Sign in to follow this  
buliwyf

ARMA 2: OA beta build 88962 (1.60 MP compatible build, post 1.60 release)

This sounds great - grabbing my joystick now ...

Is anyone else having a graphical issue with this build? Its like dynamic contrast but worse, and painfully obvious at night.

Basically when you move the brightness/contrast "dips". I have checked all drivers/settings and they are fine, I also reverted back to 1.60 and there is no problem. (Sorry if this is a bit vague, i have never posted in the beta thread)

try older beta, also make sure you dont have some very old beta data relict

try older beta, also make sure you dont have some very old beta data relict

I rolled backed to 88850 and the problem is still there, i dont know if i am doing this correctly though do i need to uninstall the old beta, or can it be overwritten (which is what i did :oops:)

EDIT: Ok so i uninstalled beta, how can i tell that i dont have old beta stuff, my ArmA folder is quite messy

I rolled backed to 88850 and the problem is still there, i dont know if i am doing this correctly though do i need to uninstall the old beta, or can it be overwritten (which is what i did :oops:)

EDIT: Ok so i uninstalled beta, how can i tell that i dont have old beta stuff, my ArmA folder is quite messy

Don't ever "uninstall" the beta. The uninstaller is messy ... just delete the "beta" folder in "\Arma2\expansion\" like any other mod.

Aggh i did uninstall the beta, im going to delete the folder in Arma2/exp and try an earlier beta. Thanks for the tip.

EDIT: Problem solved, thanks again.

Edited by Ten Bensons

The new throttle feature works well with my G940 setup - thanks for this - I never thought this would get fixed!! Now all we need is separate plane/helicopter control options so I can have a collective!

@ Ten Bensons

If you get problems with the vanilla install because of the uninstaller (it sometimes deletes original pbos in the vanilla install) try to reapply the 1.60 full patch first and retest before you re-install the whole game ... That should normally get rid of most problems.

---------- Post added at 06:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:45 PM ----------

The new throttle feature works well with my G940 setup - thanks for this - I never thought this would get fixed!! Now all we need is separate plane/helicopter control options so I can have a collective!

Jedra, did you try to set collective to the right throttle and thrust to the left? With different orientation of the axis? Have to fix my throttle wiring before I can test that setup ...

Edit: Oops, I guess that's TKOH ... :confused:

Edited by Guess Who

Edit: Oops, I guess that's TKOH ... :confused:

Lol - that's right - if they could just merge the control setup from ToH then that would be groovy! Not complaining though as to have this fixed after all this time is most excellent. Nice to have independant analogue air brakes on the planes too.

Excellent to see joysticks getting some fixes, thanks!

Would either of these fixes address the bug where your thrust is cut when you open some dialogue boxes? eg Chat, ESC menu, Player List, Show Status etc

so add two new separate controls for helicopter and ship right? :)

also people seems to ask lot that there should be separate per each control type

- mouse sensitivity

- invert options for mouse/controllers

- ability invert also X axis

do i missed something ?

and bikes.....

I just thought you guys were on a roll :)

http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

[88948] Improved: Airplane thrust and brakes can now be applied at the same time.

[88947] New: Full joystick axis can be mapped by mapping both positive and negative part of the same axis (map negative first to use the axis inverted) (https://dev-heaven.net/issues/3546)

:rolleyes:

Wow, very nice and unexspected. Now all we need is a detailed subsystem damage model for fixed wing aircraft (like helos alraedy have) and ArmA is close to be on par with softcore Simulations like the 3rd Wire "Strike Fighters" series.

Edited by Beagle
spelling

do i missed something ?

If you're going to improve this, then why limit separate controls to anything (such as for helicopter and ship and that's it). What about a system, where you can overload the default settings at any level of the class-hierarchy? Then, one could fine-tune from general vehicle-categories such as tanks, cars, ... up to specific vehicles. And it would be future proof. All you need is a nice class browser. :)

also people seems to ask lot that there should be separate per each control type

- mouse sensitivity

- invert options for mouse/controllers

- ability invert also X axis

do i missed something ?

-joystick dead zone control? :rolleyes:

yip yah... full control... Testing warthog now....

ok.. full mapping works on warthog throttle.. Just map -ve and +ve of one axis... ie -Z rot and +Z rot to the Increase thrust (anologue).

I had to set the control sliders for the Z axis of the throttle into the centre. Any other position it feels either like a S-curve or J-Curve (depending if -ve or +ve) is active... thanks..

Edited by gonk

Don't know if I'm just lucky but I've been ALT-TAB'ing in/out to the desktop all night without any issue.

/KC

Don't know if I'm just lucky but I've been ALT-TAB'ing in/out to the desktop all night without any issue.

/KC

I've been able to Alt-Tab in ArmA2/OA with no issues for a long time. Not doubting that some people have issues with it but I'm not sure anything in particular changed in this beta that is related.

does the f-35 lost the possibility to vstol ?? can´t get it to work bei switching on autohover. somebody did also get this, or is it only me.

otherwise the throttle is working now perfectly in jets and choppers !! thx bis

does the f-35 lost the possibility to vstol ?? can´t get it to work bei switching on autohover. somebody did also get this, or is it only me.

otherwise the throttle is working now perfectly in jets and choppers !! thx bis

Upon more testing... I think it is been like this for along time.. I don't use auto-hover that much... But you will need to use Q and Z to perform a VTOL manoeuvre. Don't know if it is a bug or feature.... Have you checked the CIT ?

Edited by gonk

You need to "move the flaps" to change the angle of the thrust with a HOTAS. ;)

Can someone enlighten me what is the new feature for joystick? I got a logictech force3D but never used it on arma2 as the controls seems different comparing to other flight sims.

Can someone enlighten me what is the new feature for joystick? I got a logictech force3D but never used it on arma2 as the controls seems different comparing to other flight sims.

Previously only 'half' the axis was mapped, so you had throttle '+' was thrust and throttle '-' was brake. This was a little brutal and made it particularly difficult to perform delicate manouvers (such as a hover). Now you can define both '+' and '-' to throttle which gives back the full axis, plus you now can brake and throttle at the same time.