Sign in to follow this  
kylania

Take On: Hinds!

For a price that is 171% of those for the A2OA DLCs, a SP campaign would be nice...

How many SP Challenges will be included?

hmm,

I am going to be very brave and say i think its to early for myself ,i still have at least 6 months out of the TOH to play.

however i do hope it brings more players to the Genre and this helps with Feedback for small bugs left in the Actual Engine.

I think it would be wise to have got Java out the door first then feedabck can be contained to one Game + Java , because now we can have

TOH = some bugs ( maybe flight model only )

ToH + FXAA =low fps

TOH + FXAA + PPAA = Low Fps

but soon we have :

TOH + java = BUG

TOH + TohHind+Java = Bug

TohHind +java = Bug

ToH + FXAA =low fps

TOH + FXAA + PPAA = Low Fps

ToHind + FXAA =low fps

TOHind + FXAA + PPAA = Low Fps

etc etc , seems like a nightmare for such small community at this time ,better to make sure 99.9% ok TOH before allowing it to mate with Military enhancement ?

or am i missing something as usual :)

Why should FXAA or SMAA lead to low fps? It should be quite the opposite because its shader tech, right?

I think you got the wrong idea there. People's benchmarks also indicate opposite to your statement.

How should Java make the game buggy? It is not like it will affect existing content or the game.

hmm dont know what to say , in some way your reply really re-iterates my point .

i really think there is language barrier in place or something to be honest i cant make any sense of your reply sorry.

to me you are saying that messing with shaders does not affect FPS and that when someone reports a bug they should not explain what set up they are playing with .

however i am saying they can create low fps and Bugs will appear its inevitable because some are already present ,my fear is why not iron them out with single Game relaease TOH then move on to expansions ?

to expain more clearly i said

TOH + java = BUG

this means someone found a bug when playing with this set up , not that java is the bug

you said

How should Java make the game buggy?

clearly its mistake of interpretation of post i think

again

Why should FXAA or SMAA lead to low fps? It should be quite the opposite because its shader tech, right?

absolutely not , i lose 1/3rd FPS with wrong settings with these , where are these LOWER fps stats ?

For fps stats:

# OA beta threads

# Custom Memory Allocator for engine since b85869

# PvPscene Benchmark Suite

# Testing the external dlls and integrate tweaks by BI itself

# Reading the blog posts about the tech by the guys who developed these

Don't get me wrong - I only stating my results, impressions and what I read. I could be still wrong.

---

Again how should the Java API make ToH buggy? It will only effect the game if people actually use it.

As it is not used by ToH content, missions or scripts at this point, I cannot see how it should make it buggy.

And even then it will only cause "scripting / java" issues and not effect other parts of the game.

Edited by .kju [PvPscene]

Yes, I am very stoked about FXAA+hardcoded sharpen in ToH betas, it really gives me no FPS hit at all with settings shown in my signature. And from my testing with recent A2OA beta, SMAA will give even better performance than the FXAA (but I haven't tried SMAA yet with ToH). With ToH already being so computer-intensive on higher quality settings, the recent advanced AA implementations are stellar.

Again how should the Java API make ToH buggy? It will only effect the game if people actually use it.

As it is not used by ToH content, missions or scripts at this point, I cannot see how it should make it buggy.

And even then it will only cause "scripting / java" issues and not effect other parts of the game.

thanks for links

I will check my own settings further but i am losing FPS badly when alter

PPAA ,FSAA and FXAA settings in toh.cfg .

at moment i keep like this

AToC=0;

FSAA=4;

FXAA=0;

PPAA=0;

As for the java question , i really cannot make sense of your question sorry, at first i thought it was simple mis interpretation but with this new addendum , i cant relate your new question to my original post about Multiple possible set ups and varying results = bug shooting nightmare Vs toh only .

