Sign in to follow this  
kpowers70

How to combine OA and Arma 2 (standalone)

I'm new to the forums, so forgive me if this has been answered. A while back I purchased OA (digital download via Amazon). And I recently got the original version (same Amazon DD). I know, I should have just bought CO from the get go, but I didn't think I'd want more than OA.

Is there anyway to combine the games to use them under roof roof and not separately?

Thanks!

Patching up to 1.60 should integrate it automatically via registry. Make sure to run a2 once for it to create the registry entries.

Patching up to 1.60 should integrate it automatically via registry. Make sure to run a2 once for it to create the registry entries.

Hi there,

regarding this ..to run A2 once as to make sure the registry entries are generated.

I was integrating my Arma2:Free and Arma 2:RFT but while installing the v.160 update on the installation of Arma 2 :Free & Arma 2 :RFT on C:\Arma2

I came up with this weird error..while trying to run the update v.1.60 :

wstceu.png

After that when I clicked on OK..the install/updation started but I was again greeted by another error..and it kept on coming with different filenames:confused: :

1orrqx.png

Please excuse me if I had to create separate thread..but I am now back to installing Arma2:Free from scratch and that made me go mad :mad: all my extra download mission files all gone :eek:

BTW: my Arma2: RFT version is 1.58

Thanx,

niner out

Edited by echonyne
added Arma2:RFT version no.

Why should be your missions be gone? They are not in the game folder and will not be removed.

You should reinstall both A2F and RFT and patch them as needed.

Why should be your missions be gone? They are not in the game folder and will not be removed.

You should reinstall both A2F and RFT and patch them as needed.

LOL. No. . You misunderstood me..maps/mission i was talking about were of MULTIPLAYER. (and NOT of SP) I know arma:free dont have any mission in SP!

ANYWAYS. . Discussing abt this is not required, but what is required is to solve those errors and successfully install arma:CO Lite

please see my earlier post for error info.

Thanks

As said I would try to reinstall RFT (and A2F if needed).

I tried that too.

1st time it was on my arma 2 : Free (installed in C:\Progra....\Arma2 free\)

..>> got the same error (as above)

2nd time.. I tried reinstalling it from scratch (in C:\arma 2\)

..>>got the same error again :(

--

What do you suggest me regarding the error.. should I make a separate thread for this mate? :( I seriously want to play arma 2 RFt combined with arma 2 Free :) :) but can't due to the error I am facing while updating to v.160

Should I make a separate thread for this issue..? Please suggest this too.. :|

Edited by echonyne

I noticed that. I bought ArmA 2 from Steam and then ArmA 2: Operation Arrowhead on Steam. I used to use Steam to launch into Combined Operations, but I noticed that while even selecting ArmA 2: Operation Arrowhead after 1.60, it would still launch into Combined Operations.

So I have stopped using Steam and they still integrate. :yay: