Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Developer post in this thread.  

Thread: ARMA 2: OA beta build 88738 (1.60 MP compatible build, post 1.60 release)

1.   Click here to go to the next Developer post in this thread.   #1

ARMA 2: OA beta build 88738 (1.60 MP compatible build, post 1.60 release)

http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

[88726] Fixed: Frequent client/server crashes in MP (when merging multipacket messages)
    + FXAAsharpen is now disabled for TI/NV views

step closer to stability

as soon as BE supports ill give it ago mate

Hmm almost 500 builds and that's it?
    ArmA2: "Doc, I'm wounded, I can barely aim and I'm bleeding badly, come on pull my body out of the harm's way and treat me before I die!"
    ArmA3: "You are wounded! Click to instantly regenerate health whenever you feel like it!"

Giving 'authenticity' an entirely new meaning, together with Medal of Honor.

Just curious if its impossible to improve AI trigger discipline using light/heavy machineguns? Still they keep on firing when turning around or moving away which results often in friendly kills. If skill/accuracy is set higher they use single shots... Weapon bug or AI issue or both?
    Imo default AI MG/LMG fire mode should be a longer burst on target and definitely stop if AI moves/turns around.

Master Gunnery Sergeant
    Quote Originally Posted by metalcraze View Post
    Hmm almost 500 builds and that's it?
    Hmmm, over 2,000 posts and that's it?
    Seems you'd have more constructive things to say but every time I see one of your posts it's pointless and demeaning.

Case: CoolerMaster HAF-922
    MoBo: ASUS M4A89GTD Pro/USB3
    PSU: Corsair HX 750w
    CPU: AMD FX 8320 Vishera @ 4.6 GHz
    RAM: 16GB (2x8) Corsair DDR3 1333
    GPU: Palit GTX 560Ti 2GB
    Display: 1920x1080
    Audio: On-board AC'97 w/ Sony 5.1 surround

If me asking what else is there but one fix in the log is pointless and demeaning why are you getting upset?

Just noticed that when in the airport tower on Utes and looking through the glass... no smoke or explosions are visible. Just checked some other buildings and the same result....no smoke, fire or explosions visible when looking through window glass.

"Learn by doing!" - Quoted from a post by Imutep

OUTERRA - OUTERRA - OUTERRA - OUTERRA - BLOWMIND!

First Lieutenant CameronMcDonald's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NoRailgunner View Post
    Just curious if its impossible to improve AI trigger discipline using light/heavy machineguns? Still they keep on firing when turning around or moving away which results often in friendly kills. If skill/accuracy is set higher they use single shots... Weapon bug or AI issue or both?
    Imo default AI MG/LMG fire mode should be a longer burst on target and definitely stop if AI moves/turns around.
    It's a problem caused by the burst mode implementation. Bursts can be interrupted by animations (try it yourself - the burst will complete when the interrupting animation is complete), and AI will similarly complete their bursts (which are hidden from the player, and are often > 3 rounds to simulate MG burst fire) after the target has been neutralised.

This means that your AI might be halfway through a 10-round burst when it kills or loses sight of the enemy. "Great," thinks the AI, "Imma just gonna turn around and move to cover." Needless to say, you aren't happy when the remaining 5 or so rounds of the burst issue forth in your general direction.
    Everyone tempted to post another inane/useless/whogivesatoss topic in the A3 forum - here.

Good stuff.

EDIT: Never mind. Was mistaken. The beta builds have been around much longer than I remembered.

Gigabyte P67X-UD3-B3 Motherboard | Intel Core i7 2600k @ 4.0GHz | NVidia GeForce GTX770 4GB
    16GB Corsair XMS3 1600Mhz RAM | Kingston HyperX SSD | ASUS Xonar D2X
    sound | be Quiet! 700W PSU | Windows 7 x64

Quote Originally Posted by CameronMcDonald View Post
    It's a problem caused by the burst mode implementation. Bursts can be interrupted by animations (try it yourself - the burst will complete when the interrupting animation is complete), and AI will similarly complete their bursts (which are hidden from the player, and are often > 3 rounds to simulate MG burst fire) after the target has been neutralised.

This means that your AI might be halfway through a 10-round burst when it kills or loses sight of the enemy. "Great," thinks the AI, "Imma just gonna turn around and move to cover." Needless to say, you aren't happy when the remaining 5 or so rounds of the burst issue forth in your general direction.
    If long burst causes the issue, changing the number of ai burst round will minimize the occurance of it and might also improve their accuracy as well right?

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast