160thSOAR

Best Mod Launcher for Combined Operations?

The number of mods I have is growing out of control. It's become a huge pain launching them through typing up the file names in the usual way.

I've tried Alpinestars's ArmA 2 Launcher, but I can't get it to launch Combined Ops. It just launches either OA or ArmA2; I can't get it to launch both.

If someone could either a) suggest a fix to my current mod launcher problem or b) suggest another one that works for CO, that would be awesome.

Thanks everyone!

There's the SpiritedMachine launcher you could try. You can organize your mods and such through folders, and easily enable/disable certain mods.

Or, even better, is Six Updater. It can manage (download, update, etc) most of your addons, and you can easily arrange everything into presets. Then, you just hit launch game and it takes care of the rest.

Really? I heard that SIX Updater caused issues with launching the game, so I never used it to launch my game.

I use it to install my mods though, so I know my way around.

Thanks!

Everyone has different favourites but I personally do not use mod launchers.

Are you sure it doesn't launch Combined Ops when you check that Arma II OA circle? I was confused by that at first. It should launch Combined Ops if you have Arma 2 and OA and you check that Arma II OA circle.

Really? I heard that SIX Updater caused issues with launching the game, so I never used it to launch my game.

I use it to install my mods though, so I know my way around.

Thanks!

The only really important factor with SU is that if you have separate combined ops installation, e.g on Steam, you should make sure the game registry paths are in order; http://six.dev-heaven.net/Six_Updater+FAQ#Paths (Game, mods, pack etc)

That should be all there is to it.

I run 24/7 support basically, if there's an issue, report it, and I will take care of it asap: http://www.six-updater.net/p/support.html

Lastly, the performance should now be at a respectable level, making it more suitable as launcher.

Alpinestars launcher does start ArmA2 CO. Of course it will use OA exe for that. That's what I use.

There's a problem with it now - it can't retrieve Gamespy server lists anymore. Gamespy changed something?

Spirited Machine launcher 1.4.1 work fine ArmA2 CO (ArmA2) and mod ,or beta patch.

Gamespy not use.Online internet server connect and work fine.

The only really important factor with SU is that if you have separate combined ops installation, e.g on Steam, you should make sure the game registry paths are in order; http://six.dev-heaven.net/Six_Updater+FAQ#Paths (Game, mods, pack etc)

That should be all there is to it.

I run 24/7 support basically, if there's an issue, report it, and I will take care of it asap: http://www.six-updater.net/p/support.html

Lastly, the performance should now be at a respectable level, making it more suitable as launcher.

Well, we're using the Six-Updater in our communtiy to keep in sync with all the mods.

Sickboy is right when saying, that he's running nearly 24/7 support. I wonder if he ever sleeps or work. :P

SU is defnetly a big go. Especially with the latest performance improvements.

...If someone could either a) suggest a fix to my current mod launcher problem...
Less is more...why add another 3rd-party app when it/they is/are not necessary.

Create multiple shortcuts.

Alpinestars launcher does start ArmA2 CO. Of course it will use OA exe for that. That's what I use.

There's a problem with it now - it can't retrieve Gamespy server lists anymore. Gamespy changed something?

agree, this launcher does launch CO. gotta make sure u installed OA into the same directory u installed Arma2 though. been using it to launch CO all the time.

what's the error message for server list? its still working fine, only cant see who is on the server.

In AlpineStart launcher, just select the proper "Game version" in the lower right corner. That will select the proper .exe file to launch

Of course, as said you need to have combined ops installed properly

Hi, i use this script to launch the game, usually i don't play on online servers, sometimes i host games with some friends and i save different cmds based on the mission name (so i don't need to remember which mod is required for every mission), you can edit and adapt it if you need, by default it launches the non beta version but you can choose to launch the beta one pressing the 2 key at menu

@echo off

setlocal enableextensions

set MODSTRINGCOMMON=@CBA;@ACE;@ACEX;@ACEX_USNavy;@ACEX_RU;@ACEX_SM;@sthud;@stmovement;@JTD
set PARAMETERSCOMMON=-cpuCount=8 -exThreads=7 -nosplash -world=empty -malloc=tbb4malloc_bi
set PARAMETERSOFFICIAL=
set PARAMETERSBETA=
set BETAPATH=Expansion\beta
set MODSTRINGBETA=%BETAPATH%;%BETAPATH%\Expansion;@okt_NoBlurBeta
set MODSTRINGOFFICIAL=@okt_noblur
set EXE=ARMA2OA.exe

:v64_path_a2oa
for /F "Tokens=2* skip=2" %%E in ('reg query "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Bohemia Interactive Studio\ArmA 2 OA" /v "Main"') do (set ARMAPATH=%%F)

if not defined ARMAPATH (goto v32_path_a2oa) else (goto menu1)

:v32_path_a2oa
For /F "Tokens=2* skip=2" %%G In ('reg query "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Bohemia Interactive Studio\ArmA 2 OA" /v "Main"') do set (ARMAPATH=%%H)

if not defined ARMAPATH (goto uac_PATH_A2OA) else (goto menu1)

:uac_PATH_A2OA
@for /F "tokens=2* delims=	 " %%M in ('reg query "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Bohemia Interactive Studio\ArmA 2 OA" /v "Main"') do (SET ARMAPATH=%%N)

if not defined ARMAPATH (goto std_PATH_A2OA) else (goto menu1)

:std_PATH_A2OA
@for /F "tokens=2* delims=	 " %%O in ('reg query "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Bohemia Interactive Studio\ArmA 2 OA" /v "Main"') do (SET ARMAPATH=%%P)

if not defined ARMAPATH (goto ENDfailA2OA) else (goto menu1)

:menu1

echo.
echo Choose between official or beta version (5 seconds timeout)
echo.
echo 1) Official version (default)
echo 2) Beta version
echo 3) Quit
echo.

choice /C:123 /D 1 /T 5 /M "Your choice:"
if errorlevel == 3 goto quit
if errorlevel == 2 goto betastarter
if errorlevel == 1 goto officialstarter

:officialstarter

start "" /D "%ARMAPATH%" /B "%ARMAPATH%\%EXE%" "-mod=%MODSTRINGOFFICIAL%;%MODSTRINGCOMMON%" %PARAMETERSCOMMON% %PARAMETERSOFFICIAL%

goto quit

:betastarter

start "" /D "%ARMAPATH%" /B "%ARMAPATH%\%BETAPATH%\%EXE%" "-mod=%MODSTRINGBETA%;%MODSTRINGCOMMON%" %PARAMETERSCOMMON% %PARAMETERSBETA%

goto quit

:quit
@exit /B 0

:ENDfailA2OA
@exit /B 1

Edited by t0t3m