Sign in to follow this  
wolffy.au

Multi-Session Operations v4.1 released

Has the ACE incapacitated/specator revive thing been tested with this?

I added it to my version of the mission and the timer only shows up sometimes and it ends up messing peoples ACRE and stuff.

Can't say I've tested the ACE 'poor man's revive' script, though there should be no reason why it doesn't work. There's an RMM_Revive included in MSO, which ACE Wouding Sys doesn't like at all, so make sure it's disabled for ACE versions. ACE/ACRE issues are well outside the scope of this mission framework though - even if you can't repro the issue without any MSO scripts I very much doubt any of us would be in a position to fix it for you.

Alright I'll try that.

Our squad likes it mainly to account for ARMA being ARMA since we usually play without respawns. It sucks to lose a guy during a firefight or something because he clipped into a door and bleeds out and died.

So far the only issue with the ACE/ACRE is just with that script. Some times it kicks in and you go "incapacitated" and have the spectator thing. Othertimes you are just in a middle ground and "dead" but not really dead and it doesn't work. (usually this scenario requires you to go back to the lobby and come back in as the ACRE Sync does not fix it).

To be absolutely honest, we don't really know what ACRE Synch does. It's in there because someone suggested there was a JIP issue with ACRE when people joined at a range >30km from other players. Beyond that, you'd have to ask Nou about it!

Anyway, ensure rmm_revive is off and you have the relevant ACE modules on the map and you should be ok. If it's still acting up, you could try disabling Nomad and the Fob_Multispawn modules to narrow it down some, as these are the only other scripts that have anything to do with JIP/Spawn/Deaths etc.

Thanks for the help. I'll get back to you to let you know if it works when I have time to fix it.

yo guys!

As i announced before i ported Roy's excellent Patrol Ops 2.02 to an MSO Module.

Imagine, you are deployed in the center of a long lasting dynamically generated SpecOp-campaign with endless tasks set in a fully dynamically generated civilian and hostile environment!

So just add PO2 as an alternative enemy spawn- and tasksystem, that creates about 20 different mission-types depending on all those awesome defined map-locations and apply it to your own and different style of MSO playing! It's endless fun, believe me! In fact, codeloading and filesystem of PO2 was heavily reduced to its perfectly done core task-spawning system. Other needs were already covered with the MSO idea, so there are no ranking systems, no arty or other blingbling to have it run stable and perfectly compatible with MSO!

I am sure that - especially in combination with upcoming Tup's IEDs - it really adds interesting kinds of playstyle options (even selectable in mission parameters) from island reconstruction or seek and rescue operations and even to domination style missions (if you are really need it :))! -> but most important, it doesn't take much servercapacity and it's lightweight.

I will make it "call-in"-able at MHQ tomorrow so tasks can only be requested and confirmed at MHQ directly in-game!

It's well tested (so i get no new mission-specific errors on server and client after at least of 10 hours, mentioned: not running WICT -> WICT is not designed for long lasting ops!)!

So if it's ok for Roy (i'll ask myself after i got some sleep) i will pass it over to you guys for an offical MSO integration-evaluation (meanwhile its unoffical, and for sure all credits of PO2 go to Roy for OCB and his team).

Since i have invested much work in it would you please have a look and tell me what yu think:

http://www.mediafire.com/?ty74uwgbooczqvb

gimme feed

HH

PS: I've made some last changes, tweaks and fixes to WICT and will be keep fixing stuff if someone requests but otherwise i leave it as it is for now since i think its fine as it is now.

PPS: If you like ranking systems or wanna feel the full range of Patrol Ops stick to the original missions or to Blit's version if he is rolling it out!

Thanks mate. Will try this out ASAP. I'm all for anything that can give a sense of full war (and civ strife during that war). I do agree that the IED module on top will be superb.

Rankings arent required in my eyes !

Nice Krem! Thx! i also got my testingserver up, if yu remember its name!

btw:

in order to get some performance-testing i started up my dedicated yesterday evening and teleported all over the map to have loads of units spawned! I then played for about 4 hours and left at about 02:00 to go to bed. At this time there were 370 units spawned (count allunits) of about 75 groups (count allgroups) - server was still at 49 FPS at this time. When i joined in today at 11:00 again the server performance was still at 46 FPS after JIP and after some walking around and searching for caches it went up to 49 again with now 395 units and 81 groups. Also groups are still moving, no civi-chicken dance and CAS and all other features are working still. Also no major errors in client and server .rpt

So i assume everythings cool with it ;)

PS: "I'm all for anything that can give a sense of full war" >>> yeah, yu know me - count me in ;)

Quick question Highhead...is there a way i can make this SP so that i can save a game in progress and come back to it later? Everything ive tried so far hasnt allowed me the option to save. Its either i abort of respawn.

Highhead, I am not sure what Patrol Ops is doing? I get no side missions, all I see is normal activity for MSO?

Hmmmm that's odd mate. I get the missions. Sure you haven't commented the PatrolOps stuff out in that download ?

I was trying to get PatrolOps working in my Battlezone port - but no dice so far !

well maybe I better try again! Not sure what I could have done but thanks for verifying that the missions are supposed to be there.

Turns out it wasn't the ace specator thing causing the ACRE issue. ACRE seems to cut off after every death and you have to DC and come back in. Think it's probably an ACRE issue, but could be something with the mission,.

Turns out it wasn't the ace specator thing causing the ACRE issue. ACRE seems to cut off after every death and you have to DC and come back in. Think it's probably an ACRE issue, but could be something with the mission,.

Have you tried dropping and picking back up the radio ?

We noticed that when you die the mission seems to not realize you have a radio dropping it and then picking it back up fixes that for me/us

@HighHead

Its BL1P not blit

Heres the mission Im working on for anyone interested (this does not contain TUP_IED as Thats not mine to release !!) but it does contain suicide bombers and Ieds and other stuff I have messed up :)

http://www.2shared.com/file/OY3yfKnb/Patrol_Ops_MSOzargabad.html

O yer I forgot this will probably only work with ACE on as we only play with ace on i removed most if not all of the vanilla weapons from the rank scripts

Edited by BL1P

Having spent quite a bit of time chatting to ZK last night, I now have his BZ mission with 4.1 MSO integrated AND Reezos IED and detection running. It runs well, but I'm just working out the last bit of PO2 to add more action (while the war rages around you)

The latest MSO coming very soonâ„¢ has fully integrated IED scripts, including automatic mod detection for for Reezo's mod. TUP-IED is the alternative but without the more advanced features of Reezo's (e.g. no THOR III's etc). It's in the final stages of testing now.

BliP,

sry, havent remembered ya name exactly when writing. thx for the version, I was referring to the ranking systems and driverchecks especially when talking of ya version.

Gameqb11,

i haven't tryed saving in SP, but some ppl mentioned that saving MSO in SP has errors, also some features only work well in MP.

I will try it, but since its done for MP i can't promise i can get it to work.

Krem,

is there a specific error or can ya tell me whats not working with PO2 and your BZ-version?

Friz!,

Nice to hear! I'm looking forward for new version, can't wait!

have fun

Edited by highhead

I think I now have BZ (and MSO with PO2 working) properly !!! Just doing some last minute dedi server testing - but its looking promising. I MAY even have Reezo's IEDs working alongside Bon's IEDs (and SHOULD be able to detect them!)

Just working on WHERE PO2 places the containers to lift in Reconstruction - as there can be a few places Blufor can spawn.

Edited by Kremator

I think I now have BZ (and MSO with PO2 working) properly !!! Just doing some last minute dedi server testing - but its looking promising. I MAY even have Reezo's IEDs working alongside Bon's IEDs (and SHOULD be able to detect them!)

Just working on WHERE PO2 places the containers to lift in Reconstruction - as there can be a few places Blufor can spawn.

NICE!

i also made it Sign-in able so tasks are not autmatically assigned but can be resquested at MHQ! Also i resplaced some waituntil clauses thru while-sleep clauses to safe performance.

btw.: atm it reconstrcution detects "respawn_UK" marker and places containers with a bis_fnc_finsafepos 20 meters around it.

Be sure to use the next version of the module, its the RC! I'll upload in a few minutes!

PS Doc: since new beta - no crash, so i think they fixed it!

regards

Excellent news on the crashing mate ! Having made the things work together ... I've since broken it ! The MPS_init works fine but there is a problem with diary parser. Still working on it. May jump on your server to get the newest installment :)

LOL, yeah would be perfect timing since BAF base is just engaged by some hostile forces :)

Edit: Here is the RC of PO2 mod. It's inofficial still but please feel free to put your nasty fingers on.

Download

- you can sign in and request the tasks at BAF MHQ! Supplies for construction/supply missions are set up at BAF base also.

- i also added a nice little suicide-car-bomber chase mission (sets up a car in a town driving to another and blowing up if west is near, hes wounded or the destination is reached - you have to shoot the driver quickly)!

- i changed some waituntil loops to while<>sleep loops

Have fun!

Edited by highhead
updated link

Nice job guys! I just follow along your thread picking up the enhancements and updating my own mission. Kremator let me know if you get BZ working love to have a version with PO2 & MSO.

UPDATE: Can you tell me how to fix losing my ammo when I rejoin mission?

Edited by vengeance1

Question for anyone that may be running the Takistan(USA/British vs Everyone else) on a dedicated server. I have been trying to run this on multiple boxes as a dedi server at my house and am running into crashes after a couple of hours. I am trying to nail down if it's on the mission or something to do with the boxes themselves. I have been running it using the suggested settings on page one of this thread but am still having issues. I have been through all the settings, tried beta patches, yad yada. As anyone else seeing this or is it only an issue on my end? Just wondering if it's a common issue before I really start diggin deep into this.

Thanks

LOL, yeah would be perfect timing since BAF base is just engaged by some hostile forces :)

Edit: Here is the RC of PO2 mod. It's inofficial still but please feel free to put your nasty fingers on.

Download

- you can sign in and request the tasks at BAF MHQ! Supplies for construction/supply missions are set up at BAF base also.

- i also added a nice little suicide-car-bomber chase mission (sets up a car in a town driving to another and blowing up if west is near, hes wounded or the destination is reached - you have to shoot the driver quickly)!

- i changed some waituntil loops to while<>sleep loops

Have fun!

This is great!

MSO has it all , when just randomly patrolling, but adding the tasks stuff just adds to it!

Well Done!!

Hehe .... there is MORE fun on the way! Picture BattleZone, with full MSO (AND Patrol Ops2 !) Just a minor problem then it will be ready. Ask Highhead about the fun that can be had on my server :)