Sign in to follow this  
echonyne

Error When Updating Arma2:Free+ Arma2: RFT With Update v1.60

Hi all,

I have successfully installed and played my copy of Arm2:Free.

But as I was suggested to merge my Arma2:Free with my Arma2:RFT I was doing the same and got some errors.

Please refer to my post here

Please do post the reply in that thread or in this thread wherever applicable.

(Sorry MODS for messing up a bit :D)

Please HELP:confused:

Thanks,

niner out

Do you also have OA? Or just RFT and A2F?

Do you also have OA? Or just RFT and A2F?

I already had arma2 Free and bought Arma2:RFT after checking out Arma2:Free :)

but I am not able to update them to v.1.60 :(

Did you uninstall RFT yet? And made sure all registry entries were removed?

yep.. I actually tried that twice but got the same error as in screen shots (link in my original post #1)

Yes as of now..I am playing A@F only.. RFT is uninstalled as of now (unless I get it to v1.60 :/ ) and registry cleaned.

can you please clarify me the directory structure (if I want to merge A2F & A2RFT)? like by default A2F installs itself in:

C:\Program Files(x86)\Bohemia Interactive\Arma 2 Free\

So while installing the A2:RFT over the A2F should I install it over the same directory like :

C:\Program Files(x86)\Bohemia Interactive\Arma 2 Free\

(and NOT like: C:\Program Files(x86)\Bohemia Interactive\Arma 2 Free\Bohemia Interactive\Arma 2 Reinforcements\)

umm..on the very same directory..? (if Yes..then hey I did the same thing :( )

Edited by echonyne

IMO better to keep it separate. Via registry support introduced by 1.60 they might integrate automatically already.

Otherwise its simple to achieve this on your own via the startup parameters/modline. (see the CO lite guide)

One more idea to see if its due to your system (broken registry or sth else) or not:

Make a new user account in windows, install RFT there and try to patch it directly to 1.60.

yea..I put my hands-up to v1.60 updater for arma2:RFT :|

gonna reinstall it separately (NO arma2:CO Lite), try patching it up to v1.59 or v1.60 (if it works)..

Thanks for helping me out so far :)

Yesterday night..I tried installing both first the v1.59 and the v.1.60 updates and both of them failed me.

:/ I dunno whats wrong with Arma2:RFT gonna have to wait till arma 3 I guess :'( + stick to arma:free..? :'( (tht suks n hurts :/ :( )

Again do this:

One more idea to see if its due to your system (broken registry or sth else) or not:

Make a new user account in windows, install RFT there and try to patch it directly to 1.60.

Again do this:

lol.. below is an FYI :) :

- I am a poweruser..one who regularly cleans his system of any junk files, dumps etc.

- clean registry daily* using ccleaner & manually* after any* s/w uninstallation :D

- for..Gods sakes..am an IT PRO here :P

ok..and changing user accounts won't help at all.

The error while updating (it with v1.60) my separately installed RFT copy (having v1.58) is below:

wstceu.png

Afterwards the update does continue and I get these errors..one after another for different filenames:

1orrqx.png

What I want to know is:

- Do I really need to buy OA first and then install and update my copy of RFT with 1.60?

- I tried updating my RFT copy with v1.59 update also and it isn't working..I am getting the same error as above ^

:(

From official website:

Arma 2: Reinforcements brings to the Armaversum two new factions - Her Majesty's Armed Forces and private contractors. Play it separately or combine with original Arma 2: Combined Operations for ultimate military combat experience.

There is no word that RFT can be played/updated together with A2Free content.

If you would buy each DLC (BAF, PMC) on its own it would require OA.

It can not be played seperately and does require the original game in order to be played.

Imo you better buy OA full or A2+OA full, there ain't no such thing as free lunch.

You have to ask yourself the question why it (appears to) work for everyone except you. :)

I dont rule out a problem of the game/installer/registry creation/patcher etc,

however in the end you have to find that out or simply by OA/CO instead.

ahh..thanks norailgunner but everyone else has been telling me that Arma2:RFT can be combined with arma2:Free :( (for arma2:CO Lite?)

anyway.. thanks for removing the doubt. :|

ahh..nvm i'll hang back to get Arma 3 :P