into OFP, back when it was released, so age isn´t a factor here.

Better question is, will you -like- this game.

Arma is an entirely different experience, so far, than other games. It´s tough to get into. It´s more of a hobby than a game of itself.

It´s a journey.

Best start with CWA and go from there ;D

If you can deal with the original, you can deal with anything. And if you like the original, you will like everything that comes after. That´s the way its been for me, at least.

I was 14 when I got into OFP, back when it was released, so age isn´t a factor here.

Yeah,the free version of Arma could be like a 'will i like arma or not' thing but I am on a friggen laptop that sucks :( I got Dragon rising (OFP) im on the last mission,took me about a day or so.....:(

Hmm... if you're mature and patient enough, there's no problem with you playing Arma/2/3.

I would recommend you to grab a copy of Arma2 CO right when you got your new rig and start playing it, to get the feel.

Other than BF3, OFP or others, Arma is never "finished". Yes, you can finish the singleplayer campaings. But Arma is a sandbox, so you have allmost unlimited freedom in what you want to do, as long as you understand how Arma scripting works. Or you just let others do the work for you. :P

Learning Arma on your own might be challenging. Learing it in a group is fun and great. It lives trough multiplayer.

There are many diffrent groups out there. From layed back and mostly unorganized playing on public servers to realism groups that do training, teach tactics, skill and other things to have more epic and advanced missions. Your choice. :)

Hmm... if you're mature and patient enough, there's no problem with you playing Arma/2/3.

I would recommend you to grab a copy of Arma2 CO right when you got your new rig and start playing it, to get the feel.

Other than BF3, OFP or others, Arma is never "finished". Yes, you can finish the singleplayer campaings. But Arma is a sandbox, so you have allmost unlimited freedom in what you want to do, as long as you understand how Arma scripting works. Or you just let others do the work for you. :P

Learning Arma on your own might be challenging. Learing it in a group is fun and great. It lives trough multiplayer.

There are many diffrent groups out there. From layed back and mostly unorganized playing on public servers to realism groups that do training, teach tactics, skill and other things to have more epic and advanced missions. Your choice. :)

And you dont even need to know how to script to do easier things in the editor. I cant script but I still love Arma 2 and still makes easy things on the editor even after a long time.

for the main poster, and if you get bored just do massive air battles, never gets boring(and do funny things, set four(or something) enemy fighters against 20/30/40 cargo planes and try to survive as long as possible). I had fun when I did a ww1 air battle.

for the main poster, and if you get bored just do massive air battles, never gets boring(and do funny things, set four(or something) enemy fighters against 20/30/40 cargo planes and try to survive as long as possible). I had fun when I did a ww1 air battle.

Alternatively, toss a bunch of USMC rifle squads into the water and throw some machine gun nests onto the beach. Bam! You got yourself a D-Day reenactment.

Alternatively, toss a bunch of USMC rifle squads into the water and throw some machine gun nests onto the beach. Bam! You got yourself a D-Day reenactment.

lol I love amphibian invasions too :D, got a few easy invasion missions.

Edited by paecmaker

My brother is 12 years old an play arma all the time

So the French will be included? :yay:

I tossed down the Alice, Silve, and ambient animal module, and plopped down a 6 year old on my chair and let her walk around for hours in takistan. So I guess any age is okay?

So the French will be included? :yay:

The picture above clearly suggests the french will be included :D

I tossed down the Alice, Silve, and ambient animal module, and plopped down a 6 year old on my chair and let her walk around for hours in takistan. So I guess any age is okay?

Select armory - select rabbit. The game will generate missions like where you need to escape hunters with a rabbit

I was surprised that BIS pays this much attention to minor stuff like this.

If you like it, play it. You don't need our permission.

I was not really asking for permission,i was just asking if this game fits me,and if you like 13 yr olds running around with a lower intelligence,tough im smart :):D

I Look forward to Arma 3 and my Gaming PC,for now i just play some Mass effect 3 demo and then i will buy the game til Arma 3 release:cool:

I was not really asking for permission,i was just asking if this game fits me,and if you like 13 yr olds running around with a lower intelligence,tough im smart :):D

I've played with people that were twice your age and couldn't even fly a helicopter without plowing it (along with the rest of their squad) into the single tree on a flat desert island without even being fired upon. Utter muppets are not restricted to a certain age group.

I Look forward to Arma 3 and my Gaming PC,for now i just play some Mass effect 3 demo and then i will buy the game til Arma 3 release:cool:

I think that ARMA is for people who like some tactics and strategy, realistic things. Nothing about shoot like crazy. Well... it's difficult that a 13 yr olds won't go to cry after he got killed. BTW, I respect everyone, and I think you won't cry for that.