Sign in to follow this  
hcpookie

Ships, Naval Mines, and Naval Objects

I wanted to let everyone know that I uploaded the actual v2.1 MLOD with the P3D files! I crossed my wires with the original upload and accidentally uploaded the compressed PBO instead. Thanks to those who pointed out my error! Uploaded in the same place referenced in the 1st post...

Update on the "undestroyable" mines - took a back seat to some other things and I haven't had a good chance to sit down and fix them. I will take another look at them sometime this weekend.

Update: v2.2 released! Probably the last version for Arma2... next version most likely for A3 release.

See first post for download info.

water2a.jpg

v2.2: 9/3/2013

FIX: Inheritance Fix (for intermittent aircraft errors affecting BIS A10 and other aircraft)

FIX: Some animations on ships

IMPROVED: ASW ships and new ASW rearm depots in separate PBO (pook_water_ASW.pbo)

IMPROVED: Assault Boat armor panels

IMPROVED: Naval Mines are able to be destroyed by satchel charges, etc. This needs more testing; will probably not be improved any further for A2.

NEW: Ammo Reload Depots (ammo box) for the MDM and QuickStrike naval mines. Found in editor under "Empty > Ammo"

NEW: 8-man and 3-man rescue rafts. CIV faction. Moves VERY slowly just like a real raft. Signal flares for the "driver" station.

NEW: Tugboat. CIV and PMC (Independent) factions. Tugboat features numerous ladders and rope ladders for entry from water. Intended for ship-based anti-pirate operations. Accessible cargo area below decks. Working smoke stacks, horn and signal flares. Room for 6 cargo passengers. As with all BIS moving vehicles, you will be swept off the deck if it is moving. You must board her when she is stopped.

NEW: Freighter and Cargo Freighter. CIV and PMC (Independent) factions. This large vessel features loaded (cargo) and unloaded versions. Working ladders for access from water, and numerous ladder and stairwell entry points. Working doors on cargo containers... perfect for "find the objective" missions. Bonus: crow's nest sniper hide on front scaffold. As with all BIS moving vehicles, you will be swept off the deck if it is moving. You must board her when she is stopped.

NEW: Kayak - CIV faction. :)

Great to hear you working on these! Any chance to bring some of them into A3?

Yes of course once the tools are released.

FYI, as of right now they work. Using current AIA mod with A3 Beta. Only issues (so far) seem to be with inheritance for some multi-turret vehicles such as my SOC-R boat pack. Some RVMAT changes are in order as they are rendered differently in A3 to the point I'm seeing some strangeness, but overall looking "not bad" :) I'm really waiting for the official A3 toolset so as to ensure they aren't going to be missing anything... but for now they appear to be fully featured. Strange echo behavior with sounds, which I've read others to have the same problem with their sounds so there is obviously some tweaks to make there. But overall... not a bad start!

boatsbeta.jpg

These look great! I've been really wanting to do a SEALs vs Pirates mission and this looks like just the thing! Will download and try via AiA today :)

Thanks for this!

I'm really waiting for the official A3 toolset so as to ensure they aren't going to be missing anything... but for now they appear to be fully featured.
Hope you've gotten used to them by now... :D
Strange echo behavior with sounds, which I've read others to have the same problem with their sounds so there is obviously some tweaks to make there. But overall... not a bad start!
I believe that you use attentuationEffectType=""; in the ships' config.cpp to correct this, as per this thread.

No I haven't as I've moved to Colorado Springs and basically still living out of a box until we get a new house built :cool:

Work on Unsung Vietnam stuff is my main focus right now, and once I get to a point of completion I plan to sit down with a nice cup of coffee and iron these guys out for A3. Since these are basically feature-complete, I'll probably beta release them with just the attenuation settings and move forward from there. The texture issues may not be deal breakers after all.

Coming soon.... ZUBR class LCAC... the ultimate salt water bus!

zubr2.jpgzubrshow1.jpg

zubrshow2.jpg

zubrshow3.jpgzubrshow4.jpg

zubrshow5.jpgzubrshow6.jpg

Edited by hcpookie

yeah yeah :p

The zubr is working perfectly. As I have figured how to fix the lag killer in the docking scripts, I am going to polish up the Assault Boat (the one w/ 2 zodiacs on back) and then release an update.

Since A3 has real water actions I am looking forward to the aircraft-launched mine layers. They work in A2, but not much happens on the water. Those will be fun in MP settings :)

Now in assorted fruit flavors!

Taki-tan was inspired by the RL pics of the Greek Navy boats. The dark grey is the CDF independent faction, and the med. grey different flag is the NAPA version since it stands if CDF has them so does NAPA. Russian blue is a bit too blue IMO, but it isn't a deal breaker. So 4 different colors, 5 flags. No PLA ;)

zubrshowcase7.jpg

Edited by hcpookie

v3 uploaded! See first post for download info etc.

FIX: SCRIPT LAG on Assault Ship. Issue was the zodiac launch scripts. Replaced with new scripts!

NEW: ZUBR-class LCAC. ZUBR - the world's largest saltwater bus! :D

Features:

- Action menu item "Secure vehicle cargo" which attaches up to 6 land vehicles into cargo hold. Vehicles simply need to be near the ship to be loaded into cargo (about 50m).

- Action menu item "Unload Vehicles" which unloads all vehicles secured in cargo onto beach.

- Articulated ramps... requires engine Off to operate.

- 2x A-22 140mm rocket pods on bow of ship.

- 2x AK630 CIWS on midship.

- 4x Strela launcher / laser designator on commander turret.

- Working driver console gauges.

- 2x PBX able to deploy/retrieve via action menu items (n. Crew located to cargo positions upon retrieval.

- Deployable life rafts via action menu.

- Smoke shell countermeasures for beach landing.

- Fully walkable interior, although size of vessel may cause fall-through of model.

- Capable of carrying 150 (!) passengers in cargo.

- Articulated radome, hoverfans.

Updated mod v3.0 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Hey hcpookie , you can upload updates or new mods to withSIX yourself now!

Make your own promo page, get the power to release your work at your own point of choosing.

To learn more, follow this guide.

Wow, although I don't play ArmA 2 anymore, I can certainty appreciate your continued work on this, I was using this mod all the time ;)

I hope to see some of this stuff in ArmA 3 at one point, any plans for that or nah?

Kind regards,

Sanchez

The Zubr looks nice, does it have interiors or any load/unload cargo function?

NEW: ZUBR-class LCAC. ZUBR - the world's largest saltwater bus! :D

Sorry for the stupid question but how to put the soldiers in cargo of this bus? moveincargo command does not work.

Huh, that's interesting. I can get into cargo only from another crew position. I must be missing a few lines in the config. I'll look into it!

Update!

FIX: Zubr can now board AI cargo without needing to join group.

IMPROVED: Adjusted the propeller "vehicles" accuracy to be less detectable by AI. Should prevent the "unknown plane" callouts.

v1.1 of the Zubr is available here:

https://onedrive.live.com/?id=5B54FC51A7917265%212012&cid=5B54FC51A7917265&group=0

Note this is a replacement for ONLY the ZUBR- none of the other files are altered. Simply overwrite your existing pook_ZUBR PBO and bisign files and you're all set! :D

I'm uploading v3.1 of the complete package in case you really want to re-download the other PBO's again. :)

Edited by hcpookie