Dynamic Weather Effects Script v2.00
by Engima of Östgöta Ops
(Download it at Armaholic)
As a mission designer I have always had problems with the weather. It has not been dynamic the way I want it to be, and I've always thought that it synchronizes terribly in multiplayer as soon I start experimenting with it (especially rain).
This is a simple script that makes the weather dynamic, and it works in single player, multiplayer (hosted and dedicated) and for JIPs. The weather is constantly changing over time intervals of the mission designer's choice. Weather is unpredictible, and above all it's always synchronized among all players in a multiplayer game!
Script handles fog, overcast, rain and wind.
Installation / Usage:
1. Copy the folder "Scripts" to your mission folder, or just make sure that the following file (and path) exists in your mission folder:
2. If the init file not already exists, create the init file (init.sqf) in the root of your mission folder.
3. In init.sqf, start the weather script by adding the the following line:
More information is in ReadMe.txt in package.Code:execVM "Scripts\DRN\DynamicWeatherEffects\DynamicWeatherEffects.sqf";
- Added section for mission makers to customize and tweak weather behaviour and details.
- Dependency to CommonLib.sqf deleted.
- Improved rain behaviour.
- Initial weather is passed as arguments.
- Slightly better performance.
- First version
Only tested on ArmA2 Operation Arrowhead Combined Operations.