Edited by Thromp

i don't get the complaint tho ...

post-process based AA is optional same as full-screen AA

by default it's disabled

also PPAA is way faster than FSAA (especially FXAA and lower quality SMAA)

ability to combine FSAA with PPAA yields best quality results

users can now decide what suits theirs system in both visual and performance area

hmm there is a complaint ?

i thought isaid it was ill advised to add more possible set ups to what there is now before all things ironed out ?

i have no complaints , i am enjoying TOH and this small community :) .

ah sorry then, well, we are trying iron things out ... await new TOH beta next week

Pre-ordered Take On Helicopters: Hinds. Can't wait to play with the new features!

So, what's the price supposed to be? It's selling for $16.99 on the BI Store, but the announcement that RiE posted yesterday says you can pre-order it for $12.99? Am I getting my $4 back or did you wanna just apply it towards A3 for me? :)

So, what's the price supposed to be? It's selling for $16.99 on the BI Store, but the announcement that RiE posted yesterday says you can pre-order it for $12.99? Am I getting my $4 back or did you wanna just apply it towards A3 for me? :)

I think it's €12.99, not $12.99.

I'm a complete noob here atm. Thought I'd get that out first of all ;)

How is this going to work?

Is TKOH-Hinds a paid add-on, or is it completely stand-alone?

I understand alot of this community also has ARMA, which I don't have either (looks interesting, but it's quite intimidating when you go to their main site and see "A2", "A2FR", "A2CO", "A2OA", "A2RFT", "A2BAF", "A2PMC", etc.,..)

I looked at two of the Arma versions above and still can't figure out if they've got 7 different games listed, or if it's a general upgrading through paid addons which has brought them to a final version.

Then I have to wonder if this game ("TKOH") is about to take the same path? TKOH, TKOH:H, TKOH:?, TKOH:??, etc,.,

I'd just like to get a foot-hold on how this company works before I go any further.

Take On: Hinds is a paid addon to Take On: Helicopters (TKOH) game.

I have Arma 2 (A2) and Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead (A2OA). Both merged are Arma 2: Combined Operations (A2CO). There are two paid addons to Arma 2 series, but I don't have them yet.

Long story short: It's a paid addon.

But see this: with each release of a DLC for ArmA2 OA came engine improvements to the whole game. BIS is kinda finnancing their long term support with DLCs.

btw:

A2 = ArmA2

FR stands for "free" it's a low res version of arma with the single player disabled.

CO: Combined Operations. ArmA2 + Operation Arrowhead (see below)

OA: Operation Arrowhead a standalone expansion. (Can be combined with A2FR for a "CO Lite")

RFT: A lite version of OA + the 2 DLCs namely BAF + PMC

BAF: British Armed Forces a DLC/paid addon for OA. If you haven't paid it you get low res textures and no singleplayer missions/campaigns.

PMC: Private Military Contractory(company?) a DLC/paid addon for OA. Same as BAF.

For starters I'd advise A2FR to test it online, then A2CO.

edit:

michal beat me to it :P

Fffff BI I just bought TOH and now you´re already coming up with addons. You want me to throw all my money at you, don´t you. Don´t you.

Seriously though, I like this. Depending on wether or not I like TOH, this may be an insta-buy.

No SP campaign? :<

Because it's too pricey for just skins and detailed cockpits

I support BIS, have for a long time. but i would like to see a properly fleshed out FM for these that quiet closely replicates the actual hanlding and characteristics, as well as a nice SP campaign sort of like the EW campaign for arma2. Are the nav and weapon systems inside properly modelled too?

pleasantly surprised to see these - but after the whole FM thing which is still not properly resolved I'd like to see a bit more info before buying.

edit - and a map like cherausus would be great for a bit of much needed variety.

Edited by twisted

I just got an email from sprocket offering a 25% discount on Hinds 'cause I recently* bought TOH. Guess I'm going to preorder once I get home!

*I didn't know last Juli counts as recently :D

I just got an email from sprocket offering a 25% discount on Hinds 'cause I recently* bought TOH. Guess I'm going to preorder once I get home!

Wow, I preordered TKOH:H several minutes after it became available and they are actually refunding me so I can get that discount. I wub yoo BIS!

yep same email here, all the persuasion I needed... :D

*I didn't know last Juli counts as recently :D

Yep - I just received a refund from them - wondered why that was!