Blake's Mobile Parts Workshop v0.1a
TOH version of CBA.
This addon kind of grew from very humble beginnings of trying to create a simple camera system that I could use for my own custom missions.
The parts aspect doesn't include all items, I have focused on single player non military parts.
Certain parts can only be added when certain other parts are either present or absent.
e.g. Benches are only available after removing the doors and the back seats.
All the additional code I have attached to the helicopters should be available if that part is by default on that model. E.g. if it has a camera then the camera controls are there without the need of the parts vehicle. The one known current exception to this is the emergency services medium flir helicopter that already has a working thermal camera, which I presume is related to the gunners view.
I in no way pretend to be an expert here, this is just the result of my own experimentation to achieve functionality I wanted for myself. I have got it to a level of satisfaction where I am happy to allow others to enjoy it if they want.
I have updated my sling loading addon, so that the camera systems work together if using both addons.
Fixed a couple of incorrect strings which caused certain menu items to function incorrectly. Thanks HonO for the find
Changed how I detect the anim states from read of the config to checking the animation phase. Allowing the use of adding components from the vehicles init field.
Same as any other addon. If you are unsure, please search the forums for help.
A good starting point is here.
This has only been designed for single player, though some aspects may work in an MP environment, there has been no testing for it. Server bikey files included if people wanted to try.
Much of what I have done is work arounds to get something close to what you would except to see. Whether that be a camera or a spot light. Due to either my knowledge, ability or TOH limitations I have tried to emulate as best I could. E.g. The spot lights are created using a standard light source, moved to try and achieve a spot light like effect. On the ground when looking in certain directions you will get a lot of "glare" :P
When adding or removing benches off the light helicopter I am actually changing the model, so the action menu can seem to go funny. I find it helps to look away and back to get it back. This was required to have functioning benches and rear seats.
The parts menu is only available if the mobile parts workshop is close enough. The vehicle is the MTVR repair vehicle in the editor. Park it within 40m of the helicopter you wish to customise.
Most aspects are accessed via the action menu.
- Add/Remove Camera (Side mounted version)
- Add/Remove Camera2 (floor mounted)
- Add/Remove Doors
- Add/Remove Back seats
- Add/Remove Benches (Adds menu items to fold up and down)
- Add/Remove Copilot monitor.
Note the search light can only be moved around if the helicopter has a camera, else it has a fixed direction; See below.
- Add/Remove Camera
- Add/Remove Winch
- Add/Remove Searchlight
If you have a camera installed with a searchlight you gain these additional menu items
- SRCH SLV - Slaves the light to the camera, highlighting the cameras focus.
- SRCH FRE - Resets the searchlight to it's static position
- Add/Remove Camera (No visual model seen on helicopter)
- Add/Remove Winch
Ramp menu items: If there isn't a gun mount there.
- RMP UP Raise ramp and close opening
- RMP DWN Lower ramp to the ground
- RMP LVL Level ramp with cargo floor
Click on the paintshop menu item to expand the painting options.
Depending on the base model you are paintiing may limit the possible choices that are extracted from the configs. Certain paint jobs will appear more than once due to the way I am dredging the configs.
Another menu will appear called custom paint that allows you to alter the helicopter in one specific colour.
- Camera ON/OFF Turns camera on and off. Must be off for other camera like options to become available.
- Stabilise ON/OFF Selects whether it is oriented to the ground, showing one spot unless moved. Hotkey - User5
- Lock ON/OFF If stabilised, selecting lock will attempt to follow the nearest vehicle including man types. Object must be a sub type of Allvehicles. Hotkey - User6
- CAM WAY Sets the camera to focus on the position of the current waypoint if available.
- CAM RST Unstabilises and sets it to the starting direction forward and slightly down.
- CAM RST LVL Like above but the camera is set more up.
- CAM RST DWN Like above but looking almost straight down.
- CAM MARKER AID Displays an orange sphere at the focal point of the camera to aid in where it is looking.
- CAM MODE Cycles through daylight, infrared and thermal.
Moving the camera around is designed to be performed using the hotkeys. There are menu items available, but the movement with each selection isn't that great. The keys are your custom keys in your options menu.
- CAM UP Hotkey - User9
- CAM DWN Hotkey - User10
- CAM LFT Hotkey - User11
- CAM RGT Hotkey - User12
- CAM ZM+ Focus in closer. Hotkey - User7
- CAM ZM- See a wider area. Hotkey - User8
For mission designers the object variable
heli_name getvariable "Camera_focus"
contains the object that the camera is currrently focusing on. An idea maybe to use the distance command to gather whether the player is following the correct vehicle etc. Switch heli_name with the name of the players helicopter.
Picture in picture - External Views:
If you do not have any camera operating, then an option will appear in the action menu called PIP CAM. This will open an action window and display an external of your helicopter on the action screen.
There are three different views. Chase, FlyBy and Orbit. Each can be selected by either using it's action menu or by using the binoculars key default B. Note only one choice is available at a time on the action menu. Select one to see the next menu choice.
Blake's Mobile Parts Workshop 0.2.1a