blakeace

Blake's Mobile Parts Workshop

Blake's Mobile Parts Workshop v0.1a

0K-AoYk3eik

gYkaUbiMR2c

Requirements:

TOH version of CBA.

Introduction:

This addon kind of grew from very humble beginnings of trying to create a simple camera system that I could use for my own custom missions.

The parts aspect doesn't include all items, I have focused on single player non military parts.

Certain parts can only be added when certain other parts are either present or absent.

e.g. Benches are only available after removing the doors and the back seats.

All the additional code I have attached to the helicopters should be available if that part is by default on that model. E.g. if it has a camera then the camera controls are there without the need of the parts vehicle. The one known current exception to this is the emergency services medium flir helicopter that already has a working thermal camera, which I presume is related to the gunners view.

I in no way pretend to be an expert here, this is just the result of my own experimentation to achieve functionality I wanted for myself. I have got it to a level of satisfaction where I am happy to allow others to enjoy it if they want.

I have updated my sling loading addon, so that the camera systems work together if using both addons.

History:

0.2.1a

Fixed a couple of incorrect strings which caused certain menu items to function incorrectly. Thanks HonO for the find :)

0.2a

Changed how I detect the anim states from read of the config to checking the animation phase. Allowing the use of adding components from the vehicles init field.

0.1a

Initial release.

Installation:

Same as any other addon. If you are unsure, please search the forums for help.

A good starting point is here.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1908141&postcount=2

Limitations:

This has only been designed for single player, though some aspects may work in an MP environment, there has been no testing for it. Server bikey files included if people wanted to try.

Much of what I have done is work arounds to get something close to what you would except to see. Whether that be a camera or a spot light. Due to either my knowledge, ability or TOH limitations I have tried to emulate as best I could. E.g. The spot lights are created using a standard light source, moved to try and achieve a spot light like effect. On the ground when looking in certain directions you will get a lot of "glare" :P

When adding or removing benches off the light helicopter I am actually changing the model, so the action menu can seem to go funny. I find it helps to look away and back to get it back. This was required to have functioning benches and rear seats.

Instructions:

The parts menu is only available if the mobile parts workshop is close enough. The vehicle is the MTVR repair vehicle in the editor. Park it within 40m of the helicopter you wish to customise.

Most aspects are accessed via the action menu.

Parts:

Light helicopter:

• Add/Remove Camera (Side mounted version)
  • Add/Remove Camera2 (floor mounted)
  • Add/Remove Doors
  • Add/Remove Back seats
  • Add/Remove Benches (Adds menu items to fold up and down)
  • Add/Remove Copilot monitor.

Medium Helicopter:

Note the search light can only be moved around if the helicopter has a camera, else it has a fixed direction; See below.

• Add/Remove Camera
  • Add/Remove Winch
  • Add/Remove Searchlight

If you have a camera installed with a searchlight you gain these additional menu items

• SRCH SLV - Slaves the light to the camera, highlighting the cameras focus.
  • SRCH FRE - Resets the searchlight to it's static position

Heavy Helicopter:

• Add/Remove Camera (No visual model seen on helicopter)
  • Add/Remove Winch

Ramp menu items: If there isn't a gun mount there.

• RMP UP Raise ramp and close opening
  • RMP DWN Lower ramp to the ground
  • RMP LVL Level ramp with cargo floor

Paint Shop:

Click on the paintshop menu item to expand the painting options.

Depending on the base model you are paintiing may limit the possible choices that are extracted from the configs. Certain paint jobs will appear more than once due to the way I am dredging the configs.

Another menu will appear called custom paint that allows you to alter the helicopter in one specific colour.

Camera Controls:

• Camera ON/OFF Turns camera on and off. Must be off for other camera like options to become available.
  • Stabilise ON/OFF Selects whether it is oriented to the ground, showing one spot unless moved. Hotkey - User5
  • Lock ON/OFF If stabilised, selecting lock will attempt to follow the nearest vehicle including man types. Object must be a sub type of Allvehicles. Hotkey - User6

• CAM WAY Sets the camera to focus on the position of the current waypoint if available.
  • CAM RST Unstabilises and sets it to the starting direction forward and slightly down.
  • CAM RST LVL Like above but the camera is set more up.
  • CAM RST DWN Like above but looking almost straight down.
  • CAM MARKER AID Displays an orange sphere at the focal point of the camera to aid in where it is looking.
  • CAM MODE Cycles through daylight, infrared and thermal.

