Sign in to follow this  
maccyjam

When hosting dedicated server, upon joining server browser displayed

Hello,

I have tried hosting a dedicated server today for the first time. When me and my friend join it and it loads into the actual game, the server browser is displayed. If we press cancel on it, we are booted back to the main menu.

Any help?

Thanks in advance,

Just to confirm, when you select the mission, after a short time, you get bumped back to the mission list?

If so, this is usually because of an addon that is required by the mission, but you don't have.

Have a look at the server.rpt file, that might give you some clues as to what's going wrong.

Hey,

Thanks for the reply.

It turns out the server wasn't loading the server.cfg file, so I've solved it now.

But i have another, unrelated question: On MP, can I use the switch-to thing on AI squad mates?

Thanks in advance,

Guess you're talking about "Team Switch"? Depends on the mission, if mission-maker make it available or not.

What about Superpowers? Do you know if it's disabled on that?

Also, Can I save a game currently in progress? I know of persistent, but I want to shut down the server when we are finished, can we save it then reload it at a later date?

Thanks,

There is a big(?) SP vs MP difference, in how they work. You play single player, on your own computer, with/against AIs, cheat how much you like, save when you want, play missions the way you want. MP is a tiny different story, you play with/against other human players, they might want a slightly different outcome of the game than you. They even gonna make a different plan than you to win the mission. And we all wanna play fair, don't we? That's why most of the "handy options" in SP (a.o. save-game) ain't possible in MP. It might be possible with addons, but who care?

Sorry Mac, you have to start the mission from scratch (maybe with a better plan this time <-the most common end comment when you fail a MP mission) :)