I'm glad you liked the mission, and thanks for your feedback! Some of it I can explain, and some of it I can fix.
Response to bugs:
- About mission start: I know what you mean, and this is a problem that I have not really managed to solve. As I wrote in the ReadMe.txt, my suggestion is that you start mission in a "clean" way. Start server, log in as admin (if on dedicated), players connect, players green up, admin continue. Also, do not restart mission on server, instead restart server. In that way it always works for me. I'm sorry about this! I hope to fix it soon, and if anyone knows how to fix this, please PM me. I think it has something to do with Norrin's Revive script.
- About start positions: Since the start position is true random, it will naturally offer different levels of difficulty. Hint is, use your patience and wait for a good moment. Armored patrols and traffic move over the whole map, so you can wait them out. Close to a city is also a greater challenge, but at the same time the escape moment is something that you can become better at. During development I've done it many many times on my own, and almost succeeds every time. Try to figure out how I do it!
Response to feedback:
- During beta testing we have not played it during nighttime. I can very well imagine that there are some stuff that need to be tweaked (like night visions). I'll see what I can do!
- Param "Enemy - Few" primarily lower the amount of AI soldiers in a group, and it also affects the ambient military traffic a little. A gameplay hint is to use "run and hide" tactics. Most armors is just ambient traffic, and they will not know about you until they actually see you. I want to prohibit players from just stealing a car and run away from enemies too easily. And again, traffic is random, so sometimes you end up in situations with much armor. When attacking a communication center on the other hand, I understand what you mean. The option "Enemy - Few" does not affect comcenters defences as it of course should do. Expect a fix for that!
- Regarding backpacks I have not thought about it. Thanks for the idea, I'll see what I can do about it!
Response to edit/port mission:
Please do! It should be quite easy to port since I've had that in mind all the time during development. I have plans to port it to Takistan myself. PM me if you need details about it! I'd be glad if you then reference me in some way. Engima (with G and I in opposite order ).