Sign in to follow this  
royaltyinexile

Community Nutritional Information

We've got some fresh info to share - how'd you like to see it presented?  

214 members have voted

1. 1. We've got some fresh info to share - how'd you like to see it presented?

• Dev Blogs
    • Report In
    • Community Q&As
    • Behind the Scenes
    • Other (please specify)

At this stage in the project, a lot of very important features are at a point where they're changing and improving (surviving and adapting?)

So.. umm which features didnt survive ? :-X

So.. umm which features didnt survive ? :-X

Where did he say anything about features that didn't survive? He said features are changing and improving.

All of it ;) take turns with them, first month is Dev blog, next month Report In!1!!!1, then Q&A, then the Behind the scenes, or as I'd like to call it, the great dev binge.

I would like to see some developer diaries, like this video
... how you making Arma3, behind the scenes etc.

Hell no. The last thing I want to see Bohemia doing is acting like so many hipster asshat devs who consider themselves movie stars like they are important or something with all that over the top lighting shining in their faces.

Of course I wouldn't mind seeing nothing but a pure gameplay video with Crowe's voice explaining what's going on - but that's it. That should be the limit.

sweetjesus.jpg

Curses it's like browsing a sampler cheese cakea nd you can't decide which type you want. We're all more than anxious to see how the game is progressing but many of us are also curious to see what the team does behind it, and as always there are plenty of questions to ask along with understanding the features. What about the idea of rotating? Say one month is Q&A, next is dev blog or so, etc?

If I had to take one though I'd say dev blog for now, as it's been quite hush hush naturally we're all VERY curious to see what you've been busy with and how the next iteration of Arma will build upon and go beyond it's predecessors.

Is there any chance of a high res for the bottommost right pic? Would love to have that as a desktop.

Edited by NodUnit

Hell no. The last thing I want to see Bohemia doing is acting like so many hipster asshat devs who consider themselves movie stars like they are important or something with all that over the top lighting shining in their faces.

Of course I wouldn't mind seeing nothing but a pure gameplay video with Crowe's voice explaining what's going on - but that's it. That should be the limit.

+1

I was about to post something like this. And here is example, how definitely should not looks like ;)

bQ2Zyd7UMYo

disgusting dev diary, so fake :p

How is the outside so meticulously shaped and smoothed yet the interior has hideous smooth shading errors ಠ_ಠ

How is the outside so meticulously shaped and smoothed yet the interior has hideous smooth shading errors ಠ_ಠ

I was wondering the same thing....especially on a flat surface.

Abs

It's funnier how during the whole video they don't talk about the most important thing in a game - the gameplay - at all. Yet half of the video is devs being filmed on camera praising Microsoft. And the other half is "look at teh graphx".

With BIS for starters I just want to see them proving that AI can actually fight indoors well - as they've said it can. I want to see the improved medic system in action. I want to see what they have carried to ArmA3 from Take On. I will really be surprised if it won't be just a flight model, but actual interactive cockpits with monitors and indicators that are not just a static texture. And finally Ivan said ArmA3 gets stuff from VBS2 so what is that stuff? This is actually a hint to you BIS, I'm sure I'm not alone here with these questions.

Do something with nifty videos. Do some world building, think movie trailers. I don´t want to learn about the dry facts of how many vehicles, this and that type of weapon, I want to get involved in the world and get a feel for the story. A3 may just be the first game of the arma series with an exciting story to it. Get creative, prove that you´re artists first, military realism researcher scientists second.

That´s at least my opinion :I

I voted dev blogs, those where really indepth and informative.

Otherwhise go the Wolfire route and post a video update every monday! :o :D

Pack all the information around a high explosive device which you shall then proceed to detonate in the stratosphere over Europe and/or the Americas, after which tidbits of information will rain down on the chosen few :yay:

Dev Blogs

Pack all the information around a high explosive device which you shall then proceed to detonate in the stratosphere over Europe and/or the Americas, after which tidbits of information will rain down on the chosen few :yay:

Dev Blogs

Noooo!!! That's too unrealistic!!!! /Sarcasm

Devblogs please. Some good stuff in there - I will always remember the 'Interpolating the Future' blog - a groundbreaking moment.

I would also like to see a Dev Diary at the end that goes through the process of building a campaign mission (a real one, rather than an example one)- it would be interesting to see how you guys do it and the pitfalls you have. I am not talking about a tutorial, but more about the process - decisions, mistakes, cool bits of script you were proud of...

Also,

• Plenty of screenshots and gameplay when you have it.
  • Info on any scripting changes.
  • An 'honest' assessment of performance - would be nice to see what rigs you are testing it on. A lot of us are looking to upgrade around the time of release and it would be good to see what you are using.
  • Pre-release betas :p No? Oh well I had to ask!

LOL at thread title when I saw that i was like wtf bbq

I voted for SHARE ALL THE THINGS AND MAKE ALL THE THINGS!

It would be cool if we got a short podcast with the developers talking about said features and some videos or screens in the background.

Otherwise I voted for Dev Blogs would like to read about the renderer on RV 4

Also, isn't the "Report In!" and developer blog essentially the same thing?

Yeah its kinda hard to see quality in screens that are that small. Hope to see some large versions of those screens soon TM.

Sweet. Can't wait for more info (vids!). Arma 3 is my most anticipated game of the 2012, please dont delay it any further :)

Moar everything!!!! Those shots look outstanding on just about every level imo.

Arma 3 is my most anticipated game of the 2012, please dont delay it any further

Nah, War of the Roses -Arma3 most wanted of 2013 :P

I would like to see dev blogs on how you are going to tackle the gameplay side of things. So far all i have seen is screenshots and videos but what is most (or at least more than equally) important is gameplay. Especially multiplayer!

* Will the control scheme stay the same? (If it does then i will not get the game, seriously)

* Are you dedicated to fixing lag issues until they can't be noticed anymore?

* Performance issues, in titles past we players have reached a point where hardware updates simply doesn't make the game any faster no matter what we do. (For instance, OFP1985 still isn't as smooth as it should be on today's hardware)

These and many more points revolving around game play where one can actually enjoy the game beyond the simulation aspect of it. I want to feel like I AM the soldier, not someone sitting at a computer monitor remote controlling a fleshy robot in a fishbowl.

please, please, please, please, please, please, and please have it like when you announce ArmA 3. those riddles and puzzle where the community search and find things related was really cool. it would be different then all the other competitor and best of all we all take part of it.

Whatever it is, please include at least one screenshot with it. Have a picture accompany every report that is released, whether it's any of the poll choices.

i would like developer blog/ report in.

PLUS, i think some behind the screens info/pics would be cool as well, via twitter or facebook.