Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Developer post in this thread.  

Thread: ARMA 2: OA beta build 89096 (1.60 MP compatible build, post 1.60 release)

1.   Click here to go to the next Developer post in this thread.   #1

ARMA 2: OA beta build 89096 (1.60 MP compatible build, post 1.60 release)

as promised by SUMA additional improvements for new/improved vehicle controls

http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

[89086] Experimental: A different way to handle mouse steering is implemented for cars, tanks, boats and bikes.
    [89079] Fixed: Multiple reload sounds in mp (see https://dev-heaven.net/issues/28201)

Last edited by folgore_airborne; Feb 6 2012 at 23:07.

3.   Click here to go to the next Developer post in this thread.   #3
    Author of the Thread
    btw. not yet supported by BE

Hey Dwarden! Have you catched the new Z-Fightning issues or do you need a repro with screens or something on CIT?

Edit: Testing in progress....

Cheers
    CriminalMinds

Hi Dwarden, I'm stil aiting for a fix for the not working missile warning in various aircraft (see CIT tickets in signature)...or is this not fixable in a beta?

Nice, new beta.

Gonna check if cars get the gamepad/joystick problem now like it had with boats in prev. beta.

Also, while on the sounds - the BAF tank that has been missing impact sound for HE maybe can be adressed?

Thanks BIS!

Quote Originally Posted by CriminalMinds View Post
    Hey Dwarden! Have you catched the new Z-Fightning issues or do you need a repro with screens or something on CIT?

Edit: Testing in progress....

Cheers
    CriminalMinds
    I said in a previous thread that I had the issue, but couldn't repro it. I figured out how to do it. This is in the previous beta (not this one but 89025 or whatever):

Basically it seems to be a time-based issue. In my test mission in Cherno, I spawned as an M107 sniper on a mountain peak just over 1200m or so away from Chernogorsk, facing it. I zoom in with the scope towards Cherno, and there is little to no Z-fighting. Then I turn my attention to some enemy units I placed, not in Cherno but about 700m from my spawn position (originally this was a basic sniper test mission for me to get better with sniping). I shoot at them for awhile, end up killing them all (takes a minute or two), and then turn my attention back to Chernogorsk. This time there is HEAVY Z-fighting on all buildings there. I tried to capture a screenshot but since it's more of a flickering it didn't really work. I could try to FRAPs it possibly, but in any case it is definitely there.
    Core i7 920 @ 3.995 GHz, HT off
    12 GB OCZ DDR3-1600
    Galaxy GTX 680 (light overclock)
    Samsung 830 Series 256 GB SSD
    Windows 7 Pro x64

ArmA2/OA Settings:
    1920x1080 w/ View Distance at ~3600
    Video Memory at Default
    MSAA Very High, AToC=0, SMAA Ultra
    Post Processing at Very Low
    All other settings at Very High

8.   This is the last Developer post in this thread.   #8
    Author of the Thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex72 View Post
    Nice, new beta.

Gonna check if cars get the gamepad/joystick problem now like it had with boats in prev. beta.

Also, while on the sounds - the BAF tank that has been missing impact sound for HE maybe can be adressed?

Thanks BIS!
    got CIT ticket? if not please create and link

With the DS in this build I get some DLL dependency errors, is that by design, i.e should I install the MS VC DLL's?

Event Type: Error
    Event Source: SideBySide
    Event Category: None
    Event ID: 59
    Date: 2012-02-06
    Time: 20:09:56
    User: N/A
    Computer: TOSH-A100
    Description:
    Generate Activation Context failed for D:\Games\ArmA II\Expansion\Beta\dll\tbb3malloc_bi.dll. Reference error message: The operation completed successfully.

Event Type: Error
    Event Source: SideBySide
    Event Category: None
    Event ID: 59
    Date: 2012-02-06
    Time: 20:09:56
    User: N/A
    Computer: TOSH-A100
    Description:
    Resolve Partial Assembly failed for Microsoft.VC80.CRT. Reference error message: The referenced assembly is not installed on your system.

and so on...
    RPT-file

================================================== ===================
    == D:\Games\ArmA II\Expansion\Beta\arma2oaserver.exe
    == "D:\Games\ArmA II\Expansion\Beta\arma2oaserver.exe" -mod=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion -config=Users\Server\Server_Settings.cfg -cfg=Users\Server\Server_Network.cfg -name=Server -profiles=d:\games\ARMAII~1\ -port=3302
    ================================================== ===================
    Exe timestamp: 2012/02/06 18:12:29
    Current time: 2012/02/06 20:10:22

Version 1.60.89098

Rolling back the DS to build 88982 and the errors are gone...

/KC
    >> The journey is the reward! <<

Quote Originally Posted by Dwarden View Post
    got CIT ticket? if not please create and link
    Did not have a ticket. However the problem is not there anymore in this beta. Boats behave as they should when using gamepad.

I like the new steering. Works well.

EDIT: After some more testing im not sure i like the auto centering that happens when you steer. Tested to drive around with a tank and when i move the mouse to follow a corner it tries to auto center which makes it a bit erratic. Would be nicer if the "steeringwheel" stayed at the position you leave it at. Just my opinion anyway.
    Last edited by Alex72; Feb 6 2012 at 21:05.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast