I was asked by VectorX96 to put something together to allow aerial refueling (aka tanking or mid-air refueling) chatter between a pilot and tanker. So I figured I would just throw together some various dialog that could go back and forth between the tanker and the low-fuel aircraft.
But after doing some testing, I decided to create something to actually enable mid-air refueling for any aircraft.
So far it's working pretty well. One of the nice things about this is that it is an alternative to people who don't use ACE2.
- Able to use both BIS C-130 aircraft as well as KC-767 from JSDF mod
- Chatter back and forth between tanker and player
- Vector to tanker from player aircraft, heading of tanker, altitude of tanker, speed of tanker, distance from tanker (when greater than 100 meters from tanker)
- Distance from port fuel drogue or from boom arm (as you get within 100 meters of tanker)
- attachTo locks aircraft to tanker during refueling (when within 2 meters of fuel drogue or boom arm)
- customized placement of different aircraft types during tanking (including many addon aircraft)
- accurate fuel loads for different aircraft in lbs
So far, I don't have a hose model so I'm just using a wall lamp as the refueling drogue (as a placeholder). Once you get within 2 meters of that, the refueling takes place. Watch this video for the beta version demonstration.
On Chernarus, there's something wrong with the map because BIS_fnc_dirTo doesn't work correctly there. I read somewhere that the compass was reversed or something. But now I can't find where I read that.- FIXED (I think)
Is there a command which tells a script which map you are on?
If you are making a plane or helicopter and want it to be compatible with this module out of the box, please name your memory point like this:
- "refuel_probe" for compatibility with the drogue like on an F-18, AV-8B Harrier or most helicopters
- "refuel_socket" for the receptacle like on the F-16 and F-22