Moving the camera around is designed to be performed using the hotkeys. There are menu items available, but the movement with each selection isn't that great. The keys are your custom keys in your options menu.

• CAM UP Hotkey - User9
  • CAM DWN Hotkey - User10
  • CAM LFT Hotkey - User11
  • CAM RGT Hotkey - User12
  • CAM ZM+ Focus in closer. Hotkey - User7
  • CAM ZM- See a wider area. Hotkey - User8

For mission designers the object variable

heli_name getvariable "Camera_focus"

contains the object that the camera is currrently focusing on. An idea maybe to use the distance command to gather whether the player is following the correct vehicle etc. Switch heli_name with the name of the players helicopter.

Picture in picture - External Views:

If you do not have any camera operating, then an option will appear in the action menu called PIP CAM. This will open an action window and display an external of your helicopter on the action screen.

There are three different views. Chase, FlyBy and Orbit. Each can be selected by either using it's action menu or by using the binoculars key default B. Note only one choice is available at a time on the action menu. Select one to see the next menu choice.

Download

http://www.modsaholic.com

Search for Blake's

https://rapidshare.com/files/4075135680/blakes_mobile_parts_workshop_toh_ee_v0_2_1a_.rar

Edited by blakeace

This is awesome.. Thanks a lot's blakeace.

One little problem. I usualy use the init box to equip my chopper. But with your mod it don't work anymore? Is there a way to get the pip view in full screen while pressing num 0?

Thanks again !

Antoine

This is awesome.. Thanks a lot's blakeace.

Thanks I'm glad you like it.

One little problem. I usualy use the init box to equip my chopper. But with your mod it don't work anymore?

In it's current state, the mod will override any animations altered in the init as it derives the helicopters animation states from within the config. Adding dynamically using the parts truck is the only way to customise the helicopters atm.

Is there a way to get the pip view in full screen while pressing num 0?

I know very little about dialogs, I can alter the PIP size, but not the frame. So at this stage no. Any dialog experts here who know how to either remove or resize the frame?

Blakeace, its saying that the file isnt available on rapidshare, any reason?

I am wanting to release it on Modsaholic soon when its ready or a new link is good!

Thanks.

Edit: that goes for all your stuff, tried downloading it and it says file is unavailable.

Edited by DarkXess

Updated to version 0.2a

First post updated with the new download.

History:

0.2a

Changed how I detect the anim states from read of the config to checking the animation phase. Allowing the use of adding components from the vehicles init field.

0.1a

Initial release.

Blakeace, its saying that the file isnt available on rapidshare, any reason?

I am wanting to release it on Modsaholic soon when its ready or a new link is good!

Thanks.

Edit: that goes for all your stuff, tried downloading it and it says file is unavailable.

I just tried it myself and it downloaded ok. Maybe rapidshare was having issues?

Tried the autopilot which is the oldest TOH addon, and it still works. I know they eventually get deleted from rapid share once they haven't had any download activity but at this stage all are still available as far as the TOH stuff goes.

Let me know if you still can't download them.

Cheers Blake.

Edited by blakeace

Really cool !

Here is somes issue ;

I can REMOVE the camera but can't add it back correctly.

With :

# AddBenches 0

# AddHoldingFrame 1

# AddTread_Short 1

# AddFLIR 1

# AddScreen1 1

I can Add the Flir Cam but can't remove it.

Thanks !

*With the help of Foxhound we got your mods uploaded! Please do help us out also by posting the new links to all your downloads and YouTube videos,

after all were a new community needing more attention lol ;) Thanks again.

Release frontpaged on the Modsaholic homepage.

Edited by DarkXess

Updated Version 0.2.1a available in the fist post.

0.2.1a

Fixed a couple of incorrect strings which caused certain menu items to function incorrectly. Thanks HonO for the find :)

Really cool !

Here is somes issue ;

I can REMOVE the camera but can't add it back correctly.

With :

# AddBenches 0

# AddHoldingFrame 1

# AddTread_Short 1

# AddFLIR 1

# AddScreen1 1

I can Add the Flir Cam but can't remove it.

Thanks !

Thanks HonO, I appreciate the great informative feedback, I believe I have addressed these in the latest update.

Thank you Blake.

*With the help of Foxhound we got your mods uploaded! Please do help us out also by posting the new links to all your downloads and YouTube videos,

after all were a new community needing more attention lol ;) Thanks again.

I'm glad you got it sorted.

I'll be sure to keep you updated.

Thanks Blake

Hey ! A little idea. Would it be possible to make the search bind to the mouse "pilot view"?

So I think I will instal the freetrack sofware and "assing" the mouse to it? So I can use my track IR as usual and have the light (or pip) following my head thanks to the freetrack sofware !

We fast aim to a spot, lock the cam and then adjust with the key. It would be awesome. ;)

Hey ! A little idea. Would it be possible to make the search bind to the mouse "pilot view"?

We fast aim to a spot, lock the cam and then adjust with the key. It would be awesome. ;)

I have been playing around with syncing the light to the pilots view. So if you to your right the camera will pan around to the right. I have a version, but it is ground oriented atm, so if the helicopter spins, it takes longer to track in the spin direction. So I want to convert it to be helicopter oriented so that the yaw of the helicopter doesn't affect the rate of movement of the light.

Hello blakeace, :)

I have followed closely this addon, and I made a mission to use it.

I have a big problem: Everything seems to work except that I apparently can not see the image on the camera indoors or outdoors.

What made ​​you to activate it because the menu does not.:butbut:

Excuse my English translation google.

Edited by Spartacus20

Hello blakeace, :)

I have followed closely this addon, and I made a mission to use it.

I have a big problem: Everything seems to work except that I apparently can not see the image on the camera indoors or outdoors.

What made ​​you to activate it because the menu does not.:butbut:

Excuse my English translation google.

Not sure sorry, not much to go on. Try checking:

Is your your "PIP detail" in your video options set to disabled? If so it needs to be enabled.

Are you also using the CBA mod for TOH? as it is also required.

Is the helicopter the emergency services medium FLIR model? If so it has it's own FLIR functionality which will override my stuff.

Hope this helps

Blake

Edited by blakeace

i had unexplaied problem before with pip.

make sure inside mydocs\takeonhelicopter\takeonh.cfg

line says PiPEnabled=1;

Hello blakeace :)

Hello Thromp :)

I found out what the problem thanks to you:

PiPEnabled=1;

AmbientTraffic=1;

Windowed=0;

PipQuality=0;

but "PipQuality" must be on =1 and that the error was there....

Now everything works and I enjoy !!:yay::yay::yay::yay:

Bravo blakeace !! It is a remarkable and very useful addon !!

@Thromp:

Your addon is great and I look with envy after !!

Thank you to both !:cool:

Is it possible for you to release a script version so we can tie it to a helipad for example with addaction instead of using the truck to allow the mods?

Nice mod BTW, enjoying it.

Is it possible for you to release a script version so we can tie it to a helipad for example with addaction instead of using the truck to allow the mods?

Nice mod BTW, enjoying it.

I'm glad you are enjoying it. I won't be releasing a script version, but I do plan as soon as I get some time to add the ability to allow for using a different object as the parts mechanism. Most likely by being able to set a variable with the desired class name.

All the link looks to be dead for me.

I wanna share your awesome stuff ;)

Just installed but got a message saying I need to install "extended eventhandlers" Downloaded extended event handlers by Solus and Killswitch. Now its asking me that I need CAcharacters where can I find CAcharacters? and is there anything else is need to use blakes mobile work shop.

Cheers

Rhys

Edited by nosecone

Just installed but got a message saying I need to install "extended eventhandlers" Downloaded extended event handlers by Solus and Killswitch. Now its asking me that I need CAcharacters where can I find CAcharacters? and is there anything else is need to use blakes mobile work shop.

Cheers

Rhys

Hi Rhys, the only requirement needed is the Community Base Addons.

I use six updater for downloading my mods, or try Modsaholic.

Hi MacMillan11

I unfortunately don't have access to my files as the rig I use for playing around with Arma adn TOH is down and I am very time poor with RL to find time to get it up and running atm.

I'm not sure if somebody who has previously downloaded my addons is able to host or upload them somewhere?

Kind regards

Blake

Have you checked modsaholic? I am not running that website neither do I keep track what they add, but I do recall at some point they hosted Take On: Helicopters stuff there. Worth a try maybe?

Have you checked modsaholic? I am not running that website neither do I keep track what they add, but I do recall at some point they hosted Take On: Helicopters stuff there. Worth a try maybe?

Hi Foxhound,

I only quickly checked the old link yesterday, and it is no longer correct, but you are right they seem to still be on mosaholic, just the links have changed.

I havent tested the downloads.

Try a search of modsaholic with Blake's

The site doesnt like the link I am trying to post here for some reason.

Kind regards

Blake