Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: OA beta build 88738 (1.60 MP compatible build, post 1.60 release)

Does somebody noticed that sometimes dead units stand-up again for a split of a second? Imho this issue ("dead units are ghosting") was already fixed pre 1.60 but somehow its back again. :confused:

Does somebody noticed that sometimes dead units stand-up again for a split of a second? Imho this issue ("dead units are ghosting") was already fixed pre 1.60 but somehow its back again. :confused:

Yup, i see it regulary.Looks like its related to animation while the Ai is crawling or otherwise moving as when they're still i never seen them stand up as you describe...

Another, might be possibly ''old'' but anyways;

when Ai shoots manualy guided missile but i intercept quick enough to see he did so and shoot him down, the missile still hits its target.Always.

I should say that after the shooter is dead you can clearly see the missile taking the ''right'' course to its target, which in my opinion is quite nasty cheat

it would need repro mission to be sure ... w/o mods etc.

I have seen it on and off over the years but quite a bit yesterday. I was running a mission that ran me out of virtual memory and caused some serious throttling. There were periodic near-freezes and at the end of each one, a trio of corpses stood up on a hillside.

And it's all but impossible to reproduce unless you have fraps running all the time, so don't hold out hope. Limiting your FPS to something abysmal might do the trick, not sure.

I should say that after the shooter is dead you can clearly see the missile taking the ''right'' course to its target, which in my opinion is quite nasty cheat

If this is with a Hind missile or a Metis it is because the engine treats it like a fire-and-forget javelin. If it's with a TOW, then I have a question for you. Does it follow you even if you change position and movement direction? Or does it hit the spot the AI was aiming at when he died.

In any case, one of the many fixes ACE provides, if you're interested.

If this is with a Hind missile or a Metis it is because the engine treats it like a fire-and-forget javelin. If it's with a TOW, then I have a question for you. Does it follow you even if you change position and movement direction? Or does it hit the spot the AI was aiming at when he died.

In any case, one of the many fixes ACE provides, if you're interested.

Its a bug that really makes me angry from time to time, and no ACE doesn´t fix it really. If a BMP or a BRDM manages to fire a rocket at me before I kill it then this rocket will hit regardless of the BMP being dead.

And it's all but impossible to reproduce unless you have fraps running all the time, so don't hold out hope. Limiting your FPS to something abysmal might do the trick, not sure.
Perhaps try the new FPS cheat introduced in recent beta patches?

Its a bug that really makes me angry from time to time, and no ACE doesn´t fix it really. If a BMP or a BRDM manages to fire a rocket at me before I kill it then this rocket will hit regardless of the BMP being dead.

This is strange. I have checked the source code now and a manually guided missile control should be lost once the missile is out of the allowed range, or once the vehicle firing the is dead. Do you have a repro for this?

This is strange. I have checked the source code now and a manually guided missile control should be lost once the missile is out of the allowed range, or once the vehicle firing the is dead. Do you have a repro for this?
When is the vehicle considered dead in relation to the missile control?

damage _veh >= 1

!alive _veh

!canMove _veh

!alive (gunner _veh)

!alive (driver _veh)

!alive (commander _veh)

!alive _firingUnit || !(_firingUnit in _veh)

Perhaps try the new FPS cheat introduced in recent beta patches?

Those of us without numpads apparently aren't worthy of such luxuries as the dev console.

And as luck with have it, I have killed several BMPs recently (in ACE) that were tracking me with Konkurs. The rockets sagged into the ground as expected.

Sorry SUMA I didn´t express myself properly:

I am able to reproduce this with ACE, Vanilla woks. Especially the BMP2 in ACE shows this behaviour, I guess its because the vehicle doesn´t get destroyed immediately and the gunner is stil alive although he shouldn´t be able to guide the rocket any longer after such an desastrous hit.

Edited by Dwarden
fixed the nicknames :)

Personally, I'd rather see this fixed (it was partially but not fully):

https://dev-heaven.net/issues/24177

So annoying getting shot through foliage from like 200-300m away.

I strongly agree with MavericK96!

Why shouldn't you get shot through foliage?

Because if I can't see anything through foliage, why should the AI be able to magically see through it?

It's not about getting shot through it, it's about being impossibly seen through it by the AI.

Because if I can't see anything through foliage, why should the AI be able to magically see through it?

It's not about getting shot through it, it's about being impossibly seen through it by the AI.

But i can see thru foliage. I use AToC at 7. Thats why its Default at 7, so its equal-ish to the AI.

there is probably difference between see thru foliage (as whole and see thru parts of foliage)

from what i understood is that some clutter type don't cover at all (any values) while it should ...

feel free to update that CIT ticket, simple repro may help more than complex

Most grass in ArmA2 doesn't cover the prone soldier at all visually. And a prone soldier also pushes the grass down when lying removing whatever small concealment value there was. So AI (and in fact anyone) is able to see you if his eyes are above the grass, that includes being prone on a higher position like a hill slope, not just crouching or standing.

Now if both of his and your eyes are on the same level / same conditions and you can't see him but you still get shot - that's an issue and needs a ticket.

Many people just assume that hiding in the grass is like that game parents play with their small children where they cover their eyes with hands and go like "look I'm invisible". Doesn't work like that in ArmA I'm afraid (=

Edited by metalcraze