Sign in to follow this  
galzohar

Any way to run Arma at "windowed full screen"?

With Xsplit wanting money for streaming games but not for streaming what is on your screen, currently Arma can only be live streamed for free if you play in windowed mode, which obviously isn't very pretty.

For games like Starcraft 2, there is an option for "windowed full screen" which basically allows you to stream using Xsplit's free features of screen capture. I was hoping there might be a way to make Arma run in a similar way. After all, nobody is going to pay money to show the game to people nor will anyone pay to watch it, and it's perfectly legal to use this workaround (and done by many professional gamers who would be putting their careers at risk if this actually was illegal).

Any help would be much welcome!

I often run windowed when I'm debugging. I force it to use the fullscreen by using...

WinX=0;

WinY=0;

WinW=1920;

WinH=1080;

WinDefW=1920;

WinDefH=1080;

...in my (write-protected) arma2oa.cfg. On my system the taskbar is topmost but that suits me and I've not looked at trying to remove it but you may find a way or may not mind.

I often run windowed when I'm debugging. I force it to use the fullscreen by using...

WinX=0;

WinY=0;

WinW=1920;

WinH=1080;

WinDefW=1920;

WinDefH=1080;

...in my (write-protected) arma2oa.cfg. On my system the taskbar is topmost but that suits me and I've not looked at trying to remove it but you may find a way or may not mind.

What folder is this arma2oa.cfg in? I want to try this out myself so I can record with windowed full screen in Xsplit.

Thanks,

You will find it in...

c:\users\[windows username]\My Documents\ArmA 2\ArmA2OA.cfg

You can click Alt + Enter for switching back between Windows and Fullscreen mode.

WinX=0;

WinY=0;

WinW=1920;

WinH=1080;

WinDefW=1920;

WinDefH=1080;

What does

winX=16;

winY=32;

do?
You can click Alt + Enter for switching back between Windows and Fullscreen mode.

Cool, thanks man

My Arma 2 OA and DayZ both start in windowed mode, and I don't want it to, how'd it change itself, and how can I fix it?

Thanks guys!

i just start the game with -window in the command line, then drag the window to the size you want it, then select advanced video tab and set 3d resolution back to 100%

so long as you dont drag the window again it remains that size. this is in win 7 64 pro

I also just go to the launch properties in steam and do -windowed -noborder and it works for me