Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Think i can play this game?

Quote Originally Posted by NaturalFlying View Post
    Ok first of all,Im 13,now i'm playing BF3 on xbox and i am planning to get a gaming PC. Arma seems to be really cool and i seem to have a Natural talent at flying (I learned to fly in 2 attempts on BF3) also maybe i will try out the game 'Take on Helicopters' but do you think i will understand the game well and that the players will accept me,also this registration was kinda weird,they asked for Operation Flashpoint Cold Crisis release (Google searching...) or something... i proved that i was a human to many times ._.

Still think i will be good in this game? i love flying..its addicting like chocolate for me,im Swedish and i know the English language well.

Now no haters.

Did this forums have lots of spammers cause of the registration/thread posting stuff?

I'm asking this cause of Youtube vids and it seems very.....mature and REALISTIC <3 Mw3 i played it,exchanged it for Skyrim,BF3 Meh,im tired of it,its to easy now,no flamming just good ol'e answers.

And for you guys that hates CoD,im with you all the way....i hate cod so dont say CoD fanboy..
    Hello NaturalFlying and welcome to the Arma 3 forums!!

So you like flying, me to, its what I mostly do in Arma 2. There's a couple of things you should know.

First of all the controls, BF3 flying is nothing compared to flying in Arma. It imposes much more realistic flight physics which brings you more freedom but also boasts a lot of new challenges. I play Battlefield to, and in Battlefield you can control you jet with the WASD buttons and the mouse. In Arma you'll need your whole keyboard, and more.

I use a flight stick, a throttle and my mouse and keyboard all at once. It comes much closer to operating in a real cockpit then Battlefield. Next to that, in battlefield you can slow down your jet to speeds where in Arma it would start to stall, you can go much higher and faster but again, this brings challenges. In Battlefield you can almost turn your jet like a car, its easy to use the yaw controls to achieve this, but in Arma you turn fastest by banking and pulling some g's.

Its up to you how realistic you want it, by default its pretty tricky and takes real effort to master it. I use mods that make it even more realistic.

Finally, in Battlefield you can just spray and shoot away all you want and your ammo will magically replenish. In Arma, what you see is what you get. You got 2 missles, 4 bombs and 14 rockets under your wings? That means you can shoot 2 missiles, 4 bombs and 14 rockets.

Pilots are a special breed of gamers and in my opinion a minority. So getting another on board is always great.

Good luck and have fun!!

^^I wouldn't agree on the realism part about flying, Flogger23m pretty much nailed it, like it or not, Arma's system is worse than BF3's...

Age does not matter I was 13 when space invaders came out. I got that good at it and spent that long that the curry house where the machine was banned me from it because they were not making any profit. I have played games ever since and am now 47, its already been mentioned but it is your attitude towards a sim like flashpoint, Arma and Arma2 etc

Ok thanks for all answers,i will get arma sometime,and that 'keep your ammo' thing on helicopters is great,BF3 is so much spam of everything on everything. I Played CoD as kid(Now i mean kidkid) Then i want some realistic so i bought BF3 (BC2,1943 First) and yeah.....its to easy. I Got Dragon rising and it was a bit more difficult,thats why i want Arma.....now that 3 is about to release,will it still be that tactical gameplay with communication,will they add more modern stuff and is it 2013 etc... or future or whatever and will the graphics be good....you know...upgrades and stuff like that.

If you have the computer already and have money left over then you can get ARMA2 now to get used to it.

ARMA2 versions:

ARMA2: Combined Operations (This includes the original "ARMA2" and "ARMA2:Operation Arrowhead" Upgrade)

ARMA2:free (Do a search. This free version only has lowres textures and some things are missing but it allows you to play online in ARMA2 servers)

ARMA2:Operation Arrowhead (Newest version of ARMA but does not contain Chernarus map and some weapons/vehicles from ARMA2)

...Or just wait for ARMA3... (Hopefully summertime)
    http://www.arma3.com
    I'd say ARMA2 helicopter handling is a bit easier than BF3 as you don't loose altitude so much when banking but ARMA3 helicopter flight model will be much more realistic and harder than BF3.
    Last edited by EDcase; Feb 15 2012 at 16:25.

As a 13 year old you may think im like Mom can i have this......well it is like that......but not all the time,im saving up money every month for a PC (And some assistance from parents,take opportunity the Gaming PC will be 600£ (6000kr) or something,right now im at an new (Not mine,former PC crashed)Presario CQ67 Laptop (COMPAQ) :/ And i wont build it myself,this PC im buying has standards as the things you do your self,it can run BF3,all i know,will it run ARMA Games,i think so (Just me thinkin here folks) And nevermind the questions about ARMA 3 ,just watched all the gameplay or so

Suprised this thread got like 600 views or so in like...not so manu hours still im tired of that captcha type in random word all time

Quote Originally Posted by Minoza View Post
    ^^I wouldn't agree on the realism part about flying, Flogger23m pretty much nailed it, like it or not, Arma's system is worse than BF3's...
    Its easier, not worse. If you take time to set it up correctly its very good. Except for the lame physics, but that's something that will get fixed in A3

Better question is, will you -like- this game.

Arma is an entirely different experience, so far, than other games. It´s tough to get into. It´s more of a hobby than a game of itself.

It´s a journey.

Best start with CWA and go from there ;D

If you can deal with the original, you can deal with anything. And if you like the original, you will like everything that comes after. That´s the way its been for me, at least.

I was 14 when I got into OFP, back when it was released, so age isn´t a factor here.

Railgun advocate

Encumbrance + Fatigue System basic suggestions: http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=11030
    Suggestion for improvement in absence of 3D vehicle interiors: http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=12555
    Request to improve control of vehicle AI: control turning out, weapons and engine on/off: http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=13397
    DR style handling of Missile Launcher reloading: http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=11075

Quote Originally Posted by InstaGoat View Post
    Better question is, will you -like- this game.

Arma is an entirely different experience, so far, than other games. It´s tough to get into. It´s more of a hobby than a game of itself.

It´s a journey.

Best start with CWA and go from there ;D

If you can deal with the original, you can deal with anything. And if you like the original, you will like everything that comes after. That´s the way its been for me, at least.

I was 14 when I got into OFP, back when it was released, so age isn´t a factor here.
    Yeah,the free version of Arma could be like a 'will i like arma or not' thing but I am on a friggen laptop that sucks I got Dragon rising (OFP) im on the last mission,took me about a day or so.....

Hmm... if you're mature and patient enough, there's no problem with you playing Arma/2/3.

I would recommend you to grab a copy of Arma2 CO right when you got your new rig and start playing it, to get the feel.
    Other than BF3, OFP or others, Arma is never "finished". Yes, you can finish the singleplayer campaings. But Arma is a sandbox, so you have allmost unlimited freedom in what you want to do, as long as you understand how Arma scripting works. Or you just let others do the work for you. :P

Learning Arma on your own might be challenging. Learing it in a group is fun and great. It lives trough multiplayer.
    There are many diffrent groups out there. From layed back and mostly unorganized playing on public servers to realism groups that do training, teach tactics, skill and other things to have more epic and advanced missions. Your choice.

Tactics | Teamwork | Training

Linux Arma Server Skype Chat

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast