Sign in to follow this  
mrmoon

(sp) The Garden of Death (pt1) mission/mod thread.

The Garden of Death

A mission/mod for operation flashpoint resistance v 9.96

In the near future Nato launches a massive military operation against Iran triggering a global war.

In response a renewed Russia sends troops across the caspian sea to aid its ally and protect its energy interests.

Mission information.

Taking place in a mountainous region of Iran (represented by afghan everon) the player takes command of an elite commando unit of special air service and special forces support group.

Features

Dozens of modified units

Epic battles.

Intense atmosphere and action.

Intro and outro cutscenes.

Player controlled heli insertion/extraction.

Custom sound effects and music.

And more...

You will need the mission file and addon folder both directly below!

Mod folder

http://www.mediafire.com/download/7x4kbvj2odc94aw/%40iran.rar

The mission

http://www.mediafire.com/download/oxyfkwtnxcbq851/GOD.rar

And check out this preview video its part of the outro movie for the mission.

Screenshots here.

http://chaosad20xx.blogspot.co.uk/p/garden-of-death-wip.html

Enjoy

Edited by mrmoon

Sorry been away for the week more updates soon.

Added 4 more screens to the blog, I'm gonna push to get this finished over weekend because Ive spent f all time on ofp recently :(

Wow man, it's so cool. I want to play, and I'll post anything about my campaign.

Having it all as one mission is causing me problems so I'm breaking it down into 4 or 5 smaller ones, first of which will be ready as soon as Ive completed intro/outro and breifing. :)

I gave a look at your screenshots. Well, judging from them I don't know how good mission will mission be (pics don't show the action, you know ;) ), but your units look great! :eek: Do you plan to put them into something like replacement mod? With UK at West, Iran at East and Russians as Independent? That'd be really great, and we'd have Arma 3 before real game comes out! :D And it'd come already with campaign made from your split mission. I think that you should at least analyze the possibilities of such solution...

Anyway good job, and good luck with it!

The garden of death part one will be released tommorow :)

Ive have already began creating a replacement pack ;) while it will feature a couple of missions set in Iran/middle east the replacment side will concentrate on the european front.

I really liked Your previous mission on Jan Cepera ofp competition. Dl'ading. Thank You

Bielow

Ahh thanks man let me know what you think.

Oki. Played,finished reviewed ;)

Very nice mission. I really like the way which You use to make this mission. Simple in good old ofp style. Ohh I never used javelin before so my first contact with enemy armor was death screen :D

After that I used guerlilla tactics in hill near roadblock. It was shot in 10! End it was a cake after elimination of armor. Mission is rather small and fast so I think it will be nice make it a bit longer. Hind destroy my transport so I get back to base on foot. Can't wait to see next part. But two things:

-random patrol -it will be nice to see few more patrols near depot. Although 2 man patrol.

-counterattack after capture roadblock - I think that enemy should send recon vehicle first-than armour. Or spetsnaz team on spearhead.

Beside this excellent taste. And I really appreciate it that You made modfoler. I hate download every single addon or searching at my hdd.

Bielow

Edited by Bielow

Cheers for the feedback Ill get to work on some of the things you pointed out right away.

It is a small mission but thats only really because it was part of a much larger one, but I will add some extra bits into next version :P

Hi Mr Moon!

Small, quick & nice mission! Spoilers here:

On first try, I thought that it'd be better to go through hills and attack enemy from above. After short consideration I decided to take Rover instead and parked in the city south of roadblock. At the roadblock, unfortunately my very old PC made enormous lag, so I decided to install CWA on my year old laptop, and then... Two days of fighting with this little junk only to run game on lower settings than my old PC! :O When finally I tried your mission it occurred to me that this little devil have damaged keyboard and I can't order my team to disembark! :mad:

Because of that I was forced to try my first idea and "Run to the Hills". It worked, even better than I suspected because my team was able to take down tank at the roadblock from 500 meters - which ended in early contact with enemy, too early for my teammates... :( On next try I passed through the roadblock, but one of my two Javelin operators was dead - probably it's time to arm myself with heavy weapons...

Generally I agree with Bielow's proposition, but also will throw mine: maybe change DKMM Land Rovers and Warriors to UKF ones? In archive you've included Defenders WMIK, and I think they'd work better than old Series III Rovers. Especially when action takes place in near future. Also, maybe delete one or two burning tanks? Two is enough to create atmosphere, but more makes only bigger lag, mainly in the beginning, when there are also base objects in field of view.

Good work, I'm waiting for more!

BTW: Could you reupload "Cold Day in Hell"?

Edited by krzychuzokecia

Uploaded new improved version of the mission more contacts, longer lasting and harder.

Also fixed the problem with hinds nuking the British base, whoops.

http://chaosad20xx.blogspot.co.uk/

Thanks for the feedback krzychuzokecia you should equip yourself a javelin (there are more javelins at base if you need them), sadly I fear your pc will struggle even more with this version :/. If you are having trouble de pbo the mission get it in editor and remove the "exec "destroyed.sqs"" line in all the vehicles innit line.

Oh yeah I reuploaded colddayinhell here http://www.ofpec.com/forum/index.php?topic=35933.0

Updated the mod folder fixing one of the more anoying visual bugs with the spetsnaz.

Edited by mrmoon

Thanks for the feedback krzychuzokecia you should equip yourself a javelin (there are more javelins at base if you need them), sadly I fear your pc will struggle even more with this version :/. If you are having trouble de pbo the mission get it in editor and remove the "exec "destroyed.sqs"" line in all the vehicles innit line.

Personally I prefer LAW, because Javelin model blocks field of view when lying (model bigger than animation lets). And don't worry about my PC - it's now almost 9 years old, bought in 2003! Short after OFP: Resistance release ;) (but I haven't bought it yet, still I wanted to, finally it came to me in 2009!).

Some food for thought about units: in "Cold Day..." you're using HYK's infantry pack. Maybe use his OpFor also in this mission, instead of Marine Assault Pack? This way you would have also decent RHS AK-47s for Iranian forces! I'd also suggest using DKMM (or Hawk's remake of) Mi-28 - Russia modern attack helicopter. Though it could probably increase lag for me even more. :) And question out of pure curiosity: on which units have you based your Brits? I bet they're not made upon MAP model.

Ah I had to weigh allot of things up firstly marine assault pack is smaller in size, easier to modify and goes better with the more ld style of the rest of the units (which also helps with fps) I guess I could equip the iranians with the newer ak's the marines have but I read Iranians use the akm so I went with that.

Using the marine pack I could strap loads of extra gear onto the marines that would not have looked right on more high def models.

+Ive never been keen on the desert and woodland opfor in hyks pack.

I really wanted to have t90's, mi28 havoc's and Defender WMIK's roaming around the desert however I had to think of file size and what looks right together (quality wise).

Originally I was just going to use the wyw 3 colour desert opfor as Iranians but decided to have a bash at it myself and so glad I did :P

The british troops are basicly blackbloods desert troops reskinned and hacked to feck, never got round to changing the lods (whoops) so from a great distance they still look like 2003 era british.

Thanks very much for your feedback its really appreciated.

Played the mission. I think its very nice runs almost lag free. Gave me a hidden and dangerous feel. There is a few lod errors here and there but nothing big, the russian soldiers unfortunately stands out like a sore thump in the desert making them rather easy to hit. The weapon selection is nice in the way that you have just enough to complete the mission but not enough to spray and pray. helicopter seems useless for anything other than Russian target practice, I tried calling it in to get me away from the last surprise but it got shot down as it and the surprise arrived almost simultaneous needs more time if the chopper is suppose to get you out. Looking forward to the next mission.

STGN

Thanks for the feedback :) yeah the helo is really only usefull in this mission for extraction, although if your not quick it will get shot down.

When it was a bigger single mission the helo was really handy for gettin back to base or behind enemy lines, decided to keep it in all of the cut down missions for the hell of it.

Im going away for a week so I will get back to work on this and finish part 2 as soon as I am back watch this space.

Thanks again :)

HI Mr.Moon !

I can`t download the mod folder in this link http://www.gamefront.com/files/21520486/%40iran.rar

It seems to be missing:

<<The file you are looking for seems to be missing. Please contact an administrator if you feel this is an error.>>

I really want to try your mission and to give you my opinion but...

Ok. Tested new version. I'm a bit dissapointed.

You added 3xt55 near first village. And one or two bmp more. Now it's a bit hard to finish mission but.... gameplay it's still the same. You can fail only if someone from Your Ai teammates will shoot to T-55 (they suck with javelin and law to...). Otherwise mission is exactly as the original version. It's nice that You added few infantry but there is a few bugs which I spotted:

-Infantry in 1st village are blocked few times by buildings.

-When You provoke t-55's to follow You to base challenger don't shoot to them

-Vulcan in base don't shooting to Hind's

Maybe it's fault of my version 1.99. But it's better to say You.

Bielow

Yeah think its a problem with version 1.99 Ive heard its really buggy so I stay well away from it.

Im a bit short of time right now but Ill get onto making another version and finishing part 2 as soon as I hjave a moment.

edit

Have reuploaded mod folder and mission.

Edited by mrmoon

Just deleted half of the second mission by accident ffs.

A revised version of the garden of death part one has been released!! theres so much new stuff in it I don't know where to begin you can check out my blog for the new screenshots http://chaosad20xx.blogspot.co.uk/p/garden-of-death-wip.html

follow this link to get it and the mod folder http://chaosad20xx.blogspot.co.uk/

And heres a preview pic of part 2

250 kb image removed

Edited by W0lle

Nice update looking forward to facing the multicam ruskies. :)

STGN