Sign in to follow this  
darkdexter

dynamic mission request

just wondering,other than DMA, anyone here thought of making another dynamic missions which is solely for helicopter mission base?

If i knew how to make Dynamic missions id make one where you can fly a transport helicopters and just insert and extract troops in/and out of the battlefield... seems boring to some but in large scale multiplayer games( such as Project Reality) i usually just fly helicopters and transport fellow team members wherever they want to go. i thought it would be cool to do this in OFP at least in single player/campaign but just like DMA..

Much like those missions, script a bunch of transport missions inside one mission, then iterate in random order. Not really dynamic, but enough to maintain the impression for as long as they start to repeat themselves.

Making infantry AI play such mission by itself would be a lot of work. Way too much just to go mostly unnoticed as a mere backdrop for a transport mission.

---------- Post added at 12:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:12 PM ----------

If I were to make such a mission, I would probably modify a crCTI mission to feature transport chopper pilot role. The AI commander already does chopper insertions in it to attack enemy base, not sure if also to take towns.

the AI doesnt have to do a mission, someone can just make it seems like they did a mission. For example Papa Bear asked you to extract team alpha after a raid on an enemy compound (for example: Houdan), then as you fly to the Mission area there will be a trigger that will make Houdan in a destroyed state, such one building is on fire, surroundings are smoking, littered with enemy bodies and destroyed vehicles. That way it makes us players think that there were actually a firefight before. Then as we returned to base and report the successful extraction, the map will reset and load another scenario >>> Drop an engineer to this location so it can fix a broken vehicle therefore the convoy can continue on >>> Paradrop a recon squad to this isolated location >>> Medivac this injured soldier...>>> Transport a supply to this FOB >>? Strike a suspected insurgent leader's house >>> extract a captured prisoner >>>

All this are achievable just like how the CAT DYnamic Afghanistan mission where you try recon a downed friendly helicopter and rescue any survivor