Sign in to follow this  
wolffy.au

Multi-Session Operations v4.1 released

Ok so if I have other Addons running in the mission like the Nimitz or PRACS that have ships it will not use them? If I am correct the MSO searches for all Addons being used and uses them, for instance I have Gnats ships and it adds them randomly.

Edited by vengeance1

It works by assessing the dominating faction in an area and selecting vehicles (air or sea) of that faction. If there are no vehicles of that faction, it will attempt to use the civilian vehicles.

If you want to limit it, you would have to select Civilian Faction only in the mission parameters. If the vehicles from the addons are not being selected, it is because they are not associated to the dominating faction.

Does that make sense?

---------- Post added at 12:47 ---------- Previous post was at 12:44 ----------

v4.20RC1 out - https://dev-heaven.net/attachments/download/16747/MSO_Missions_4-20RC1.7z

Yes sir it does, and i want it to do this very function the issue is spawning more Nimitz Carriers or selected problem ships was what i was trying to filter out. I believe you have answered my question, there is no filter to select certain ships to not be used per faction. Thank you very much for responding, much appreciated.

Hi guys quick question...

How would one go about making all east vehicles locked to players ?

(Nevermind, I messed something up, reply removed)

Edited by Strengthofsin

Hej

In the new 4.20RC2 in the clafghan mission, we had some "issues". The MHQ spawns 4-5 ekstra times in the base. not sure whats causing it. if you want i can see if i can make a rpt of it. but dont want to do it if you are aware of it.

Otherwise it works fantastic, best mission we have played in a long time.

PandeX

Hej

In the new 4.20RC2 in the clafghan mission, we had some "issues". The MHQ spawns 4-5 ekstra times in the base. not sure whats causing it. if you want i can see if i can make a rpt of it. but dont want to do it if you are aware of it.

PandeX

thx for report, will have a look at it tomorrow - could be it is caused by a fix we did for PO2 if no MHQ is present at all (so it would be possible, that each time a player connects a new MHQ is created)! If i can reproduce it i will try to fix it for 4.2 official release! also thx for your feedback, i hope you will have much more fun time with MSO!

guidance

HH

Great :D also we would love to have a describtion of what the different types of mission types does to the mission. if you know what i mean.

Hej

PandeX

I have found what is causing it.

The engine "spawns" 1 MHQ for every human player that connects in game :/

*edited later

Also i reselected the mission multiple times and i always getting the same mission as SECOPS

(Deliver 2 containers of supplies) to the same village.

Oh!..almost forgot!

1-2 of my guyz they died and respawned at unknown location (map 0,0,0 maybe?)

Again..we play CLAfghan ACE-MSO 4.20RC2 version btw

*some hours later...

IMPORTANT!

My team and i took 2 trucks to transport the supplies (containers) but we got attacked and 1 truck

destroyed (with the container in it).

Normally that should result a "Mission Failure" ,but no change instead to the mission status (and objective remained on map) :/

Edited by GiorgyGR

hi masters of mso, I have a very very newbe question about persistense using mso, after a server rebooting is possible the mso mission to retrieve last status data (position, gear) of players?

sorry my english is not enough.

best regards.

Edited by D3lta

hi masters of mso, I have a very very newbe question about persistense using mso, after a server rebooting is possible the mso mission to retrieve last status data (position, gear) of players?

Unfortunately, the answer is no. The persistence is of player status, health, loadout, etc between sessions of the same mission.

Unfortunately, the answer is no. The persistence is of player status, health, loadout, etc between sessions of the same mission.

Very Thanks Wolffy.au

Best Regards

I have found what is causing it.

The engine "spawns" 1 MHQ for every human player that connects in game :/

*edited later

Also i reselected the mission multiple times and i always getting the same mission as SECOPS

(Deliver 2 containers of supplies) to the same village.

Oh!..almost forgot!

1-2 of my guyz they died and respawned at unknown location (map 0,0,0 maybe?)

