Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Developer post in this thread.  

Thread: ARMA 2: OA beta build 89025 (1.60 MP compatible build, post 1.60 release)

steering boats with the mouse feels now more precise but it's now impossible to drive a boat only with the keyboard (e.g. doing a u-turn)

+1 the response is pretty smooth and controls of cars are more fluid

3.   Click here to go to the next Developer post in this thread.   #13
    Author of the Thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Muahaha View Post
    As I wrote, car controls did not change yet, only a visual indicator was added for them. Experimental new car controls will be present in the next beta.

---------- Post added at 18:44 ---------- Previous post was at 18:42 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Master85 View Post
    steering boats with the mouse feels now more precise but it's now impossible to drive a boat only with the keyboard (e.g. doing a u-turn)
    Good find, will be fixed.
    Ondrej Spanel, BIS Lead Programmer

Quote Originally Posted by Suma View Post
    As I wrote, car controls did not change yet, only a visual indicator was added for them. Experimental new car controls will be present in the next beta.

---------- Post added at 18:44 ---------- Previous post was at 18:42 ----------

ahhh must be my mind playing tricks on me with the cursor.... must get some sleep i guess...

My impressions:

I'm all for the new system! The advantage is that when you drive a curve (e.g. to the left), you don't need to steer back to the right if you want to go staight forward again. This is something that for me has been annoying as hell because driving with the mouse was very very complicated (and with the keyboard pretty dangerous because the keyboard input only knows 0 or 100%).

This "point the target and the vehicle steers to get there" really is a great improvement (or should I say: a re-introduction) of driving! Looking forward to check out the cars!

Quote Originally Posted by Master85 View Post
    but it's now impossible to drive a boat only with the keyboard (e.g. doing a u-turn)
    Yes, I agree!

When you have moved the mouse to one side (let's say to the right) but then want to continue steering with the keyboard and press and hold the left key, the boat will begin turning left but after 2 seconds will go to the right again. It feels as the mouse steering still is "locked" and the keyboard input is useless - not sure how to discribe it... It's still improveable though.

Black Lands | Resistance Campaign for Arma 2: CO
    For The Life Of A Friend | SP scenario for Arma 2: CO

Hello
    I loaded an AI driver in truck and MHQ on the Domi map and with this beta I cant give him movement commands (W,A,D,S)
    Thank you Bis for your ongoing support

OK disregard .... guess this is normal tested on older and is the same ...must be in a something with a weapon on it to work
    Last edited by mousetrap; Feb 3 2012 at 19:52.

I'm glad to see improvements in that area.

Please consider the following feature tickets:
    https://dev-heaven.net/issues/8540
    https://dev-heaven.net/issues/13218
    https://dev-heaven.net/issues/13242

Just a note, afaik BF3 implements #8540

[/COLOR]
    ahhh must be my mind playing tricks on me with the cursor.... must get some sleep i guess...
    Actually, I though the same thing, its more fluid than it used to be...

Quote Originally Posted by Bee8190 View Post
    [/COLOR]

Actually, I though the same thing, its more fluid than it used to be...
    Me too, its a conspiracy I tell thee

Overall the new handling of boats feels much better/smoother.
    Commanding Jools and Jops Since 1993.
    Wanna hear my music?
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Ten Bensons View Post
    Me too, its a conspiracy I tell thee
    Ha! Me three. The visual direction indicator for cars led me to steer with the mouse like I did for the boat, and made me think that there had been a steering change. Even without any changes, steering a car with the mouse is pretty cool!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast