Sign in to follow this  
R0adki11

ERA Blocks On Russian Armour

when i added ERA plates to the side of a certain vehicle, i just made a large rectangle with some angles on the end to match the outline of the real things, and textured it with dark lines to break up the blocks

Are you modelling with O2?

I will be modeling with 02, ive hardly any proper experiencing with modeling, so not sure where to begin on.

I will be modeling with 02, ive hardly any proper experiencing with modeling, so not sure where to begin on.

If you have no experience (or little) with modelling, i would suggest you start with blender since it is free. Much better modelling tools than O2...

as to where t beging with, i'll always say the same: start with something simple

I wish I had the time to learn another program, working full time and other commitments means I dont have the time to learn another program. But thanks for your suggestion. I will have ago in O2 initially, or release the era version at a later date.

Well you could start with some ERA blocks from another existing addon. I know Vilas has a few ERA equipped tanks and he is always willing to share. Drop him a PM. simple.... cut paste... re-path....re-texture

@wld427 thanks for the suggestion, ive dropped Vilas a PM.

@FLv*VeNoM* thats a good find, thanks :)

Hi All,

Ive added some ERA Blocks to a T55 model, ive added the selections to the model.cfg and the selections are present in 02 correct as far as i can tell. Yet when i load the tank in game, the blocks on the turret don't move with the turret. As can be seen in this screenshot: http://naf.8bit-online.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/era_error.jpg

If anyone could point me in the right direction of how to fix this, i would be most appreciated.

Thanks

Hi All,

Ive added some ERA Blocks to a T55 model, ive added the selections to the model.cfg and the selections are present in 02 correct as far as i can tell. Yet when i load the tank in game, the blocks on the turret don't move with the turret. As can be seen in this screenshot: http://naf.8bit-online.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/era_error.jpg

If anyone could point me in the right direction of how to fix this, i would be most appreciated.

Thanks

easy fix :) select the turret and the ERA tiles you want to move with it

right click on the turret selection and pick redefine

easy fix :) select the turret and the ERA tiles you want to move with it

right click on the turret selection and pick redefine

Ive tried that, doesnt seem to be working :S

odd, worked for me

try clicking on the turret selection then do what i said

youll know its worked if you click another selecton then go back to turret

odd, worked for me

try clicking on the turret selection then do what i said

youll know its worked if you click another selecton then go back to turret

what is the main turret selection? ive got quite a few selections which are part of the turret, these are ok. Is there a named selection for a turret specifically? Ive added the ERA blocks to one of these selection and redefined, and it didnt work. Im probably doing it wrong :(.

It would probably help if i added a screenshot of the model in 02, i can't do that at the moment, in work at the moment. I will post one up later.

Turret selection used to be named "OtocVez" and from what i see here in the wiki, it's still the case :

class CfgModels {

class YourModel: InheritedFromSomeWhere
{
class Animations:Animations
{
  class MainTurret
  {
   type="rotationY";
   source="mainTurret";//The controller that provides input above
   selection="OtocVez";//The name of the skeleton bone used.
   axis="OsaVeze";//name of the axis in the model.

Edited by ProfTournesol

oh woops...yea i renamed them to gun/turret rather then czech

Turret selection used to be named "OtocVez" and from what i see here in the wiki, it's still the case :

class CfgModels {

class YourModel: InheritedFromSomeWhere
{
class Animations:Animations
{
  class MainTurret
  {
   type="rotationY";
   source="mainTurret";//The controller that provides input above
   selection="OtocVez";//The name of the skeleton bone used.
   axis="OsaVeze";//name of the axis in the model.

Thanks that worked perfectly :)

hope to release the T55 soon, just doing some final testing. Might try add some desert camo too :)