Sign in to follow this  
Angus S

Replacement Config

i resolved. some modify classes m203muzzle undefined param make unreplace originals but dnot show error message when arma 2 compile .pbo. Thanks Synide "your own unique class variant name that inherits most of the properties/attributes of the 'original' BIS variant" anyway iam working in a replace addon but make others modifications for each weapon and that make the problem,but is ok now.

Need support now about key "L"(BIS accesories weapon key) i wanna make cycling on/off IR laser Flashlight

mmm..#include "\ca\editor\Data\Scripts\dikCodes.h"?

Need The magic number!!

how convert: effective range in meters to dispersion in radians?

example:

Effective range: 850 yards (780 m)

dispersion = 0.????;

Effective range is the range at which 50% of your rounds will impact some standard target size. What size is that target? Who knows. I guess it depends on the weapon type. The best thing to do would be to search for the weapon's accuracy in MoA or mils.

Otherwise I guess if it's a small arm, you could figure out the area of one of those man shaped torso targets by doing an analysis of simple shapes like half a circle plus two rectangles or something (if you know its dimensions), then do an inverse circle area function to find the radius of a circle with twice that area, then use trigonometry to find the angle of a circle where side A and B is the circle's radius and the maximum effective range respectively, then double that angle.

doing a little algebra, this may or may not be correct, so you'll have to check it anyways... It has been a while.

angle of dispersion = 2 * arctan ( sqrt ( ( 2 * area of a standard target ) / ( maximum effective range * pi ) ) )

Edited by Max Power

if

pistol = 50m effective range

dispersion = 0.02

assault rifle = 500m effective range

dispersion = 0.002

0.02 * 50 = 0.002 * 500 = ?

? = 1

then

dispersion = 1 / effective range

example:

effective range = 800 meters

dispersion = 0.00125

Edited by PFC Magician

The ingame unit is in radians. 2*pi radians = 360 degrees. 1 angular mil ~ 1 milliradian. Find the dispersion of the weapon you are looking for in mils, or convert from Minutes of Arc.

http://www.unitjuggler.com/convert-angle-from-arcmin-to-mil.html

I moved your post from the other thread. Next time don't crosspost.

Edited by Max Power