Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Enhanced Skills Slider

This is a great addon. Cannot wait for full group/side functionality, single-unit useage is a little limited right now, but OK for testing. I'm not keen on the blue perma-hint in the middle of the screen, but I guess that's another beta detail?

With full group/side functionality, this will definitely be among my permanents.
    Fire And Smoke for ArmA2: JTD_FireAndSmoke v0.2

For better future effects addons, please vote for this ticket.

New on front page at Armed Assault.info

Link to mirror :

Enhanced Skills Slider (v 0.1 beta) : http://www.armedassault.info/index.p...addons&id=1915

Author of the Thread
    Quote Originally Posted by DMarkwick View Post
    This is a great addon. Cannot wait for full group/side functionality, single-unit useage is a little limited right now, but OK for testing. I'm not keen on the blue perma-hint in the middle of the screen, but I guess that's another beta detail?

With full group/side functionality, this will definitely be among my permanents.
    Hello mate,

Side and Group functionality should be working. It is for me anyway ;-) It does not display slider values for Side/Group initially because it makes no sense to do so when each unit within a group or side will have different values. But certainly if you set a spread range or apply a percentage when a side / group are selected it does apply them to each unit in that group or side. Try it - set a spread range for a group and then check on an individual unit you know is in that group.

The perma-hint is because it is an addaction that is continually checking to see if the player is alive and an admin and it is generally first on the list. I guess because I play mostly with ACE I don't see it. I'll check if you can do something about this with the addaction command.

@Old Bear - thanks for the mirror - I'll update the first post.
    Jedra's Addons
    Arma 2 : Enhanced Skills Slider
    Take On Helicopters : Take On Taxi | Jedra's Time Trials | Weapon Indicators | No Radar

Thanks,that was desperately needed since the change in 1.60.

Quote Originally Posted by Jedra View Post
    The perma-hint is because it is an addaction that is continually checking to see if the player is alive and an admin and it is generally first on the list. I guess because I play mostly with ACE I don't see it. I'll check if you can do something about this with the addaction command.
    If its the blue "set skill" menu then it goes away with a right click of the mouse like the action menu in general.

Great addon!

EDIT: Jedra, just to be clear to my daft head, is values sliders set to right always better or is it mixed? Thinking of Aiming Accuracy i can imagine its better with a higher value, but is it the same with Aiming Shake? Read the manual and although its clear to some people im uncertain myself. Cheers.
    Last edited by Alex72; Feb 15 2012 at 14:30.

Author of the Thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex72 View Post
    If its the blue "set skill" menu then it goes away with a right click of the mouse like the action menu in general.

Great addon!
    Thanks mate - I should play vanilla more often - sometimes I forget!!

Only tested it briefly so far but love it so far! I can see this one become a must have (at least for me) so it would be nice to be able to define some stuff in a "userconfig\jed_ess\jed_ess_config.hpp" that would be applied automaticly on mission startup.

Thinking mostly about random with spread function where in the jed_ess_config.hpp you define what skills to randomly change and sets the min/max limits. Would be awesome if this could be defined per SIDE as well. Leading to unpredictability and "never the same" even if a mission is played several times in row.

Also agree regarding the action menu in the middle of screen, would be better if there was a less intrusive way to do it.

Maybe an option in the config file that removes it from the action menu (but can still be called from a radio trigger/script) since I think after experimenting and finding good settings the GUI won't be needed as much...

Anyway, looking forward to whatever you decide to release!

/KC
    >> The journey is the reward! <<

Author of the Thread
    @KeyCat - thanks for the suggestions. I will look at implementing a userconfig at the weekend - it sounds like a good idea. As for the trigger thing. By using an AddAction, I know I am not going to interfere with a mission or other addon. Using a radio trigger may cause problems if a mission loaded also uses it. I think you may have to live with it, or use the right mouse button as Alex72 suggested.

Hello mate,

Side and Group functionality should be working. It is for me anyway ;-) It does not display slider values for Side/Group initially because it makes no sense to do so when each unit within a group or side will have different values. But certainly if you set a spread range or apply a percentage when a side / group are selected it does apply them to each unit in that group or side. Try it - set a spread range for a group and then check on an individual unit you know is in that group.

@Old Bear - thanks for the mirror - I'll update the first post.
    Hmm, OK I will try it again tonight, but when I tried it last night it seemed to me that only the single-unit functionality was working. Using single-unit functionality I successfully reduced their skills to useless, I tried the side/group options, and got creamed and when setting the sliders to their minimum on Side/group, upon checking the units individually they seemed to have retained their original values.

---------- Post added at 17:01 ---------- Previous post was at 16:56 ----------

@KeyCat - thanks for the suggestions. I will look at implementing a userconfig at the weekend - it sounds like a good idea. As for the trigger thing. By using an AddAction, I know I am not going to interfere with a mission or other addon. Using a radio trigger may cause problems if a mission loaded also uses it. I think you may have to live with it, or use the right mouse button as Alex72 suggested.
    I've seen some addons of a similar nature to this have the button on the esc. screen. So you press esc. and get the window that allows you to restart/abort etc, and the button goes there. It doesn't affect the flow of the game either.

Author of the Thread
    Are you playing SP, MP or LAN? The sliders should be setting the individual units when you choose All Units or a group. The only time it won't is if you do it too early and the units are still spawning. Also, if you could let me know what mission you're using and I can check if it's something mission specific.

Regarding the ESC feature - I will look into that as it may be preferable to an action menu item - thanks for the tip!

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast