Sign in to follow this  
kylania

Take On: Hinds!

The standard A2 Hind cockpits were pretty much the best out of all the helicopters, so I don't think we will be disappointed at all.

The standard A2 Hind cockpits were pretty much the best out of all the helicopters, so I don't think we will be disappointed at all.

Yes, but still no any screenshot of VC. Buy and I'll see? :)

Edited by _YoYo_

Yes, but still no any screenshot of VC. Buy and I'll see? :)

That's what I did. :D

Ah, bugger.. Figured this wasn't available yet (00:30 GMT +1). Guessing it's downloadable at around noon today?

Ah, bugger.. Figured this wasn't available yet (00:30 GMT +1). Guessing it's downloadable at around noon today?

so is it out yet? what's the ETA as I am quite looking forward to giving it a whirl.

Well, the download seems to be activated now, although I can't get either the Sprocket downloader or direct browser download to work. Also, I think we will need the serial number also, which will be emailed out. I haven't got any email yet.

Release will probably be somewhere this afternoon.

it's nightime here 15 March.

it's nightime here 15 March.

BIS runs on CZ time, welcome to how the rest of Europe feel when waiting on a US developed game. :P

Well, the download seems to be activated now, although I can't get either the Sprocket downloader or direct browser download to work. Also, I think we will need the serial number also, which will be emailed out. I haven't got any email yet.

Status quo. The key has appeared, but no active download link yet.

One would think that a release date would require a certain amount of preparation, in order to launch the product within regular working hours. But that isn't to say they didn't have problems along the way - it would, however, be nice to hear from them if that was the case.

Hey, I got my serial number now!! Not in an email, but it's listed on the store site. But the download doesn't seem to be activated yet. But this probably means it is very close now.

Can we get some clarification about the Steam release please?

I want to buy it on Steam because that is where I bought TKOH but there is no evidence of it on Steam whatsoever.

Are you releasing it on Steam?

Will the sprocket version of 'Hind' work with the Steam version of TKOH?

We are preparing the versions currently, so hopefully it will get released within hours on Sprocket. We are releasing on Steam and are already preparing the release. I cannot guarantee it will be available there at the exact same time as Sprocket (not having full control over Steam).

IIRC you should be able to import a non steam game into STEAM. Not sure how this would work with DLC though. I also recall that this question has been asked a bazillion times over on the arma 2 forums. Perhaps you can find an answer there.

Thanks for the info. I'd really rather purchase through Steam than Sprocket so hopefully it shows up today :)

Thanks for the info. I'd really rather purchase through Steam than Sprocket so hopefully it shows up today :)

why steam over sprocket? Sprocket supports BIS much better than Steam. And by support i meant in the monetary term.

Did something go wrong, BIS? Sprocket offers download but sprocket.exe does nothing and with manual download there is only 1.35KB Take_On_Helicopters_Hinds_Setup.exe for download available

why steam over sprocket? Sprocket supports BIS much better than Steam. And by support i meant in the monetary term.

Sprocket is BIS so always better to buy from there. Having said that, the Steam version of ToH seemed to differ from the non-steam version (probably the exe) so maybe he has to get the steam version.

Buyers choice though - if BIS didn't want people to buy from Steam, they would distribute it to Steam!

Coincidentally gog.com released Digital Integration's Hind today. :D

Hind overload! :cool:

I would say wait until you get the mail, or see news on the forum.

Did something go wrong, BIS? Sprocket offers download but sprocket.exe does nothing and with manual download there is only 1.35KB Take_On_Helicopters_Hinds_Setup.exe for download available

Just read DNA post above ;) , I have the same issue, we just have to be a little patient.

Well, payment details etc already set up on Steam and don't have to worry about patching etc. I'm not anti sprocket and I have used them before but if I can purchase via Steam, I prefer to.

There is also the issue of whether non Steam versions work with Steam versions which has not been clarified.