Sign in to follow this  
demowhc

Wrong serial key & failed to load pmc.pbo.. Halp!

Fresh install of ArmA2 & reinforcements, I have looked in various threads but no luck. Running steam as admin doesnt help, I dont see any registry entries or anything else. w..t..f.. is this. :mad:

untitlwtfffffffffffffff.jpg

69112648.jpg

:(:

so You have STEAM's ARMA 2

and then installed ARMA 2: RFT (both OA and DLCs) from DVD ?

did You updated the game with to 1.60 patch

Hey dwarden I actually posted over at rage3d in more detail if it helps, and thanks for the quick reply. Yes A2 in Steam, then RFT from disk. I tried to update the game with 1.60 but it says wrong CD key during installation. Am I meant to apply 1.60 patch to A2 or RFT? I only tried to run it after installing RFT.

Edited by demowhc

yeah i noticed Your WTF is this shi*t demotivator :) on rage3D

A2 is completely separated to A2: RFT (RFT is A2: OA w/o ANY single player contet + full BAF and PMC)

ARMA 2 is older engine (atm. at version 1.11), not compatible (MP gamewise and data) with newer OA

ARMA 2: OA and ARMA 2: RFT is newest engine (atm. at version 1.60 final, 1.61 beta)

technically i don't get why you not bought A2: OA + BAF + PMC when they were at 50% discount on STEAM

anyway about Your problem

where You installed the RFT

i'm confused why the STEAM starts ARMA 2 game as ARMA 2: RFT (arma2rft.exe) and not (arma2.exe)

I bought ArmA2 at release on steam. RFT on disk at release, you told me on rage3d I could merge them and I did, and it worked fine. I have built a new PC and now they wont merge.

I also have OA on disk from release. A2 and OA merge fine and I can play them, its only when trying to add the PMC & BAF DLC I get the error of wrong key.

i have theory ,

YOU do have ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead on STEAM or else too ? (not RFT)

and then You installed RFT right ? that's wrong, install ONLY these DLCs (it's option in the installer) separately

I have retail OA and RFT, and A2 is on steam. Yes I tried to only install the DLC but same issue. I also tried again without OA and only RFT on top of A2, same issue again. No matter what I do, RFT DLC gives me errors.

---------- Post added at 03:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:17 PM ----------

You may not like this, but I downloaded a crack and now it works, although obviously no MP for RFT. Thats fine, I can play MP through OA or vanilla A2. This will do untill ArmA3 lol.

---------- Post added at 03:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:22 PM ----------

thanks for you help dwarden, everything works now, kind of lol.

you crazy ? you don't need any cracks as 1.60 has no DRM ... that's like asking for 'mr. trojan i want some rootkit bonus'

your problem lays elsewhere than copy-protection ... i would say failed install / missing entries in registry or garbled one (e.g. product key)

the product install order is

1. install ARMA 2 on STEAM (it's already 1.11 so no need patch)

2. run once ARMA 2

3. install ARMA 2: OA

4. run ARMA 2: OA

5. update ARMA 2: OA with 1.60 patch (in theory this could be skipped and just step 7 enough but better safe than sorry)

6. install DLC only from the RFT DVD, both BAF and PMC (this mean no RFT just the DLCs - different setup option)

7. update again with 1.60 patch (to apply BAF and PMC patch)

8. run ARMA 2: OA

note: i hope that A2: OA retail is legal build ;)

Edited by Dwarden

Those instructions are exactly what I did several times, and each time after the final installation of the DLC I could not install the 1.60 patch, nor could I run the game, both giving me the wrong key error. I see on your forums many other people have had the same issue.

And of course it is a legit build, I have A2, OA and RFT all legit, you think I would ask for help from you with a ripped copy??

i have weird idea... you maybe got the very old RFT DVD ... with bugged DLC setup/option

You need download this (don't use the setup on DVD)

http://www.arma2.com/index.php?option=com_rokdownloads&view=file&Itemid=20&id=748%3Aarma-2-reinforcements-dlcs-setup-utility〈=en

File: ARMA 2: Reinforcements DLCs Setup Utility

This application installs the DLCs to your ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead or

ARMA 2: Combined Operations directory from your original ARMA 2 Reinforcements

DVD.

Use only if you are having trouble using the

“Install only BAF and PMC†button in the Autorun of the ARMA 2:

Reinforcements!

the early RFT DVDs had trouble with the installer if only DLCs should be installed

so download and run this with RFT disc in DVD

and tell us result (ofcourse get rid of RFT first)

Thanks Dwarden, that didnt seem to help, but I managed to get everything installed and working anyway lol, I dont know how.. the patch installers were going crazy telling me I had the wrong keys or didnt have RFT or OA installed but they installed anyway (wtf?).. anyway everything is installed and working along with the beta patch, SMAA looks good and everything is running great, thanks for your help. :)