Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: OA beta build 88738 (1.60 MP compatible build, post 1.60 release)

http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

[88726] Fixed: Frequent client/server crashes in MP (when merging multipacket messages)

+ FXAAsharpen is now disabled for TI/NV views

step closer to stability :cool:

Just curious if its impossible to improve AI trigger discipline using light/heavy machineguns? Still they keep on firing when turning around or moving away which results often in friendly kills. If skill/accuracy is set higher they use single shots... Weapon bug or AI issue or both?

Imo default AI MG/LMG fire mode should be a longer burst on target and definitely stop if AI moves/turns around.

Hmm almost 500 builds and that's it?

Hmmm, over 2,000 posts and that's it?

Seems you'd have more constructive things to say but every time I see one of your posts it's pointless and demeaning.

If me asking what else is there but one fix in the log is pointless and demeaning why are you getting upset?

Just noticed that when in the airport tower on Utes and looking through the glass... no smoke or explosions are visible. Just checked some other buildings and the same result....no smoke, fire or explosions visible when looking through window glass.

Just curious if its impossible to improve AI trigger discipline using light/heavy machineguns? Still they keep on firing when turning around or moving away which results often in friendly kills. If skill/accuracy is set higher they use single shots... Weapon bug or AI issue or both?

Imo default AI MG/LMG fire mode should be a longer burst on target and definitely stop if AI moves/turns around.

It's a problem caused by the burst mode implementation. Bursts can be interrupted by animations (try it yourself - the burst will complete when the interrupting animation is complete), and AI will similarly complete their bursts (which are hidden from the player, and are often > 3 rounds to simulate MG burst fire) after the target has been neutralised.

This means that your AI might be halfway through a 10-round burst when it kills or loses sight of the enemy. "Great," thinks the AI, "Imma just gonna turn around and move to cover." Needless to say, you aren't happy when the remaining 5 or so rounds of the burst issue forth in your general direction.

Good stuff. :)

EDIT: Never mind. Was mistaken. The beta builds have been around much longer than I remembered.

It's a problem caused by the burst mode implementation. Bursts can be interrupted by animations (try it yourself - the burst will complete when the interrupting animation is complete), and AI will similarly complete their bursts (which are hidden from the player, and are often > 3 rounds to simulate MG burst fire) after the target has been neutralised.

This means that your AI might be halfway through a 10-round burst when it kills or loses sight of the enemy. "Great," thinks the AI, "Imma just gonna turn around and move to cover." Needless to say, you aren't happy when the remaining 5 or so rounds of the burst issue forth in your general direction.

If long burst causes the issue, changing the number of ai burst round will minimize the occurance of it and might also improve their accuracy as well right?

Just noticed that when in the airport tower on Utes and looking through the glass... no smoke or explosions are visible. Just checked some other buildings and the same result....no smoke, fire or explosions visible when looking through window glass.

I can confirm that...

Hmm almost 500 builds and that's it?

Could have been worded better, but interesting question...very large jump in build number.

Looking through the glass in the control tower at the Loy Manara airport in Takistan, I can see smoke and explosions.

At Utes and Chernarus airports, no smoke or explosions visible.

https://dev-heaven.net/issues/1903

Edited by OMAC

If long burst causes the issue, changing the number of ai burst round will minimize the occurance of it and might also improve their accuracy as well right?

Double-edged sword. The invisible bursts were introduced to give AI SAW/MG gunners an impression of realism (i.e. using discrete bursts of fire, rather than the old single-shot blamblamblamblam at-a-rate-slower-than-cyclic-but-faster-than-the-human-trigger-finger problem).

Does anybody have some animation problems with recent betas? mean like in mission Tforce when one guy enters the vehicle to the cargo ,but second player sees that guy still outside of vehicle

and there is also other issue - in Tforce mission player is stuck in dead animation , he can play ,but second player see him as moving dead body - which is very weird

I have no idea how to repro these issues , so it will be nice if someone can repro it

Edited by RobertHammer

Double-edged sword. The invisible bursts were introduced to give AI SAW/MG gunners an impression of realism (i.e. using discrete bursts of fire, rather than the old single-shot blamblamblamblam at-a-rate-slower-than-cyclic-but-faster-than-the-human-trigger-finger problem).

difficult to strike a balance, probably something in between then.

-deleted-

Edited by Muahaha

Does anybody have some animation problems with recent betas?

I have seen them too while playing online (specially the dead animation problem). But the weirdest one was the crew of a Stryker sitting outside the vehicle on the right side facing the Stryker (forgot to make a screenshot).

I have no idea how to repro these issues

Me neither currently.

Xeno

These are minor issues and don't know if this is related to the FXAAsharpen fix but noticed that faces/hands on some units is dark on FLIR... Did not try all units I just bumped into these ones testing a script...

AI US/Team Leader

A2OA_B88738_FLIR_01.jpg

AI Taki Army/Rifleman

A2OA_B88738_FLIR_02.jpg

Related... at far LOD bicycles shows up hot, must been a hell of a ride :)

A2OA_B88738_FLIR_03.jpg

...but OK if movíng a bit closer...

A2OA_B88738_FLIR_04.jpg

Wonder if anyone else seeing this?

/KC

KeyCat simple ... check older build ... preSharpen or preFXAA and do compare shots

Just checked with build before FXAA sharp filter was added (i.e 88027) and it's the same so not related to the FXAA fix.

I did notice that the problem lies with black soldiers skin (pics below from 88027)...

A2OA_B88027_FLIR.JPG

A2OA_B88027_NO_FLIR.JPG

As I said these are minor things so I do not know if they "deserves" a ticket or not?

/KC

Edited by KeyCat

well if it's the A2 content then that don't have the detailed TI textures for skin like OA content ... so take it in mind

I did notice that the problem lies with black soldiers skin
Cool exploit I keep that in mind, changing face now.

Looking through the glass in the control tower at the Loy Manara airport in Takistan, I can see smoke and explosions.

At Utes and Chernarus airports, no smoke or explosions visible.

Updated ticket:

https://dev-heaven.net/issues/1903

Does anybody have some animation problems with recent betas? mean like in mission Tforce when one guy enters the vehicle to the cargo ,but second player sees that guy still outside of vehicle

and there is also other issue - in Tforce mission player is stuck in dead animation , he can play ,but second player see him as moving dead body - which is very weird

I have no idea how to repro these issues , so it will be nice if someone can repro it

yes atleast two of your given examples happened to me with beta 88279.

first time my team m8 was healing me and i was allready scanning my 6,

while he tought i was still down [horrible when u move on and got shot a second time].

second i was pilot and waited for a player to enter the chopper while he was hangin outside the chopper for me, he said he was in.

a repro would be hard it doesnt happen that often would be one hell of a video.