Again..we play CLAfghan ACE-MSO 4.20RC2 version btw

*some hours later...

IMPORTANT!

My team and i took 2 trucks to transport the supplies (containers) but we got attacked and 1 truck

destroyed (with the container in it).

Normally that should result a "Mission Failure" ,but no change instead to the mission status (and objective remained on map) :/

- always "deliver container"-mission is already fixed on staging and will be released with next version!

- multiple MHQs should also be fixed in next mission. thx for report.

- for the container thing: It is related to R3F logistics, since the container is not in the truck as an object (but only stored as a variable), it is also not destroyed with the truck. Will have to look deeper to fix that. Please log a ticket at dev heaven and just abort the mission in this case with the abort function at MHQ as workaround -> if its not there you would have to copy your mission.sqm to my last version (some pages before) until official release. If yu do it with a lift chopper the problem won't occur.

- i never had the respawn issue on 0,0,0 - but i must admit i haven't 't tried the ace version yet. Can anybody else reproduce this?

thx for reporting

---------- Post added at 18:31 ---------- Previous post was at 18:26 ----------

Theres a trick for "saving" the mission but id didnt try it myself --> just suspend to disk or suspend to ram (energy saving mode, or sleep mode) instead of powering down completely will have your server back up as it was before after "wake up". And it takes nearly no power.

Edited by highhead

Spawning at 0,0,0 is usually caused by an error with WHB_Multispawn - if the Respawn_UK or _US markers are not there or the player unit faction is missing from the script, it will default to 0,0,0. This normally happens if the default player units are changed to an addon that isn't based on the BAF or vanilla US factions

Just a heads up for the patrol ops 2 side of things that where remarked upon above.

Some times with the deliver container mission the truck will be destroyed but the container will be placed on the ground next to the destroyed truck.

The mission is then Still working and is not a fail....

It all depends on if the container gets destroyed or not I believe.

Just a heads up for the patrol ops 2 side of things that where remarked upon above.

Some times with the deliver container mission the truck will be destroyed but the container will be placed on the ground next to the destroyed truck.

The mission is then Still working and is not a fail....

It all depends on if the container gets destroyed or not I believe.

i have made a quite solid abort-function just in case, so all missions can also be aborted just in case something goes wrong

- i never had the respawn issue on 0,0,0 - but i must admit i haven't 't tried the ace version yet. Can anybody else reproduce this?

thx for reporting

Yes i can confirm this on the Clafghan mission with ace. Happens alot to our members. Our work around is to use MCC to teleport or people back to base. (if we notice they are gone, since we play with acre too, it can be very frustrating to the people that gets spawned in 000 000 or sometimes 999 999 :P )

one thing with the logistics ..Whenever your on a some what of a flat spot on a hill and bringing trucks and what not the vehicle pops or jumps up and blows the helicopter up.. I believe there is a better way to drop ..Some form of better script to were it actually drops and bounces the shocks on the tank or truck also more realistic looking..I keep going over a BTk script for Ad Cargo to C130 and parachute out the back but the R3F keeps breaking it..Do not understand because we use that for are S3 template,Both together and it works so confused. lol any help would be great ...

hello , i really like your mission it's feel like a real battle. I hope we have the 4.2 today. i follow the developement on dev heaven I really want to see how it's gonna be with the PO2 module ;)

thx, for reply! are you using revive?

If you mean R3F revive, then no. We use ace istead.

If you mean R3F revive, then no. We use ace istead.

Could it be due to ace revive running on a server with few fps and slow scripts? Does it occur esp. when more players die at the same moment? I think i expierenced such stuff with norrins revive and slow scripts

Well that im not qualified to say. but the server normally runs between 20-40 fps. which i would mean is sufficient.

We try to limit as much ambient as we can so it stills feels alive. nothing worse then lag.

And well it happens if one person dies wierdly enough we have two players that respawn out there everytime. But thats only what the say, cant confirm that.

Edited by PandeX
adding more info.