5 Variants

Variants include:

Harrier GR9 Heavy CAS,

Harrier GR9 General Purpose,

Harrier GR9 Air-Air,

Harrier GR9 Shadow storm (As requested from Evil_Brownie),

Harrier GR9 Default BIS lgbs,

Notes:

Sorry it's took me so long to release something so simple. I simply wanted to test it in my clans Current campaigns to make sure it was perfect (Operation Oryx & Operation Linstock Check www.16aa.net for details.)

you guys will be happy to know that the harrier performed fantastically well during the operations, therefore I've decided to release it. there may be one or two tiny bugs, but we can iron them out as them come.[/ b]

Installation:

Unzip the @Harrier Gr9 Mod into your arma2 directory and launch game with this mod included.

OR

Unzip the Harrier.pbo file into your another custom mod folder.

You can find these retextured Harriers are listed under BLUFOR->BAF->AIR.

BIS' BAF DLC is recommended (but not required) as the Pilot and Crew are BAF models.

Currently undergoing some major changes for a V2.00 in the future! keep tuned :)

Download

:yay::yay::yay:

Enjoy :)

Edited by WingsOfDeath

Nope had it already hence the big grin all over my face still...but good info for thoses who dont know:)

Kudos on the release! Just tried it out. Once again thanks for leaving the Stormshadow version ;)

All i noticed was that the missiles and bombs were mounted way below the pylons, sort of hovering in mid air, just below the pylons (on all variants except the default one). Can anyone else confirm this? (I'm guessing its related to the weapons, not the model)

Kudos on the release! Just tried it out. Once again thanks for leaving the Stormshadow version ;)

All i noticed was that the missiles and bombs were mounted way below the pylons, sort of hovering in mid air, just below the pylons (on all variants except the default one). Can anyone else confirm this? (I'm guessing its related to the weapons, not the model)

Its normal mate. Its just the way we had to do the weapons to ensure they could be swapped on the Typhoon and other RKSL Stuff (The GLT/FRL Pack would have the same issue). The AV8B model hasn't been modified to accept them properly.

Its normal mate. Its just the way we had to do the weapons to ensure they could be swapped on the Typhoon and other RKSL Stuff (The GLT/FRL Pack would have the same issue). The AV8B model hasn't been modified to accept them properly.

Ahh I see. Thanks for the clearing up :)

Love the VTOL performance, much better than the BI. Can I ask you to make a minor cosmetic improvement to your model? I would like to see the wheels spin on the gear. BI model doesnt have spinning wheels for some reason. I guess they figured its a hovering jet and all, but I think if you choose to taxi to run way it would be goot to see the wheel on the gear spin.

Ya that would make my day

Cheers

Thanks for all the Mirrors guys :) should be starting some new projects soon, as well as a V2 for the harrier although, not official as of yet. :)

Yep. You can even hold it hovering.

Just a quik question, I'ved looked on a couple of sites but have yet to find a VSTOL/STOVOL script. Anyone know where I might find one?

Thanks!

Just a quik question, I'ved looked on a couple of sites but have yet to find a VSTOL/STOVOL script. Anyone know where I might find one?

Thanks!

you do it by himself, using SetPot and SetVelocity things.

like i did in OFP:R times for Su-25 crCTI fork ;-)

sadly i nearly completely forgot even syntax :[ just recently found trying make simple mod for SP].

Gents,

First of all. Great work on the add-on. Currently I am working on a re-skin of the BIS Harrier AV-8B. It's kind of redoing the work, but I hope you will like it nonetheless. I have requested the permission to the use of this add-on as a basis for employing my skins. For the addon, I would also like to know what kind of loadouts are possible with the RKSL pack? Can I make a loadout with two sidewinders, two GBUs and two Wingtanks? Can we add a lantirn on the bottom?

Some sneak previews will follow shortly. In sum, I have made four versions. I have named them Harrier GR.X (ten) as the model is not really resembling the GR.9; the skins are as follows: GR.X No.3Sqn - 90's NATO green version. GR.X No.3Sqn - 00's Operational Grey version. GR.X No.3Sqn - 10's final flight tail paint version. GR.X No.1Sqn - 10's final flight heritage grey/green camouflage version.

I hope you guys can help me out.

Cheers,

Kaz

As promised: a sneak-preview of the Harrier in operational grey and heritage grey/green:

arma2oa+2014-02-09+12-55-01-91.jpg

arma2oa+2014-02-09+12-54-10-25.jpg

arma2oa+2014-02-09+12-49-24-12.jpg

arma2oa+2014-02-09+12-51-31-61.jpg

arma2oa+2014-02-09+10-03-43-09.jpg

arma2oa+2014-02-09+10-03-48-69.jpg

arma2oa+2014-02-09+10-03-34-35.jpg

Edited by Kazimierz

NOTE: I know this is digging up old threads, but consider this a renewed topic on my work.

Gents,

Apparently, the author of this modification has not been on-line for about a year. I need help of someone in the community to compile my textures into a finished add-on.

My preference would be working with the already set-up version by WingsOfDeath, but that might be hard in implementing multiple skins.

Is some-one willing an able to help me out with this mod, so that others can enjoy my work on this project? It should be a matter of minutes/not hours to come up with the solution..

Thanks,

Kaz