Sign in to follow this  
Αplion

[WIP] Mitilini Island + Greek units

Oh my GOD I cant believe I would see a greek island and greek units in Arma 2.

So you worked with this project in total silence and now it seems we could be one month away or at least not far away. Can you give an estimated release time?

THank you ( efxaristo poly ) in greek :)

Nikiforos ... I believe that in less than a month this package will be ready for release ... ;)

Varied grass please incl. the high one. What you have now looks dull. I know the reasoning but grass should be an obstacle much like a fence or tree leaves and it will look nice too.

this island looks really great!!!

greek island before arma 3: oh yeah!!!

Please watch out, as the residents of the island may complain about you creating it as a threat to their security. ;)

Just kidding. The naval base is my favourite, although the custom buildings also look pretty awesome. :) Keep it up.

Abs

The airport looks like it can handle any aircraft currently in Armaverse with ease. Great job!

Looks great Aplion!

.... ask that airport runways and taxi-ways are clear so big aircraft can move ;)

@Gnat ... yes mate the airport is capable for all kind of aircraft handling :) (for example a C-130 without flaps up needs about 2/3 of runway for takeoff).

And Gnat please my friend be so kind to check your PMs here ;)

Now regarding clutter ... I believe that I'll leave the "high grass" for ArmA 3 Limnos Island :) as in my opinion high grass may gives a better look in terrain but it causes difficulties when a player has to face an AI ... if you know what I mean ...

But anyway the island is still on WIP stage so I'll make some more tests with clutter ...

Thank you all for feedback.

@Gnat ... yes mate the airport is capable for all kind of aircraft handling :) (for example a C-130 without flaps up needs about 2/3 of runway for takeoff).

Actually, I meant buildings, fences and light-poles hitting wings ;)

Like B-52 can't move around many terrains ..... but then again, B-52 is big ;)

Got your PM. Answered :)

Gnat;2098751']Actually' date=' I meant buildings, fences and light-poles hitting wings ;)

Like B-52 can't move around many terrains ..... but then again, B-52 is big ;)

Got your PM. Answered :)[/quote']

To be honest I didn't try a B-52 as I thought that in fact Mitilini's airport is not really capable for such huge aircrafts (but again this is not an exact copy of Mitilini or its airport).

I think that a B-52 can be perform a landing or a takeoff but as you mention, there will be a problem in taxiways because of wing length. Sorry for that :)

btw you have another PM (I know ... being annoing).

Great job! Love new buildings. They are the ones that keep me from finishing my greek island - waiting on A3 ;)

An update for Gnat ... I just tried with a B-52 using an AI with "this land "LAND"" command ... a perfect landing ... no problem in taxiway ... a perfect takeoff using 2/3 of runway ... no problem for B-52 usage ;)

@IceBreakr ... you are working also on some Greek island ? maybe we could help each other if you like (just let me know) ... afterall two islands will be better than one and ofcourse my buildings are not the best buildings in arma as I'm still working on them and my knowledge is limited :)

An update for Gnat ... I just tried with a B-52 using an AI with "this land "LAND"" command ... a perfect landing ... no problem in taxiway ... a perfect takeoff using 2/3 of runway ... no problem for B-52 usage ;)

@IceBreakr ... you are working also on some Greek island ? maybe we could help each other if you like (just let me know) ... afterall two islands will be better than one and ofcourse my buildings are not the best buildings in arma as I'm still working on them and my knowledge is limited :)

Hey, well ArmA 3 will have similar buildings, so use some of BIS's official screens for inspiration:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS1yTrge7UM68wskysTT0vpF3e_lRZfzQZCUctSP_rwvI5KY7Fuzw

Great indeed!

Please, tell me also that Greek troops are working with ACE properly? And any chance of getting some of the HWM work ported, with their permission of course?

Greek troops are working with ACE properly?

Custom units need any special configuration to work with ACE?

:confused:

These units are just retextured so I don't believe that will be any problem in ACE.

Furthermore I've test them in ACE and I haven't found any problem.

Great !!

Thanks

I'm surprised no one commented, but that looks fookin' awesome! :O

Abs