Sign in to follow this  
kylania

Take On: Hinds!

Take On: Hinds! Go buy it now!

Bez-n%C3%A1zvu-11.jpg

• Range of Hind Variants - Mi-24 V, Mi-24 P and Mi-35 Super Hind models included.
  • Realistic Sound Effects - Samples recorded from real-life Hind helicopters for an extra level of detail.
  • Paint Schemes - Over 25 different liveries, covering most nations operating the gunship.
  • Singleplayer Challenges - A variety of light, medium & heavy airframes & cockpits modelled with stunning detail.
  • Singleplayer Challenges - A set of gameplay challenges showcasing ground attacks and aerial support.
  • Time Trials - Put the helicopter through its paces in 5 tough timed checkpoint races.
  • Multiplayer Gameplay - New adversarial scenarios available over LAN or Internet; battle it out against other Hind teams.
  • Military Content - Expanded military content of all sorts: weapons, vehicles and static objects.
  • Retractable Landing Gear - Functional wheels, wheel brakes and manual retracting.
  • Improved Weapons Systems - Enhanced targeting of guided missiles.

Blow up Seattle as the Russians! :)

Edited by kylania

Might be good for training on gunships ready for A3. Might consider buying it when it comes out/I get some money.

Improved Weapons Systems - Enhanced targeting of guided missiles.

This sounds interesting. Hope we see improvement over the simple tab lock system.

Manual guidance by the gunner is the way to go!

The Hind is certainly an excellent addition - personally I like to see TKOH open up to non Civilian gameplay.

But remember the game is so flexible to support both / many different ways to play it alongside just fine.

Our team's pilot likes to do EVAC or HOT insert missions most. :)

I would like to know what they mean by "Improved Weapons Systems - Enhanced targeting of guided missiles."?

Pre-ordered of course. This is gonna be legen... wait for it...

Who do I need to buy a pivo for to get this as a ArmA 2* or ArmA 3 DLC as well? :sigh:

Regardless, I'm ordering. I love the Hind :pet5:

*(the sounds and Super Hind that is)

Edited by colossus

Pre-ordered of course. This is gonna be legen... wait for it...

DARY!

:P

This system with DLCs and other games to make every game profit from each other turns out to be pretty awesome. Wecanhazrallysimulator next?

I just bought the bundle today because I heard about the expansion. Can't wait to play it! :D

Abs

Paint Schemes - Over 25 different liveries, covering most nations operating the gunship.

I hope that there will also be the 221st Attack Helicopter Squadron camouflage of the Czech Air Force:war:

Mil_Mi-24V_Czech_Air_Force,_reg._7356_28.5.11.jpg

Def gonna get this, looks awesome.

I don't have TOH but I might get it just to get this....

hopefully they do a Take On: Apache as well. That would be epic!

Gonna buy it so we get more DLC. BiS- how about Huey, and SAR: Medevac'ish campain?:D

SamB

Please BIS stick in the Takistan or preferably Chernarus map for those who don't have Arma, it's smaller + more place to hi(n)de then better for adversarial scenarios.

Depends on how detailed the cockpit is and what you can do with it, if for example Mi-24 weapon and visual systems are controlled by clicking switches in the cockpit and Mi-35 is done via MPD button, and the visual systems would be displayed in said screens then I'd have no issue forking over 20 someodd for that and a new weapon system plus the ability to turn what was for the most part a civilian game into a more military game.

Furthermore they released tools for us to add out own into TKOH before announcing this DLC so I'm more encouraged rather than feeling as though they would be denying modidng in order to squeeze the DLC savings. That said however technicly we have not yet seen these and as such I'll be waiting for purchase until we get some examples of how things look or behave with this.

SUPERHIND!, wow nice job BIS it looks good, finally a hind with a decent cannon. Those are INGWE missiles on there aswell :icon14: . Awesome even if the name is wrong, its just Superhind MkII, III, IV or V. Or Mi-24 Superhind, since most of them come from Mi-24s. Algeria and Azerbaijan are the only operators I know of.

This sounds interesting. Hope we see improvement over the simple tab lock system.

Manual guidance by the gunner is the way to go!

Well don't all Russian Hinds use SACLOS weapons which are commanded properly by gunner in Arma already(non-tab). For the Superhind, the INGWE is a SACLOS beam riding missile so should be no huge diff there. BUT they could give it the Mokopa, which is LOAL, LOBL with either Semi active laser, or Radar, or Imaging Infrared(So a like Hellfire and Javelin). It is also capable of using Hellfires aswell anyway. So maybe its in there.

Edited by SAbre4809

Quick question will the DLC's work like the arma dlc's. I.e. where everyone starts with low detail textures but if they buy the dlc they get the full rez ones?

Doubt it, afterall the DLC for A2 could be considered 'just more units' with a few patch fixes whereas this would be transforming adding a whole new system and game type to TKOH.

Here is the problem though: while civil airframe is good without all the fancy avionics, without a proper avionic simulation, I don't think this good enough for a combat airframe:raisebrow:

I want to ask a question: Will twin-engine helicopter show its advantage over single engine one? For example, can the game express the effect that the twin-engine helicopter can still fly for a while when one of its engines is damaged?

I'm excited. Definately getting this!

@msy: You can fly the med and heavy heli with only one engine running so I assume yes (you can't really lift anything though).