Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Developer post in this thread.  

Thread: ARMA 2: OA beta build 89025 (1.60 MP compatible build, post 1.60 release)

Hybrid View

1.   Click here to go to the next Developer post in this thread.   #1

Question ARMA 2: OA beta build 89025 (1.60 MP compatible build, post 1.60 release)

Download at http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

[89021] Experimental: A different way to handle mouse steering is implemented for boats.
    [89011] New: A cursor is shown to provide a visual feedback when steering a car.
    Please, provide a feedback for the mouse steering improvements. We plan to extend the new "experimental" boat steering to all land vehicles, unless the feedback will be you do not like it. Note: Veterans between you may notice the new steering should resemble the Cold War Crisis vehicle steering in may aspects. The idea is you point the target and the vehicle steers to get there.
    Ondrej Spanel, BIS Lead Programmer

Hmmm interesting .... will have to try this out !

Would this steering be optional if you decide to apply it to everything? I assume many people would find it difficult to get used to a change this big.

It seems to be rather okay for boats, but I'm quite concerned about how would this feel while driving cars.
    Being underground is too mainstream.

4.   Click here to go to the next Developer post in this thread.   #4
    Author of the Thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Cole View Post
    Would this steering be optional if you decide to apply it to everything? I assume many people would find it difficult to get used to a change this big.

It seems to be rather okay for boats, but I'm quite concerned about how would this feel while driving cars.
    This depends on the community feedback. The initial beta builds will have only this "new" steering, but if the community will not like it, we shall see how to address that. Beside of making it optional, it might be also possible to improve it or to fix some particular issues it is causing.

The version for cars (and motos and tanks as well hopefully) should be ready to be tested on monday.

Quote Originally Posted by Suma View Post
    This depends on the community feedback. The initial beta builds will have only this "new" steering, but if the community will not like it, we shall see how to address that. Beside of making it optional, it might be also possible to improve it or to fix some particular issues it is causing.

The version for cars (and motos and tanks as well hopefully) should be ready to be tested on monday.

maybe analog gas and a brake?

Quote Originally Posted by HERR VADER View Post
    maybe analog gas and a brake?
    +1
    I'm all for that.
    Marek Spanel: [...] Every single element is well taught so that it fits together. So this is a significant change, because with ArmA 1 it was just random, really.
    We made some units because we had to. There wasn't much passion from our side with the first ArmA, to be honest. This time it's different. (Videogamer.com Interview

Please BIS: Arma2 must become a TRUE MASTERPIECE - Not a middle-heavy catastrophe!

Many people were shocked to find that guns started to have recoil in BIS games in 2010. They adjusted. That was a bigger change.
    ArmA2: "Doc, I'm wounded, I can barely aim and I'm bleeding badly, come on pull my body out of the harm's way and treat me before I die!"
    ArmA3: "You are wounded! Click to instantly regenerate health whenever you feel like it!"

Giving 'authenticity' an entirely new meaning, together with Medal of Honor.

Thumbs up

I give the changes a big thumbs-up for driving boats. Very precise, fluid control, and fun, too. I say go for it. Well done.

Quote Originally Posted by OMAC View Post
    I give the changes a big thumbs-up for driving boats. Very precise, fluid control, and fun, too. I say go for it. Well done.
    Love the changes to controls.Still don't know how to map the controller but the other changes are great .
    -i7 950 cpu-@ 3.9ghz h50 corsair push/pull fans @ 33* C idle
    -ASUS RampageIII Extreme MB-
    -EVGA SC GTX580(stock clocked)
    -6gigs Patriot viper extreme DDR3 8.9.8.24 Mem-
    -Crucial c300 for ARMA2(doesn't make a bit of difference over the WD Black drive)
    -WD 1T black carvair at 6G SATA-
    -Ultra LSX 750wt Powersupply-
    -Windows 7 pro 64 bit-

Unfortunately since the last 3 beta-builds heavy Z-Fightning seems to be back. I have also a big graphical clitch since I've activated FXAA and FSAA.
    It only appears when I am at 1000m or above in helicopter or jumping into AO. Around me the terrain gets weird black spots allover it and is then z-fighting
    to normal terrain. I don't know if this is a driver issue or a bug.

P.S.: Screenshot when requested!

Greetings
    CriminalMinds

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast