Sign in to follow this  
magnus28

Invasion 44 CO (Warfare BE) Server - come play with us!

Greetings !

Not sure if this should have been posted here, or in the User Missions section - as it contains elements of both.

As some of you are aware, the I44 team has been hard at work putting the finishing touches on the latest version of this magnificent mod. No word as of yet as to the release of 2.6, but i'm sure we are excited to see it's debut.

In the meantime, those of you who need to satisfy your Invasion '44 itch, feel free to drop in and join us on the only dedicated I44 CO warfare server. Just plug in teamdeadly into your filter, and you're in business.

We are having such good success with the I44 CTI mission, that we have dedicated a server to run it almost 24/7. There are so many servers out there running vanilla Warfare BE 2.071, that we thought it would be beneficial to the gaming community to offer something different and readily available. Each night at our peak we get about 8-10 players on at a given time, which is not bad, but we could do a lot better. Most of the reason our server isn't at capacity on a daily basis is so many users have a hard time connecting to our servers. This is usually to do with a missing addon, or an incompatible expansion. Each night I see 20+ users connect, and then get kicked off by the server because the were missing something.

Here I will provide a checklist to ensure you stay connected to the server:

1. Our server is Combined Ops, you won't get to play with us unless you are running in CO mode.

2. The two addons required to play are @I44CO : http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?117585-Invasion-1944-v2-5-(CO) (.exe installer) or here: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?117585-Invasion-1944-v2-5-(CO) (.zip reccomended for steam users or people who install addons through folders) and @CBA: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=6231

3. Our server sometimes doesn't like the expansions BAF and PMC, so if you have those installed, uninstall them , besides they aren't used on our server anyway.

easy as 1,2,3, !

We have boatloads of fun every night, and we usually run Takistan map, as it is a little easier on client side resources (I44CO+Warfare BE is intense on fps).

hope to see you there, and if you see me in game say hi!

.da.Death_Garde

I'm happy to see an I44 dedicated server around. I've been looking for one of these for a long time. I love the Garand, can't wait to actually use one in MP.

How many players does the server usually have?

What is the problem with BAF and PMC? I have those expansions installed, and they can be very useful sometimes.

If your server isn't accepting people with BAF or PMC installed, then your server is improperly installed/configured. It should work quite fine.

Make sure that you are not installing BAF/PMC full on your server, the light versions with OA are what's supposed to be on the server.

If your server isn't accepting people with BAF or PMC installed, then your server is improperly installed/configured. It should work quite fine.

Make sure that you are not installing BAF/PMC full on your server, the light versions with OA are what's supposed to be on the server.

Yeah, I've got no idea what he's talking about. The BAF/PMC issue with v2 signatures was fixed in 1.60.

i didn't say it won't let you on if you have those expansions enabled, just in the past we were having issues with people getting booted off. I also said that the server doesn't use either of these expansions, so no point having them enabled.

as per how many users are on at a time, it varies. usually from 4-10 seems to be the norm.

The whole reason for posting this thread is that 90% of the pubs that join us getting kicked off by the server for not having the proper addons installed. I was merely pointing out what people need to do in order to stay connected in an attempt to boost the amount of players we have on every night.

How does Takistan relate to 1944? Why not Chernarus? Would seem a better match? FPS?

hey BadgerDK, to answer your question, We do have both Chernarus and Takistan.

The thing you have to realize is that I44CO Warfare BE Doesn't run as well as regular Warfare BE.

For starters, the current Warfare BE 2.071 is a huge file with hundreds of scripts running in the background, on top of that you have the I44CO mod, which adds many more hundreds of scripts. So trying to run this on the client side is a massive hit on your system resources. To give you an example, I can run vanilla Warfare BE for an hour and still get 60fps on high settings. On our I44 Warfare server, It usually drops to 30-35 fps after an hour.

Takistan runs A LOT more smoothly than Chernarus. If you think Takistan isn't an appropriate setting for Warfare, you are wrong. The entire Africa campaign was fought in a desert with the Afrika Corps vs. The Desert Rats.

In our server it is the Americans vs. the Germans - a perfect setting. That's not saying we don't ever run Chernarus, just that until the new version of I44 comes out in the next few weeks, Tak seems to run nicer.

Hope to see you on the battlefield!

edit: most of the german armor already has Desert Cam!!

Thank you for such a great reply, you are the lion king of these forums.

I will make a point of visiting you servers some time next week and perhaps get a couple of my squaddies to come along. See you on the field of glory :)

If you think Takistan isn't an appropriate setting for Warfare, you are wrong

I think Takistan is a terrible map for warfare because the AI can't navigate it worth a shit and there's like nowhere to put bases without them getting found the instant a helicopter is in the air.

lucky for us that Helicopters didn't exist in '44 hey Goss?

The AI can't navigate worth a shit in Chernarus either. And AI gunners in tanks don't work well either. You ask a co-driver in a T34 to engage a target, and the ai will do nothing.

We are held ransom by the limitations of the engine, I just can't believe that after 2 years, and with the recent fix of 158 tweaks they haven't addressed some major config issues like gunners not engaging at will, or not engaging at all.

anyway, that's another thread....

BTW Gossamer, where abouts in Ontario are you? I'm stationed in CFB Petawawa ...

Badger, thx for the Cudos! I look forward to seeing you play with us. You know I44CO 2.6 is just around the corner, and i'm also working on a Variant of the Stuka that I hope to see in future versions.

These guys do an awesome job with the mod, and every day I see more new faces on the server.

Cheers! and bring your mates!

Tonight is our squad night (I guess Sunday morning for you guys) so stop in and say Hi!

My in game name is .d.a.Death_garde

BTW Gossamer, where abouts in Ontario are you? I'm stationed in CFB Petawawa ...

Hahaha I'm like 2 hours away from you, over in North Bay.

I have a few friends from Petawawa/Pembrooke area.

If you are looking for more players to come and join your server/clan then post it here.

Uh, actually, that's wrong, Haz. Backseat moderating isn't appreciated either....

1. I did not mean it like that and I was not being nasty either. 2. I was just saying that he should advertise his server more thats all :). 3. Do not accuse me of backseat moderating when your doing it yourself.

Jeah I was by a long time searching something like that. I remember how much fun it was in OFP to play in 44 style :).

Hope my old computer will get it to run - cya

over - *kchhhhtschk*

Hi,

Have you got a TS server running? Might see you later for a bit of post mod development R&R. Not played I44 for a while so would be good to have a blast again.

1. I did not mean it like that and I was not being nasty either. 2. I was just saying that he should advertise his server more thats all :). 3. Do not accuse me of backseat moderating when your doing it yourself.

1. What?

2. That thread is for squads/clans, not servers. If the OP was moved there, the mods would get mad.

3. I am? I wasn't aware of that. What it sounded to me what you were saying is "This does not belong here, move it over there," essentially doing the mods' job for them without permission. I'm not sure if you were trying to say something else and I misinterpreted it. :)

@OP: When are people usually on the server? I've tried to get on a few times, but no one ever seems to be around. :(

This server is full? or have a good number of people? how can i find this server? (sorry, im new and im not english, i try to read the text but... puuffff) im looking for I44 Servers, i can find some server with a good number of peoples?

I will try to join soon,

A a warfare gamestyle on 1944 mod should be really nice and fun

Downloading 2.6 see you soon!

Hi, I jumped on your server over the weekend and was getting some sporadic lag every five minutes or so which would last for about a minute (as if a huge script was running in the background - down to 1fps client side). No script errors or anything (and nothing in the report) just fps lag. I hopped over to my own server to make sure it wasn't my internet connection and that was fine (I think it was running Domination W ACE Takistan at the time).

I seem to remember I44 doing this occaisionally on my own server a while back, so I have put the new version up and it is as smooth as butter (they have done a really, really good job). Are you planning to move your version to 2.6? I guess you'll need to tweak warfare a bit as well to cope with any class changes?

Hey guys, I just wanted to congratulate you on the hosting of the server. I've been playing on it for about 2 weeks now and absolutely love it, thank you.

One problem I have been getting though, is that when I destroy enemy vehicles, specifically tanks, I will not receive any money for the kill. I know this has been a problem on some ACE Warfare games I've played. Is this a known problem?

I was wondering if anyone had any answers to my question.

Also, does this server have it's own TS3, or does TeamDeadly host a general TS3 server?

Hello, inst this mod supported for steam users?

The reason I ask is because off

1. the game asks me to run CBA_OA even when I run combined operations from steam.

2. I get a alot of errors of different things not found.

3. WHen i start the invasion mission every soldier is swimming and arround and when the cutscene is done I die.

Such a great mod, really sad to see that no bigger servers with lots of people are hosting it.

This server is still up BTW, just under the name "I44 CTI" (search for that in your filter).